Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

precision black bullets

cnote

Not precision delta. These are dry lube coated lead bullets. They claim no leading, no copper fouling and no messy lubes for the barrel. Anybody have any experience?????

I'm looking to load some cheaper rounds for practice. ($63.33 per 1000) These may be the answer if they aren't garbage Seems Berry's goes up every day. Any other options out there?

The consensus on the bullets is very positive. Do a search with "precision" and "moly" and you will get all the info you'll need. The only thing is that there does seem to be a backlog so you might be waiting for a while.

Edited by al503

+1

I found them to be "as claimed". Very accurate, little smoke depending on powder used. I know one GM who uses them (I think) 100%.

You can't go wrong IMHO.

I use "Billy Bullets" a moly coated bullet all the time for my .45. Work great just a little dirty. Here in AZ I discovered that unless you keep your normally lubed bullets in a cool place, non-air conditioned garage doesn't work, the lube will melt in our 100+ heat. It also tends to gum up the seating die. The Billy Bullets don't have that problem and are very slippery. Rudy uses only virgin lead, no wheel weights and casts a very consistent weight and bullet. http://www.billybullets.com

I have fired thousands of his .45 230's, I love them, and they perform as advertised. I go 700-1000 rds. between cleanings on my 1911 and have never had a malfunction of any sort. They have a great product and are fine folks to do business with.

I have loaded 4000 of the 230 gr 45 ACP. Very accurate no leading in the barrel. I have not tried them in my Limited gun due to the AET barrel. Had a real problem with plated bullets tumbling out of it. If anybody has shot the 185 gr 40 out of an AET barrel let me know the results.

Thanks

I have shot his bullets out of my 9mm's, 357 magnum, 40 and 45. I have never had any problems with david's bullets. The main reason for the delay right now is due to a couple of other bullet companies going out of business, his orders have shot through the roof. I know David and I know that he is working harder than ever to get caught up and back on top of all the orders. You will not be sorry if you give them a try.

Not precision delta. These are dry lube coated lead bullets. They claim no leading, no copper fouling and no messy lubes for the barrel. Anybody have any experience?????

I'm looking to load some cheaper rounds for practice. ($63.33 per 1000) These may be the answer if they aren't garbage Seems Berry's goes up every day. Any other options out there?

I've used the 185 grain .40 cal. for almost year now 45k down range with more to load. They are very accurate and barrel clean up is minimal.

I've tried berry's and rainer. Both where less accurate and more expensive.

• 10 months later...

I used the black bullets in my 9, 40 and 45. The first batch I received worked perfectly b ut the second batch I received gave me problems in my 45. It is a stock Kimber Eclipse Target II and I used the same press setting and powder loads that I developed for the first batch. I shot in a match and by the time 75 bullets went downrange, my action wouldn't lock closed. Upon examination, there was a tremendous build up of fouling (Lead? or Moly coating?) right at the throat. Happened every time until I shot them all up.

I no longer use them in any of my guns.

I have used them in all my 45 ACP guns since they came out. I am developing a load for my 6" Limited gun with the 155 gr .40 caliber. I am at 5.0 gr. of N-320, 1.175 OAL, WSRP that shoots very soft and cycles the gun fast with a PF of 165.7. I am going to bump it to 5.2 gr to get a little cushion with the PF. I have had no trouble with leading or smoke.

been shooting them out of my my g22/23/27 and they work great. get a bit smokey with vv320n but once i am done with that powder, i will try another powder.

so far not problems. i always clean my barrel in the glocks with the vinegar/peroxide mixture afterwards just to be safe.

I had the same experience as the Brick. The first batch of 45acps worked fine but the most recent version has higher shoulders forcing me to load short for both my 45s. They also were not as reliable as past versions so I used them up and changed. They also seems smokier than the first batch. Otherwise, Dave is a good businessman and will get his product to you.