Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Florida Open 2009?

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well we are here! West Jet was it usual friendly stuff with us coaching the gate agent on what she needed us to do. US custom was a breeze, the officer was impressed that i had everything in a book and could open it up to what ever he asked for, form 6, match invitation etc. the $10 a hour security officer at the luggage area was a pain. she has no idea what she do. fortunately a call to the West Jet agent straighten that out in a few minutes. arrive in Orlando about 20 minutes early. National Emerald service worked like a breeze, afford a line up!

a nice drive to the super 8 with a stop at 7-11 for beer and wally world for supplies for the week. about the only complain for the hotel is no fridge in the room. we are going to have to back to wally world and buy a bigger cooler to keep our beer in!

tomorrow will be a get our bearings type of day. find the range etc.

anybody know where i can get a box of 45 for my carry gun? wally world was completely sold out.

well we are here! West Jet was it usual friendly stuff with us coaching the gate agent on what she needed us to do. US custom was a breeze, the officer was impressed that i had everything in a book and could open it up to what ever he asked for, form 6, match invitation etc. the $10 a hour security officer at the luggage area was a pain. she has no idea what she do. fortunately a call to the West Jet agent straighten that out in a few minutes. arrive in Orlando about 20 minutes early. National Emerald service worked like a breeze, afford a line up!

a nice drive to the super 8 with a stop at 7-11 for beer and wally world for supplies for the week. about the only complain for the hotel is no fridge in the room. we are going to have to back to wally world and buy a bigger cooler to keep our beer in!

anybody know where i can get a box of 45 for my carry gun? wally world was completely sold out.

if you don't mind the drive to sebring, try Jim's:

http://www.jimspistolarrow.com/

atek3

PS is it me or is that Super 8 in Lake Wales going to be bristling with arms?

Edited by atek3

if you don't mind the drive to sebring, try Jim's:

http://www.jimspistolarrow.com/

atek3

PS is it me or is that Super 8 in Lake Wales going to be bristling with arms?

It is... see ya there Thurs

sitting here in my room with a fever feeling like my eye are burning coals. Been downing flu crap, but not feeling good about shooting. If I don't feel better tomorrow, I'm a spectator. The mede andfever have me woozy. Getting dizzy running with a gum is out, so no mesa in the morning and we shall see.. Long way to come to watch.......

J

sitting here in my room with a fever feeling like my eye are burning coals. Been downing flu crap, but not feeling good about shooting. If I don't feel better tomorrow, I'm a spectator. The mede andfever have me woozy. Getting dizzy running with a gum is out, so no mesa in the morning and we shall see.. Long way to come to watch.......

J

I am sorry to hear that. Been there and done it, though. For me, it was the 1997 Limited Nationals. I was shootin' and pukin'. Literally. I would finish a stage and hit the bushes. I hope you feel better by tomorrow. Good luck..

Lets go guys ..... we need lots of pics or video. Since they never post the stages. Matt Burkett once did a live feed at the Florida Open didn't he ? And where's Sharon when you need a live shot of Florida - while we're expecting 2-4" of snow up here in Ohio? <_< I'm trying to live vicariously through you guys and pretend I'm in Florida! B) It's not working, but it's fun to try.

Good Luck tomorrow everyone.

PS I shot Area 8 2 years ago with a bad cold, oh and it rained the whole time ............. I didn't shoot well, but at least I shot. No meds, just miserable.

Edited by CHRIS KEEN

J

I am sorry to hear that. Been there and done it, though. For me, it was the 1997 Limited Nationals. I was shootin' and pukin'. Literally. I would finish a stage and hit the bushes. I hope you feel better by tomorrow. Good luck..

Jack,

The only reason you were losing your cookies each stage is that you remembered the college team that you root for. :sight::roflol:

Edited by XD Niner

Lets go guys ..... we need lots of pics or video. Since they never post the stages. Matt Burkett once did a live feed at the Florida Open didn't he ? And where's Sharon when you need a live shot of Florida - while we're expecting 2-4" of snow up here in Ohio? <_< I'm trying to live vicariously through you guys and pretend I'm in Florida! B) It's not working, but it's fun to try.

Good Luck tomorrow everyone.

PS I shot Area 8 2 years ago with a bad cold, oh and it rained the whole time ............. I didn't shoot well, but at least I shot. No meds, just miserable.

Okay, so it is my first time here, and I am still amazed at the oranges oranges EVERYWHERE!

3296642866_eec7578886.jpg

J

Jack,

The only reason you were losing your cookies each stage is that you remembered the college team that you root for. :sight::roflol:

Funny....Very funny...

J

Oh that's no good. If you feel like crap in the morning, they might let you shoot through on sunday or something. I'd say have a soak in the tub, but if it's the same as my room it's a foot to short :)

I had the chills so bad last night I took a blanket wrapped it around me and ran the hair dryer on high under the blanket. Did that for an hour until I stopped shaking LOL

Hey, atleast it's nice here and not snowing I got three weeks so wth

Good luck guys that one stage looks like a bitch I heard the one squad got like 18 m and a bunch of ftes

J

Oh that's no good. If you feel like crap in the morning, they might let you shoot through on sunday or something. I'd say have a soak in the tub, but if it's the same as my room it's a foot to short :)

Well, I just shot five stages at the open 8-2. I started out a little rough forgetting a target on stage 9.

The stages are unreal.

Stage 2 must have taken hours to set up. Targets set up behind walls and ports. You can only see each target once miss your spot and you can miss the target.

I met JT I think he is going to live. He has a pocket full of mounts if you are lookingf for one.