Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Florida Open 2009?

This year the confirmations will be done via e-Mail. If you have already sent in your application, and have not received an e-Mail confirmation, you should e-mail wadette@embarqmail.com to confirm that she has your correct e-Mail address.

If you have NOT sent in your application yet, please make sure that you print you e-Mail address (along with the rest of the application) legibly. With an accurate e-Mail address they can contact you to clarify any other questions that they might have pertaining to your application.

Leo

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Last week came my approved import permit. From the day I put the application in mailbox until I got it back was it just over three weeks wich is not bad at all. Just now am I waiting for the comfirmation of my slot at the match. Airfare and lodging have been taken care of the only that I need to "do" is to arrange for a rental car. I am checking different companies to see who will get me the best deal.Otherwise am I all set to go for my 3rd Florida Open.

If anyone is interested I will contact the Hampton Inn to see if we can get a group rate for the match dates. They are also a suites type Inn so it might be good but for a couple or three in a group. Not as cheap as some of the others around but may work for those you can stand each other enough to bunk together. :cheers:

• 2 months later...

Entries are flowing in and the match organizers have decided to offer Thursday slots for those that are interested. If there is enough interest, they might also offer a half Thursday and Friday Schedule. For the time being, they are offering the "all day Thursday" along with the "all day Friday" options to the Half Saturday and Sunday schedules.

If you would like to take advantage of any of these schedules, simply write your preference on the application.

The Match Application is available here: http://www.frankgarciausa.com/flaopen/flopen2009.PDF

If you should have any questions, you can send them to: wadette@embarqmail.com

Looking forward to a great match!

Edited by L9X25

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
What's a good place close to frostproof for buying bulk .40?

Try PM'ing Ray1245 on this forum. He does a lot of this for folks from out of town. And his ammo is first class.

JimInFL

I get there is no such member. any suggestions?

I think that should be Ray1425

Try PM'ing Ray1245 on this forum. He does a lot of this for folks from out of town. And his ammo is first class.

JimInFL

L9X25 is correct, Ray1425

JimInFL

L9X25 is correct, Ray1425

If anyone is interested I will contact the Hampton Inn to see if we can get a group rate for the match dates. They are also a suites type Inn so it might be good but for a couple or three in a group. Not as cheap as some of the others around but may work for those you can stand each other enough to bunk together. :cheers:

Roy

did you ever do this? i am in the process of booking a room.

I am told that applications are coming in fast and furious and the Sat PM/Sun AM schedule is about full. If you have not already registered for that schedule, you might want to consider one of the alternate schedules. There is still room in the Sat AM/Sun PM, along with the Thrusday all day and Friday all day schedules.

All confirmations are being done via e-mail, please make sure that your e-mail address is legible. If you sent in your application more than 3 weeks ago, and have not received a confirmation, contact wadette@embarqmail.com to make sure you application was received.

Hope to see all of you there!

Leo

I have been informed that the fax machine was down this weekend, Dec 19-21. If you faxed in an application during that time you will need to resend it this week.

Sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.

• 2 weeks later...

In the past there has been no matchbook published for the Florida Open. There is a high percentage of field courses but there are also a few short and medium stages as well. If you plan to shoot it be sure you zero your gun and no where to aim for 30+ yard steel targets.

Edited by XD Niner

In the past there has been no matchbook published for the Florida Open. There is a high percentage of field courses but there are also a few short and medium stages as well. If you plan to shoot it be sure you zero your gun and no where to aim for 30+ yard steel targets.

Thanks... I've never shot the match, so I was trying to gleen as much as I could about the match... not much info so far. Maybe I can find some Tube on ealier match

Roy

Walter;

I am going by there on Monday the 5th and I will check and let you know

Roy

I am told that, for most purposes, the Sat PM/Sunday AM schedule is full. As of Sunday (1-4) 2 slots remained and they will likely be filled today. There is still room in the all day Friday and Sat AM/Sun PM schedules. Send you application in quick to get your preferred schedule.

• 2 weeks later...

Roy

Roy

Phone 863 734 3000

Ask for Rosemary tell her you are with the open

Roy T

That is painfully true. I ran 2 that is TWO big sticks dry at the first shooting position of my first stage last year. I was ready to pack it up and go home right after ULASC. Know your zero ahead of time.

• 2 weeks later...