Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Where can you get M&P 9L's?

jsneff

...My opinion is that S&W probably is seriously in the gun business and are probably selling the heck out of the M&P so much that they don't want/need to tie up the machine time with making a long slide...

That was my guess as well... from their perspective, why introduce a new "sport"-oriented model when the current model is already gaining huge popularity within the competition community. I personally disagree, though... If the current model is selling well, I don't think a model specifically targeted to competition shooters would cannibalize sales of the current model... if anything, it would further bolster sales, as S&W would be more visible if additional top shooters move to a 5" M&P in lieu of Glock/SA/CZ, etc...

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well I got my mags off of the first gun and they have a matte finish on them and black followers instead of the white ones that came with the gun. As far a holsters go I'll heat my bladetech up alittle and open the bottom of the holster up so the 5" will fit.

Yeah, they are selling the heck out of M&Ps, that is why they are offering a rebate, and then extending the rebate, and closing the plant for 4th quarter of 2007.

I know I thought I wanted a M&P9L. No, I can't buy a sear. No, I can't buy a holster, I have to make my own.

Who is in charge?

Remember when Mercedes acquired Chrysler? They gave up trying to turn it around. Basically gave it away.

So this new guy, Michael Golden, acquires S&W. S&W is touting its state of the art manufacturing facility. Apparently, the S&W workers are so adept at manufacturing that they can close for a quarter every year.

SWHC stock $5.66 down .47 yesterday.

SWHC stock $6.13 down .20 day before

I guess the market knows.

IIRC, mine has a small opening at the bottom, but it's tapered so that there's no way the muzzle of a 5" model would just slide through and hang out...

You can take a heat gun to that taper and straighten it out so you can use a long slide in it.

They still have not started to first production lot, so it looks like a few more weeks.

Paul Pluff

Smith & Wesson

2100 Roosevelt Ave

Springfield, MA 01104

Email received from Paul Today. He's supposed to be the Sales Manager.

Edited by arrowrod

Unofficial but the answer should be soon, although I don't know what that means.

I shot one this week! It is very nice. The one I shot no doubt had some tweeking since it was a "prototype". Using a handloaded 147 grainer it was very soft and should be a winner.

Ernie was kind enough to let me play with it! :surprise:

Martin :cheers:

Hey, I am all in favor of Smith and Wesson giving me a $50 rebate and $50-$60 worth of magazines (Which are very nice magazines if you haven't noticed!) to sell more pistols. If it gets people shooting them and spreading the word. Glock gave away money by cheap selling their plactic fantastics to law enforcement agencies but it certainly seemed to work. So, just get me an M&P9L before the rebate offer expires and I will spread the word. Can I get an amen?

...I shot one this week! It is very nice. The one I shot no doubt had some tweeking since it was a "prototype". Using a handloaded 147 grainer it was very soft and should be a winner...

Did you shoot the 9L, or the Pro Series? (Both 5"ers... )

Also, did you happen to notice if it used the same length guide rod/recoil spring as the standard 4.25" model?

Now if only someone would come out with a nice Bomar-style adjustable rear sight for the M&P slide... :cheers:

• 2 weeks later...

I shot a match this last weekend and had the long magazine base pads cost me. (went for a reload and pulled 2) Any way I called Smith to get some of the pads for the 9C and ask about the Pro and 9L and they told me 2 months again. I ranted about if we were even going to see them before the Nats. They said that they were starting production. They did send me the base pads for free. :rolleyes:

Sent my rebate form on my second S&W M&P9. I will probably own an M&P9L before the check and mags get here! By the way, has anyone tried the Uncle Mikes Kydex holster for the M&P?

• 2 weeks later...

I'll be looking forward to the 9L soon! A friend called Smith and someone told him that a $30 rebate and 2 free magazine offer is coming! That would be good timing.

Edited by jsneff

• 2 weeks later...
Anyone know where you can get the M&P longslide? Wouldn't mind getting one before the rebate/mag offer expires.

Jeff

I e-mailed customer service last Friday (5/16/08). I recieved this reply today.

Sent: Tuesday, May 20, 2008 9:07 AM

To: Perman, Scott

Subject: RE: M&P 9L Availability

scott- they just started shipping

should be very shortly

thank you

• 3 weeks later...