Where can you get M&P 9L's?

jsneff

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I've handled the 9L and the 9pro (at SHOT) they "felt" fine, not noseheavy.

I shoot a M&P 9 fullsize quite a bit, and now I'm waiting to get the 5" one.

BTW, my girlfriend bought a M&P 9 fullsize in December '07 and she got her rebate check last week...

still hasnt received the mags yet.

Those are some spendy mags too...I'm spoiled by shooting Glocks for so long.

I handled them at SHOT as well. Seemed to have a really nice balance and didn't seem top heavy. I think they will create a an even bigger slice of Production class pie for S&W.

S&W said: "Late May".

Was that Mr S&W?

When I called S&W customer service on April 2nd: The rep said the "Official release date" was April 1st. He said he expected it to be sometime after May 1.

My Opinion: "S&W are not seriously in the gun business." How tough can it be to lengthen a slide? If I could catch the "CEO" of S&W, I would certainly speak to him in a loud voice.

Me wanting a M&P9L has to be one of the stupid ideas of the year.

I would like to split the difference and still get it before the rebate/2 magazine deal expires. I still went ahead and bought another M&P9 regular size. This is a good way to have plenty of mags.

S&W said: "Late May".

Was that Mr S&W?

When I called S&W customer service on April 2nd: The rep said the "Official release date" was April 1st. He said he expected it to be sometime after May 1.

My Opinion: "S&W are not seriously in the gun business." How tough can it be to lengthen a slide? If I could catch the "CEO" of S&W, I would certainly speak to him in a loud voice.

Me wanting a M&P9L has to be one of the stupid ideas of the year.

I agree that the wait on the 5" M&P models is a bit ridiculous... S&W has told me "next month" a few times now, starting over a year ago. They must have a reason for the continuing release delays, but it's anyone's guess what it could be.

And don't forget, when the 5" model is finally available, we'll probably still have to wait a while for a decent holster to be made for it before anyone can make use of it anyway... (Hopefully Blade-Tech has an advanced copy of it and is working on a new holster!)

I've handled the 9L and the 9pro (at SHOT) they "felt" fine, not noseheavy.

I shoot a M&P 9 fullsize quite a bit, and now I'm waiting to get the 5" one.

BTW, my girlfriend bought a M&P 9 fullsize in December '07 and she got her rebate check last week...

still hasnt received the mags yet.

Those are some spendy mags too...I'm spoiled by shooting Glocks for so long.

Update, she got her rebate mags today, it only took 4 months.

Apparently it's harder than you think. It's normally not just programming a machine +1". There are some variables that go into it, look at Glocks 34. My opinion is that S&W probably is seriously in the gun business and are probably selling the heck out of the M&P so much that they don't want/need to tie up the machine time with making a long slide. Feel free to try and catch the CEO. My guess is he won't have a clue what you're talking about.

Ain't this fun. Here we are guessing. Looking at a previous post, they pointed to a "stock analysis" of S&W stock. I noticed that S&W shut down their manufacturing during the 4th quarter of 2007. They also extended their "rebate". Giving away $100 with every gun can't be beneficial. Normally rebates are good because very few people take advantage. I would expect more than 90% of M&P buyers submit their rebate forms.

Interesting that nobody has seen M&P9L guns at the range. Blade Tech has not gotten a model to make holsters. The "supported" S&W shooters have not gotten guns to try.

But, 309 law enforcement agencies have purchased M&P products. Apparently they built so many M&Ps that they can supply them with a closed plant.

And, Gallery of Guns, the distributer listed on their web site has 0 (zero) M&P9 full size firearms.

Some thing is funny.

As far as the 2 free magazines deal, when I bought mine this past summer, I had them in a few weeks, no problem.

As far as the holster, unless the width is changed, I see no problem with using my current Bladetech or Fobus rigs, as the bottom of the holster is open. I'd just have to change my draw to get an extra 1" of straight lift before bringing the muzzle forward.

As far as the holster, unless the width is changed, I see no problem with using my current Blade-Tech ... as the bottom of the holster is open.

What Blade-Tech holster are you using? IIRC, mine has a small opening at the bottom, but it's tapered so that there's no way the muzzle of a 5" model would just slide through and hang out...

By the way, I just read your sig - what the heck is a "honky" (in terms of scoring, that is... )