Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What Does Your Limited Or Limited 10 Look Like?

DBake

• Replies 939
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can we see more photos of this 6" gun built by Kevin Toothman? Am in agreement with "ihatepickles" about being the first 6" gun to own. Most of them dont really catch my interest but this one is different.

thanks

what barrel? Bull or straight?

Thank you for your comments on the 6" longslide. It is a bull barrel which ultimately will be fluted to further reduce weight. This pistol was built for Mike Seeklander, an IPSC GM from South Carolina. You are seeing it before him! I told them if he wanted to see his new gun he would have to look on BE first!

Kevin

Simply beautiful !

I'm trying to figure out how the M2i magwell is attached to the frame.

I can't see no pin or screw.

Take a look at the last picture and you can see the pin on the side of the mag well. It must have been blended out of the other two. Makes for a good looking picture though.

OpnBlstr, that is one awesome looking heater! One of the best I've seen, clean and simple. What base pad do you use on your mag? Range report please :) Thanks.

Edited by norbs007

The details:

Mike Seeklander’s new six inch pistol is built on an STI frame, slide, and bull barrel. The frame was cut back from its’ original length to match up with the lightening cuts on the slide. The slide was lightened with the angled cuts topside, a flat top treatment, and the contour on the underside. Part of the challenge on this pistol was to use a five inch recoil system in the long slide since it has a better recoil cycle. Kevin had an old style comp gun in mind when he cut out half of the spring tunnel to blend in the shorter system – an example of form and function in pistol design. The holes in the back of the slide remove quite a bit of weight. All this is in an effort to make a six inch shoot and handle as close to a five as possible with the sighting benefits of the longer slide.

The pistol uses a five inch steel guide rod recoil system, not a six inch. The fire control parts are all Extreme Engineering with an Ed Brown Hard Core sear spring. Sights are the Dawson Precision Perfect Impact fibers front and rear. Mike likes long triggers so this pistol sports an STI gunsmith blank lightened as much as possible to speed up return.

Kevin recontoured and stippled the grip in his own pattern. Believe me when I tell you it is VERY aggressive. Hard chrome is from Metaloy.

Kevin’s personal five inch pistol is also an STI frame and slide but uses a Schuemann Ultimatch bull barrel. The slide has a flat top and has the cocking serration pattern Kevin started using over fifteen years ago. It’s a series of 60 degree cuts with a skip line in the center – very clean looking and classy.

The internals of Kevin’s pistol are also Extreme Engineering. The guide rod is full-length steel, the grip is Kevin’s own pattern, and the magwell is from Kevin’s old gunsmithing buddy Matt McLearn of M2i in Arizona. Sighting is provided by a Bomar rear and Brazos lightning rod front.

Kevin puts in a lot of time on these pistols and alters many of the parts before he is happy with how the pistol feels, cycles, and tracks. One example is the undercut and contouring on the thumb safeties. Just a little bit of work makes a world of difference in shooting comfort. Chrome is again the always excellent Metaloy.

For JRBean (and Julien): very observant on the magwell pin. Kevin smacked the magwell on a prop at a match and hasn’t had time to clean it up. Yep, it was Photoshopped right off the pic – no trickery intended.

george_costanza.jpg

You have more cow here ............ than you do HERE! :lol:

Todd, you sure that's yours ??? :huh:

It still has the Fiber Optic in it :rolleyes:

If you would have come out to shoot last night :rolleyes: , you would have seen I put a new fiber in it but used sightblack to paint over it. So far its working well for me and I think Im going to have a plain black sight put in the new singlestack.

post-4731-1170214257.jpgpost-4731-1170213832.jpgTCK, did you say I had a thick wallet, you must be mistaken since I recently emptied it on this and now the wife will not let me out of the shop again until spring :o

I also added a pic of my old limited gun that I recently sold to a local guy that wouldn't take no for an answer when I said I wouldn't sell it to him :blink: and now I really miss it!

I also informed Matt that he needs to come up with his own designs, these damn kids just have no imagination when they need to copy an old man like me :blink::blink:

Edited by BEDELLCUSTOM

post-4731-1170214257.jpgpost-4731-1170213832.jpgTCK, did you say I had a thick wallet, you must be mistaken since I recently emptied it on this and the wife will not let me out of the shop again until spring :o

I also added a pic of my old limited gun that I recently sold to a local guy that wouldn't take no for an answer when I said I wouldn't sell it to him :blink: and now I really miss it!

That thing looks HOOOOT! Does she realize its a solo seat?...lol Oh thats right, you wont have time to ride it :lol: .

OpnBlstr, that gun is a piece of art. I've lurked this string for a long time, and that gun is quite simply the nicest one I've seen so far. It's highly customized, and yet it's so clean looking. I'm not sure I could ever own one that nice. I would be distraught about wear and tear on it.

Edited by SA Friday

• 2 weeks later...

this thread made me drool so much that i just ordered a new Limited sight tracker along with my open gun from Derek of Millenium....all i need now is that GOD DARN NYC permit :angry::angry:

Edited by ogiebb