Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2008 Area 2 / Rio Salado Desert Classic - Mesa, AZ, Get your applicati

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are sixteen (16) slots left - first come, first served...

A2Chic :ph34r:

Did CHRIS B. A56965 get 1 of the 16 slots?

He sent his entry the Monday after the deadline and is anxious to know!

Edited by coltgov

Did CHRIS B. A56965 get 1 of the 16 slots?

He sent his entry the Monday after the deadline and is anxious to know!

I received his app in yesterday's mail. I will be emailing him when I finish processing all of today's confirmations. He also sent me an email.

Just sent him a confirmation email - yes he's in.

Seven (7) to go...

A2Chic :ph34r:

Edited by AZ Stats Chic

• 1 month later...
Sorry if I am out of my lane. Noob shooter mistake.

Another shooter said that there are drops from time to time. Thought it would not hurt to ask.

Pop,

Best bet is to contact Barb directly. You can get her phone number from http://www.riopractical.com

Just follow the links to the Area II Desert Classic. You could PM her here (AZ Stats Chic) but it may be better to just call. There is probably a waiting list by now. If you can get in, you won't regret it!

Later,

Chuck

edited to more closely resemble English and to Welcome Kalani to the Forum!

Edited by ChuckS

This is the 3rd year we will be there but is the first that we didnt have to get on the waiting list. Get on the list and you will probably make it in as there are usually those who drop out by late summer. Listen to ChuckS, he is a smarty :)

• 1 month later...

Okay. Got the plane tickets bought and rental car reserved. Just need a place to stay.....

Rich

ETA: Just checked something that has come up in the past with A2. For those going, know that this is the same weekend as the NASCAR race at PIR. So...if you're going and renting a car/staying in Phoenix Metro you want to make your reservations...EARLY.

Edited by uscbigdawg

• 2 weeks later...

I went for the first time last year. The shooting schedule was a bit different than I had seen anywhere else.

The prize table is BIG. They want to get shooters exposed to the vendor tent, to keep the vendors happy. (I believe).

As I recall, my first shooting rotation was an afternoon squad. BUT, we shot one stage before lunch...then went to lunch and vendor tent (lunch and vendor is two rotations). After that, we shot a handful of stages in the afternoon. The next day was the opposite. We shot at the break of daylight, up through lunch and vendor, then shot one stage after lunch. (Or, something like that. No clue how they will do it this year.)

Apparently, there is a memory stage or two every year. Scout them or lose points!!

Here is my AAR from last year: http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?...4&hl=Area+2 (the biggest part of my report is on post #57 )

Just a reminder, last years schedule means nothing for this year.

The squad schedule is set each year based on stage designs and time required for each shooter.

A ton of work goes into these calculations to provide a smooth running match schedule.

It will be posted you must be calm and wait for it, there is plenty of time still.

Edited by AZ38super

IMHO, A2 is the best run match in the country. They do put a lot of work into the stage design and arrangement. They may get one stage where the squads may back up but for the most part, the know how long each stage will take to shoot and reset and plan accordingly.

That said they do get complaints. The year they had four memory stages in a row with no walk through the night before. That changed the next year. The fireman's pole was interesting. I think 56 people zero'd the cart but almost all said they wanted to do it again.

Barb is usually very very good about letting people know what squad they are on. You can always shoot her an email. It is just too soon yet. She usually notifies this forum in advance.