zhunter

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

MEMBERSHIP UPDATE

Bryan, any determination from that crime scene? Was is ruled a tupperwaricide? :goof:

Welcome aboard! You'll do fine here.

B)

You know, when I walked in, at first I thought it was a circle jerk!

Just bought this from a friend of mine.

Wanna shoot for pinks next weekend :devil:

Na your right....its not worth what my springers are :roflol:

:roflol:

Well, I'm not sure I can make it now that the start time got pushed back to 10am. It will really be tough for me to get back in Nashville in time for work that evening.

But if I come I guess I can take you up on it if you insist. :sight:

Well, I'm not sure I can make it now that the start time got pushed back to 10am. It will really be tough for me to get back in Nashville in time for work that evening.

Damnit now I have to find a sigma single stack :roflol:

Damnit now I have to find a sigma single stack :roflol:

:surprise::roflol: :roflol:

I think you have to wash your hands after shooting those. :cheers:

SAWEET Blaster

Hey Z,

When I read the original bylaws it didn't seem like I was going to have much chance of joining because

A. Being somewhat confined to Maui I haven't shot ANY Single Stack Matches. If I draw one up for one of our club matches, does that count?

B. I figured the rules were going to be enforced fairly stringently until I happened across the above quotes...so are light railed guns okay now? If so which other bylaws have been relaxed? Are

bull barrels allowed?

C. Does shooting any of the 1911 derivatives in any other matches contravene the club bylaws? Or are STI/SV's not considered "plastic guns?"

Are there any other criteria that have been added or subtracted in the last 103 pages (I would imagine so) like what if your SS rig is all leather?

If so, how does one apply again?

Edited by gino_aki

SAWEET Blaster

Hey Z,

When I read the original bylaws it didn't seem like I was going to have much chance of joining because

A. Being somewhat confined to Maui I haven't shot ANY Single Stack Matches. If I draw one up for one of our club matches, does that count? YES

B. I figured the rules were going to be enforced fairly stringently until I happened across the above quotes...so are light railed guns okay now? If so which other bylaws have been relaxed? Are

bull barrels allowed? If it is SS Division legal, you are good to go

C. Does shooting any of the 1911 derivatives in any other matches contravene the club bylaws? NO PLASTIC!!! Or are STI/SV's not considered "plastic guns?"

Are there any other criteria that have been added or subtracted in the last 103 pages (I would imagine so) like what if your SS rig is all leather? The original criteria are still required for application purposes

If so, how does one apply again?

Z-

How do you handle the time away caused by work? I am starting to jones because of the lack of trigger time :o

Any recomendations from one of our founding members?

It is VERY difficult, especially being I spend the majority of my time in anti-handgun countries. I find if you think about your mechanics on a dry fire like repetition, it can help. Lots of visualization.

Hope that helps

Just got finished lapping this one and putting it together. It's chambered in .40S&W. The frame is hard chromed and the slide is a new proprietary KG Gunkote not yet on the market. I like the 2 tone look.

DSC00494Large.jpg

DSC00495Large.jpg

DSC00496Large.jpg

Just got finished lapping this one and putting it together. It's chambered in .40S&W. The frame is hard chromed and the slide is a new proprietary KG Gunkote not yet on the market. I like the 2 tone look.

DSC00494Large.jpg

DSC00495Large.jpg

DSC00496Large.jpg

Looks ready to run....you going to bring it to TN sat? What about Kentucky in Oct?

I put a Koenig hammer in it yesterday and brought the trigger down to 2 lbs. I thought it felt a little light so I brought it back up to 2.5 lbs. For some reason, 2 feels good in the 2011, but I don't like it in a SS. It's nice and crisp though. I'm looking forward to shooting it and breaking it in at this weekends EAGC match.

I put a Koenig hammer in it yesterday and brought the trigger down to 2 lbs. I thought it felt a little light so I brought it back up to 2.5 lbs. For some reason, 2 feels good in the 2011, but I don't like it in a SS. It's nice and crisp though. I'm looking forward to shooting it and breaking it in at this weekends EAGC match.

She is very sexy. :cheers:

Nothing like a buzzer to test a new gun. How's about lettin' the Ole BOZ try her out a little after the match???

She would be honored to go on a date with you Boz. I'll bring extra ammo. ;)

I'll have plenty of long ammo (1.200) and I wouldn't trust me too long with her.......the dirty ole man may come out in me :surprise:

I'll have plenty of long ammo (1.200) and I wouldn't trust me too long with her.......the dirty ole man may come out in me :surprise:

Boz, don't have a premature discharge or limp wrist that sexy beast :-)

Too old and too stiff for either...... :roflol:

Too old and too stiff for either...... :roflol:

From the ORSA 250 SS/PRO match in Oak Ridge TN sat. I'm a little bummed from the overall. But what can you do when Rodney May shows up to shoot production Oh I'm sure some of you will be wondering how a guy shooting minor about won SS. The stages where kind of outlawish. 32-38 rounds and pretty much all of them where setup 10 round bias, another reason why there where 3 production shooters above me. Plus Mark...is well good! Yeah, I know excuses, excuses.....

ORSA 250

Match Date: 7/18/2009

Place Name USPSA Class Division PF Lady For Age Match Pts Match %

1 Estill, Cory A Single Stack Major 999.2871 100.000%

2 Dye, Mark M Single Stack Minor 994.1649 99.487%

3 McReynolds, Jamie B Single Stack Major 986.2522 98.696%

4 Parton, Monie B Single Stack Major 857.6671 85.828%

5 Kempton, Jake GM Single Stack Major 846.0277 84.663%

6 Marlow, Dan C Single Stack Major 789.8064 79.037%

7 West, Barry A Single Stack Major 763.9469 76.449%

8 Thomas, Dan A Single Stack Major 760.4798 76.102%

9 Carrol, Kevin M Single Stack Major 729.9748 73.050%

10 Umansky, Steve U Single Stack Major 643.2817 64.374%

11 Toner, Robert C Single Stack Major 572.1930 57.260%

12 Borum, David C Single Stack Major 409.2715 40.956%

13 Cardwell, John C Single Stack Minor 287.1363 28.734%

Here is a couple of pics of my primary SS gun after having some new parts fitted, and getting refinished in Cerakote Matte Black. I had every visible part refinished, including the barrel, guide rod, and plug.

blackkimber1.jpg

blackkimber2.jpg

blackkimber3.jpg