Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

1911 Single Stack Elitist Club

zhunter

Longest thread about a non-sex related topic :lol:

About to hit 50,000 views

The Open Shooters, or whatever they tried to call themselves in response to our club, were just a passing fancy

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Longest thread about a non-sex related topic :lol:

About to hit 50,000 views

The Open Shooters, or whatever they tried to call themselves in response to our club, were just a passing fancy

Fancy Boys with Fancy Toys...... :closedeyes:

I'd like to change the topic....and extend my congratulations to my buddy and Single Stack Elitist member #13 Dr. Chris Martin on winning the HOA Single Stack at the Indiana Sectional this past weekend.

Sweet Job Doc. :cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers:

Mark

Nice Job Chris and that was no easy match to shoot SS in! I've taken a little break from shooting SS to spend time with her ugly fat sister but I'll be back shortly :-)

I'd like to change the topic....and extend my congratulations to my buddy and Single Stack Elitist member #13 Dr. Chris Martin on winning the HOA Single Stack at the Indiana Sectional this past weekend.

Sweet Job Doc. :cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers:

Mark

Nice Job Chris and that was no easy match to shoot SS in! I've taken a little break from shooting SS to spend time with her ugly fat sister but I'll be back shortly :-)

UGH!!! Not a fan of fat girls :roflol:

But......

They do get lots of love ;)

Thank you Nemo, glad to be here.

On a side note how do you guys get the little blue messages at the bottom of your post ?

Dave

Go to "My Controls" and create a signature. Look on the left for "Edit Signature".

Edited by Steve J

Thank you Nemo, glad to be here.

On a side note how do you guys get the little blue messages at the bottom of your post ?

Dave

Go to the top of the page. My Controls.

Personal Profilenav_m_dark.gif

nav_m_dark.gifEdit 'About Me' page

nav_m_dark.gifEdit Signature

nav_m_dark.gifEdit Avatar Settings

select Edit Signature

I might also suggest you go the the Announcements Forum and read the Forum Guidelines about your Sig line does and don'ts...

Fill in your name, location and other info and it will help those around you answer various questions regarding match locations and other cool stuff. :)

....and extend my congratulations to my buddy and Single Stack Elitist member #13

Thanks Mark. I wish you could have been there.

Congrats #13

Thank you Jay. I know I tried to start a mutiny here last fall, but my intentions were good. Hopefully, I can get my voting status back one of these days??

Excellent job at the match! :cheers:

Thanks Merlin.

Congrats Chris !! Super performance!!

Thanks Boz. Congrats for getting off probation.

I saw your videos Corey. Nice shooting man!!! You lit it up!

• 2 weeks later...

Que pasa, folks? Roll call for skinny gun 40 assistance.

I'm getting a Springer loaded 40S&W (no mas changing the 650 from small to large primers) and need the low-down. Mags to get, ammo OAL, and any other secret.

I'm getting a Springer loaded 40S&W (no mas changing the 650 from small to large primers) and need the low-down. Mags to get, ammo OAL, and any other secret.

Thinking out loud with my 1911 voice, it seems to me that 10mm OAL and 10mm magazines would be the ticket, since that one was designed to fit a 1911. I know, I know... you're so old school. :blush:

Congrats #13

Thank you Jay. I know I tried to start a mutiny here last fall, but my intentions were good. Hopefully, I can get my voting status back one of these days??

Just your avatar brings a tear to my eye and mercy to my heart. I am just part of the voting memebership but you have mine for restoration of voting privilages.

Go now...and sin no more.

:closedeyes:

Nemo, my 2 springers run on 1.180 zero or MG JHPs over 4.6 TG. I run Tripp research system mags so that I can run the SVI magwell, be able to seat the mag and still fit the box and they are 10mm mags. I've not had great luck with the wilson mags but I do have them as well. You might need to have the barrel polished and beveled just a touch. Typically if you only run 8+1 its fine but my guns will run 9+1 out of the system mags in IDPA all day long now.

Nemo,

My skinny .40 LOVES the Wilson 47DE mags. It's a .45 cal magazine but works well with the .40S&W. You won't have ammo length issues either (I load MG 180gr JHP's to 1.180" COAL). I like the extended base pad because I use the SVI magwell on my gun. I plan on trying out the Techwear here soon as well. I'd be glad to let you try my mags out in your gun. Another + to it is they will hold 9 rounds so you can have your barney round IN the mag at start and not have to fool around with a barney mag.

Nemo,

My skinny .40 LOVES the Wilson 47DE mags. It's a .45 cal magazine but works well with the .40S&W. You won't have ammo length issues either (I load MG 180gr JHP's to 1.180" COAL). I like the extended base pad because I use the SVI magwell on my gun. I plan on trying out the Techwear here soon as well. I'd be glad to let you try my mags out in your gun. Another + to it is they will hold 9 rounds so you can have your barney round IN the mag at start and not have to fool around with a barney mag.

Fickle aren't they, mine won't run on the wilson .45 mags. I do love having my barney round already in there though! As a side note the system mags from tripp actually will hold 10 and fit the box but he doesn't set them up to run with 10 in them, my primary SS runs 10+1 out o them fine, my backup runs with them like that most of the time. That would only be for IDPA though.

Corey, mine being an STI Trojan might make the difference on the mags. You're the Springer expert in .40, I've never tried them in anything other than my Trojan, but when searching for mags they are what Brian recommended to me.

Nemo, Corey knows all about the Springfield in .40 and how to make it run, I'd ask him what he suggests, he'll steer you write.