Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Living in a Meat Locker

EricW

When I was young, I had no idea why anybody would want to move to Arizona.

Now that I'm borderline geriatric and I've been driving to work on a road that you could literally play hockey on for the last 45 days straight, I'm ready to trade my skis for golf shoes on a permanent basis. This sucks! And there's no end in sight. I even drove my 9 mpg Suburban Assault vehicle last week in a vain attempt to push Global Warming past the Tipper Point®. No joy. So much for my promised beach umbrella and mojitos weather in the dead of winter. (Thanks for nothing you Nobel Laureate twit!)

Any smokin' deals on timeshares near Rio? I need to thaw out!

<shiver>

Can I invite you to Port Elizabeth, South Africa? Temp this morning @ 07:30, when I got to work was 28 Celsius( about 82.4F I believe). I will take 4 liter of water with me to the range this afternoon. I will have to since the Range is in a valley were the wind very seldom blows. Tomorrow, after church, I will go to the beach and flee there about eleven before the sun burns me too badly. Main problem in South Africa is crime, hell that is one of the reason a own a gun- and shoot every Saturday. Ive only seen snow out of a car window, kilometers away high in the mountains. Once or twice a year we might even see frost in certain areas.

Do we live in utopia- hell no. The new government is so stupid they did not build new power stations so we have "load shedding" every day. The quality of tap water is so poor you get the "trots" if you drink it. Every time you go to a government building you need to bribe someone. Even out National Commissioner of Police is a crook. He is being charged with corruption, money laundering and defeating the ends of Justice. The president of the ANC(ruling party) and next President of the country was caught with his fingers in the "kooky Jar" . Nice country- crappy government.

Edited by Johann the Horrible

Hi guys!

Just got back from Puerto Rico... You know, the smallest of the Greater Antilles in THE CARIBBEAN. San Juan traffic sucks!! When driving by Escambron beach the salt spray fogs the windshield and the constant 75-85 degree temperature evaporates the spray too quick leaving a film of salt that makes it really hard to see the ladies walking in their half bathing suits. :angry2: Eric, I'm sure your snow is a lot cleaner than that nasty ocean spray. Count your blessings.

I hate it when I pack and forget my swim trunks and flip flops in the hotel!

:goof:

Hi guys!

Just got back from Puerto Rico... You know, the smallest of the Greater Antilles in THE CARIBBEAN. San Juan traffic sucks!! When driving by Escambron beach the salt spray fogs the windshield and the constant 75-85 degree temperature evaporates the spray too quick leaving a film of salt that makes it really hard to see the ladies walking in their half bathing suits. :angry2: Eric, I'm sure your snow is a lot cleaner than that nasty ocean spray. Count your blessings.

Dude

That was just COLD

I love it!!! :cheers:

Hi guys!

post-3006-1200754538.gif post-3006-1200754538.gif post-3006-1200754538.gif

=============================================

Seriously (for just a minute) when I was young and working in the oil patch, I rented an old farm house that had no insulation and almost no heat in western Oklahoma (south of Elk City, where there has NEVER been a single Elk :wacko: ). By the end of each winter there would be a couple of inches of ice on the inside of the windows. We eventually learned to leave it alone as it did act as insulation on the single-pane glass. I was happy to move back South when it was all done.

Trust me there is salt spray here too. My car is black, but looks grayish white right now! :blink: BTW the temp here is -14 degrees right now. Too cold to get it washed...:angry2:

Well, you can wash it as long as you don't need to open a window or door. :)

The market is getting good around here again for new houses Eric. You might hate it here with us at Rio though since we have 5 monthly matches and Tuesday Night Steel EVERY week. You don't want to get burnt out ya know. :rolleyes:

The market is getting good around here again for new houses Eric. You might hate it here with us at Rio though since we have 5 monthly matches and Tuesday Night Steel EVERY week. You don't want to get burnt out ya know. :rolleyes:

Jason

Good of you to warn Eric of the possible pitfalls of living close to Rio Salado :cheers:

Well, I knew it had to come... that bottom-of-the-curve, late-January COLD s**t that hits us all, I'm afraid. Though chilly and overcast HERE (what else is new), we're headed for a couple of nights (early next week) of below-20-degree temps--so they say--which is a tad unusual for here. But we can count on another week of just-plain-cold, then who knows what will come across the Pacific after that. You can bet, however, that the cold WE'LL see here NEXT week, will drift YOUR way to add to the deep-freeze scene you all seem to have THIS week. :blink:

FYI, McCain is winning in South Carolina. Oops, sorry. That was political.

It's right about now that the locals start getting a little annoyed with the cold weather. But the lady who took my money for petrol this morning said that it snowed here on her birthday a few years back--and that was in March. Gah!! No way! Unacceptable! :angry2:

And to think I was considering a move to Reno a couple of years back..... :rolleyes:

I'm going back to my reloading bench now. Cranking the press tends to warm the upper portion of the body. B)

Now that I'm borderline geriatric and I've been driving to work on a road that you could literally play hockey on for the last 45 days straight, I'm ready to trade my skis for golf shoes on a permanent basis. This sucks! And there's no end in sight. I even drove my 9 mpg Suburban Assault vehicle last week in a vain attempt to push Global Warming past the Tipper Point®. No joy. So much for my promised beach umbrella and mojitos weather in the dead of winter. (Thanks for nothing you Nobel Laureate twit!)

<shiver>

Arizona isn't that warm right now. The low tonight where I live is 32 and that is 12 miles from Mexico.

<shiver>

Arizona isn't that warm right now. The low tonight where I live is 32 and that is 12 miles from Mexico.

It's -8 degrees right now... and that's not wind chill.

Well, I knew it had to come... that bottom-of-the-curve, late-January COLD s**t that hits us all, I'm afraid. Though chilly and overcast HERE (what else is new), we're headed for a couple of nights (early next week) of below-20-degree temps--so they say--which is a tad unusual for here. But we can count on another week of just-plain-cold, then who knows what will come across the Pacific after that. You can bet, however, that the cold WE'LL see here NEXT week, will drift YOUR way to add to the deep-freeze scene you all seem to have THIS week. :blink:

FYI, McCain is winning in South Carolina. Oops, sorry. That was political.

It's right about now that the locals start getting a little annoyed with the cold weather. But the lady who took my money for petrol this morning said that it snowed here on her birthday a few years back--and that was in March. Gah!! No way! Unacceptable! :angry2:

And to think I was considering a move to Reno a couple of years back..... :rolleyes:

I'm going back to my reloading bench now. Cranking the press tends to warm the upper portion of the body. B)

Here is bit of INFO from Siggy's member information. MAYBE you need to change this Siggy:

:surprise:

As for me, I am headed home tomorrow to some seriously cold weather, well, for us anyway, only supposed to be a high of 72 Monday!! :devil:

I definitely feel the pain of the frozen tundra. I would move to Arizona in a heartbeat- but am tied down with the job. :(

You're only as tied down as you make yourself ;)

That should be one or Brian's Maku Mozo's!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Make it a sticky!!!!