Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Footwear?

Jay6

What is everyone using?

I am looking to get something just for matches, and something that will be comfortable to run in but will also get decent traction in sand or gravel. Does anyone have a reccomendation? I am trying to stay away from straight cleats, maybe something like a running shoe but with decent traction.

What is everyone using?

I am looking to get something just for matches, and something that will be comfortable to run in but will also get decent traction in sand or gravel. Does anyone have a reccomendation? I am trying to stay away from straight cleats, maybe something like a running shoe but with decent traction.

Hiking boots work really well for me. I shoot a lot in a pair of Lowa Renegade's or Kerano's. They have very aggressive tread. Just change out the inserts to a little more cushion. Another option would be trail running shoes.

What is everyone using?

Hiking boots work really well for me. I shoot a lot in a pair of Lowa Renegade's or Kerano's. They have very aggressive tread. Just change out the inserts to a little more cushion. Another option would be trail running shoes.

I have been using a pair of hiking boots but I feel like I am not as agile with them on like I would with a pair of running shoes .

I wear a pair of Reebok Linemen Cleats for Turf. They have little rubber nubs on the bottom of the shoes instead of the Land sharks where they have the bulky cleat on the bottom. i will edit to include a link but they are fairly cheat and Work great.

Cleats

They aren't the same but are very similar. Very comfortable work well on all surfaces.

Edited by Coolduckboy

I shoot in Florida, and we have grass over sand about 95% of the time. BUT...

Last week at the WSSS at Rio Salado Sportsmans Club, I was amazed to see hard ground covered small rocks ( read marble like at times ) and the footing was MUCH different.

So, you need footwear for the location, not one for the sport!

You know I have had several merrels and they dont really grip that well. Fell on my *ss one time in hard pack

strictly because I stop but my shoes kept going...

I'm looking for a good cleat that will work in soft and hard pack desert conditions. I've been hesatant of buying some

because most of the time I'm on a hard pack type surface and I dont know if a cleat would did in. Floating on the cleats

would give you even less surface area...

I shoot in Florida, and we have grass over sand about 95% of the time. BUT...

Last week at the WSSS at Rio Salado Sportsmans Club, I was amazed to see hard ground covered small rocks ( read marble like at times ) and the footing was MUCH different.

So, you need footwear for the location, not one for the sport!

+1

I wear Adidas soccer cleats most of the time. I was using hiking shoes with an aggressive tread pattern until I nearly fell trying to stop at a port...not fun. The soccer cleats are comfortable to run in and provide plenty of traction to stop and start quickly. They seem to work fine on gravel/dirt as well as grass. R,

I'm glad a couple of you have brought up your use of soccer cleats, as I've found that my Adidas soccer cleats seem to stop me better than my Adidas football shoes.

The soccer cleats seemed to make sense and I bought them as a "I'll try them for a few matches to see if I like them". They were only a $30 investment and lasted the whole season being used in a majority of the matches I shot.

How about us guys with wide feet, 11 1/2 EEEE.

I usually buy a 12, and suffer through the match. I am currently searching for a true wide sized turf style shoe.

Jerry

Go to Newbalance.com they are the only place I have been able to find EEEE. I am using Bates in EE that are as wide as New Balance EEEE and a size and a half smaller, I use a 6" for grass or sand and a 10" for rocky ground.

I have had the most luck wearing Adidas Trail running shoes. They have much better grip on a variety of conditions than plain running shoes. I also found they are more versatile when it comes to dealing with props, especially ones made of wood, when you have to walk on them. What I like best is they have a good amount of cushioning for those long days on your feet. For those with wider feet, I might recommend New Balance Trial running shoes. They are available in wider sizes.

Adam

I usually buy a 12, and suffer through the match. I am currently searching for a true wide sized turf style shoe.

Jerry

Go to Newbalance.com they are the only place I have been able to find EEEE. I am using Bates in EE that are as wide as New Balance EEEE and a size and a half smaller, I use a 6" for grass or sand and a 10" for rocky ground.

Checked the sight and they do have 13EE, thanks!

Jerry

Checked the sight and they do have 13EE, thanks!

Not a problem,

Thank you again for the mag.

Adam

Jerry

Thanks for the link, I ordered a pair tonight.

JS

I shoot out west. I hate sand in my shoes.

I use 5.11 HRT-on sale at LAPOLICEGEAR. The work in the desert, mud in OK, and wet conditions at PASA. But my next pair will be Converse.

The new Oakleys have a plastic ridge around the outside of the foot. Might be a comfort issue with the new ones.

Converse has an air sole. I use a pair of the short boots for everyday wear at work and the are very confortable. The 5.11 make my feet sore after about 5 hours. So Converse it is!