Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Area 6 2008 Championship Who is going?

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I could show you video of me getting DQ'd but that would be counter-productive. <_<

I did have a GREAT 1st shot though ..... 1 shot = 1 kill B)

Aww... c'mon, Chris. I often think I live only to serve as a bad example to others. You can do it just this once.

OK Mark, what the hell .......

This is not open to discussion.

My Stage 1 DQ :(

The RO (standing on the left side of the camera-man) saw me sweep my left hand/arm with the gun, and made the right call in my opinion.

IMA45DV8 I whole heartedly agree. If this only serves to inform others of what NOT to do when running to a shooting position, then it has served it's purpose. Other than that it should at least make the RO who made the call feel a little bit better. (it was the right call)

END OF STORY - Please no thread drifts

Edited by CHRIS KEEN

BTW ... I finally got to say hi to Kate Durham, the young lady working the match (on stage 12) to help pay her way into the greatest Area match (at least the most expensive one) this side of the Mississippi. ;)

She is one of the nicest new shooters you will ever meet. She was bright and very sweet. A real pleasure to talk to. I can tell she really likes shooting. I hope she enjoyed herself both while working, as much as while shooting this match. This sport itself is almost as fun as the wonderful people you get to shoot it with.

I hope she wasn't discouraged by her placement, and just enjoyed the shooting for what it is ..... LOTS OF FUN!

(heck she beat me, if you check the L-10 scores! ) :o;)

Aww, well thanks Chris! It was awesome meeting you as well (great shooter too!). I really appreciate your donations and all your encouragement! You guys are awesome!!!!

I met Micah Barcelo and Bill Seevers. Two awesome guys as well. Thanks to them as well for the encouragement and donations! I think I finally figured out which one of you is trouble..... it's got to be Micah!? JK! :D;)

I hope to run into you all again in the future!!!! :D

I don't recall seeing Chris Patty at the SC Sect or A6 this past weekend. Is everything okay?

Yes, I committed to Andy for the BRM3G at Ft Benning this year before I knew the BRM3G was the same weekend as Area 6. The additional days away from home and the business in such a short period of time kept me from the SC match. While my smiling face and charming personality was missed I know, hopefully my sponsor support at both matches helped ease the pain of my absence. :roflol:

Edited by cpty1

It's been a really long Winter for Deb and I so it was great to see everyone on the range! Sorry I didn't actually make it to 'Brian's House' but I was happy to see many of you at Chrono (where I learned a ton of stuff). Hoping to be off the 'injured reserve list' soon, and back on a stage. Congratulations to ALL the competitors at Area 6... :cheers:

It was so much fun, I expect we may see the "Dog Tired, Dead-Beat Loser's Pool" again sometime.

You can bet that pool will be run again, and by God I'm loosing....uhhhh.....winning it next time!!

Thanks to Area 6, Charles, South River, and everyone who purchased tickets in the gun raffle so that Matthew Pressley can attend the jr shoot camp. I know Matthew will make us all proud.  :D

It was a great experience shooting with everyone in Squad 23 and meeting a ton of new friends

Also, thank goodness James (AKA) will be out of B-L10 now.............................. :bow:

Banks

Edited by spankymac

Chris I was shocked to hear about your incident. I unfortunely had to issue a "stop" command for an elderly gentleman on stage three. He reached for the door and swept himself across the center of his arm. He understood and it seems his whole squad and my scorekeeper saw the offense, but it was still a heartbreaker for me........

The whole squad minus me and Keith Dillworth go through, and then its my turn.

Hey! wait a minute... did you forget I was absent? (wasn't it quiet?)... trying to zero my C-More with its new diode since I really didn't want the chronoman to shoot the chrono with MY gun. :P

It was lovely shooting stage 7 and 8 with a 0.005 MOA dot and point shooting stage 9... <grumble>

I'll get vids and pics posted sometime soon... sorry, really busy. :(

The match was GREAT!!! Thanks to everyone for all their hard work!

Being the CRO on Stage 1 during Chris's run I would like to throw in my $0.02 worth.

I had placed an R.O stratigically either side of the shooting area, as we had many that were so keen to get going that they were close to the 180 line, and my brief was for them to watch the gun while the shooter traversed the box (as I could not get in position to see it at all times), especially after having a loaded .45 pointed directly at my forehead on Saturday when I was stationed on the left, from where were my R.O made the call on the sweep.

After the unload and show clear, we spoke, as I was thinking may be the angle made it look worse than it really was. But my R.O was adament that he saw the infraction, after conference with Rosie, we had no choice.

I later confirmed with a local shooter that was sitting next to my R.O that it happened "as called".

I discussed this over lunch with a good friend of mine (Kooi), and he had tried to re-enact your movements, as he to knew the stage set up well, and he was not sure how you would have managed to get your supprot arm out in front, but after watching the video, all is apparent.

I applaud you for taking the call like a man at the time, I know it was your last stage of the day, and it maust have been really frustrating, but you took the high road and acepted the call, I wish more shooters were as much man as you. I see too much pissing and moaning in our fabulous game.

Peter Oliver

I would be happy to shoot with you any where sir!

OK Mark, what the hell .......

This is not open to discussion.

My Stage 1 DQ :(

The RO (standing on the left side of the camera-man) saw me sweep my left hand/arm with the gun, and made the right call in my opinion.

IMA45DV8 I whole heartedly agree. If this only serves to inform others of what NOT to do when running to a shooting position, then it has served it's purpose. Other than that it should at least make the RO who made the call feel a little bit better. (it was the right call)

END OF STORY - Please no thread drifts

I really don't want this thread to drift somewhere into "Poor Poor Chris got DQ'd" ... land.

I appreciate everybody's comments, especially the RO who made the call (we conversed via PM today) and I fully understand the rules. So be it.

I love this match and the SRGC it was held at. Everyone did a great job putting this show on. Thank you all. I had a wonderful 3-day weekend with some really great shooters, ate out at a few of Atlanta's finest establishments, had a fine Cuban cigar with a couple of beers afterwards, and generally had a great time. Renewed old friendships and made some new ones. :wub:

However, can I have my 250 bullets back since none of them counted for score ??? :roflol::lol: