Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Area 6 2008 Championship Who is going?

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Ya'll,

This is Singlestack, ima45dv8 walked outside and left himself logged in so i thought I would give ya'll a match update.

Here we are living large at the range. We got us a RV and life is good. The grill is cooling off from a steak and shrimp dinner and the Woodford Reserve Burbon is real smooth. :cheers:

Oh yeah... the match is setup and ready to go. Looks like its gonna be a good un.

Is there any chance that someone can bring a Glock front sight tool to the range tomorrow. My travelling partner managed to blow up his 34 today and I can't find mine to put his old front sight on his new gun. I'm guessing we'll probably get to the range around 5:00 PM to look at stages. If so can you give me a call sometime tomorrow? Cell phone is 503-453-3781. I'm landing in ATL at 2:57 PM Local.

Kevin,

Yes I have seen him shoot it.

No he is not shooting Limited with it.

He's just as or a little more CRAZY with it than his "normal" 226 :surprise:

Oh yeah, and It's the thing he used a few weeks ago to shoot 2 100% classifiers to make GM !!!!! :cheers:

Hopalong

Limited Emanuel B. L2476 122

Limited_10 Matt G. TY50704 35

Open Max J. M. A26022 91

Production Jeffrey D. A56592 63

Revolver Richard E. T. A4438 5

Single Stack John H. R. A29708 26

DP looks like he's sitting in 4th ovl limited....

......after being up for 24 hrs including 11 hrs on the range and 11 hrs on the road, I finally made it home. :wacko:

(back to back misses on stage 11 and 12 at the end of the day didn't make the ride home any easier <_< )

I had a great time at the match, the stages were a lot o fun and as usual it was great seeing everyone out there. A huge thanks to everyone who worked so hard to make this match happen.

......after being up for 24 hrs including 11 hrs on the range and 11 hrs on the road, I finally made it home. :wacko:

(back to back misses on stage 11 and 12 at the end of the day didn't make the ride home any easier <_< )

My drive home was only just under 7 hours, but I'm betting it was less cheerful. :)

DQ'd on only the 2nd stage of the match (stage 4), when I got on the trigger a little too early, transitioning into an array.

My fault, no doubt, but it stings. Otherwise a great match and nice facility. I think I'm snake-bit at this match -- the first two times I entered I had to drop out at the very last minute because of work emergencies. Now, this. <sigh>

My drive home was only just under 7 hours, but I'm betting it was less cheerful. :)

DQ'd on only the 2nd stage of the match (stage 4), when I got on the trigger a little too early, transitioning into an array.

My fault, no doubt, but it stings. Otherwise a great match and nice facility. I think I'm snake-bit at this match -- the first two times I entered I had to drop out at the very last minute because of work emergencies. Now, this. <sigh>

Shrug it off buddy! No one left bleeding? Move on to the next match, remember what you did wrong and learn from it.

I had a great time. Learned 3 very valuable things.

1. Don't shoot faster than you can see.

2. Don't shoot faster than you can think.

3. Stop trying to shoot fast, go back to all A's, and let the speed come when it comes.

None of these 3 things are anything I haven't read here 1000 times, or been told 10,000 times. I started shooting back in February and the Area 6 was my 5th match to date. I don't need to try and catch up with you guys overnight. I guess it's from a history of being the youngest and always having to try harder to keep up. It was an awesome time and I could not have asked for a better squad. I'm going back to cleaning stages with all A's. You guys might need to pack a sammich!

I now its like a broken record around here but its nice to meet some Enoverse faces. The match was great and ran very well.

I was wondering if anybody has any of the final results handy....most importantly SS?

Great Match....wish my shooting could have kept up with the stages....the bays are tooooo deep allowing the targets to be set toooo far away (stage 11) and there MUST have been a SALE on BLACK PAINT by ALL the HARDCOVER (stage 3)!!! Great to get to shoot with Manny and DP......noticed Manny won Limited at Area 6, flew out to Colorado and won Limited and 3rd overall behind Henning and Glen H on Saturday and then back to TX to win Limited at Space City.....NOW THAT IS 3 DAYS OF GREAT SHOOTING!!!

Edited by DrawandDuck

Well guys I have been in mourning since I finished the match on Friday.

I basically just went out there and embarassed myself with the worst performance I can remember. :blush:

It was pretty ugly and full of rookie mistakes.

Started one stage without a mag in my gun.

Inserted the Barney bullet and holstered,...... Yes, I am ready. :rolleyes:

Started another stage with my holster locked. :surprise:

I'm glad gross stupidity isn't illegal in Georgia, else I'd now be in the Atlanta jail.

The silver lining is that you never do quite as well or quite as bad as you think.

After the results were posted only 1% behind my score from last year.

Sorry for the rant, I just had to vent.

Tony

Edited by 38superman

After the results were posted only 1% behind my score from last year.

Sorry to hear that it didn't go as well as you had hoped, I know the feeling. By the way, did you mention something about results being posted.....?