Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CM 08-04

konkapot

Shot this one Saturday. HF of 9.14 with a P226 out of BladeTech holster. A good time would be mid-2 w/o dropping so many.

The trick for me when shooting this one again will be to transition to that middle steel as opposed to the middle paper.

FY42385

08-04.gif

Edited by sperman
Added Stage Diagram

Shot this one Saturday. HF of 9.14 with a P226 out of BladeTech holster. A good time would be mid-2 w/o dropping so many.

The trick for me when shooting this one again will be to transition to that middle steel as opposed to the middle paper.

FY42385

The real trick is to get uspsa to include it in the new database so it can be uploaded as a classifier. We shot it yesterday and had just uploaded the latest updates from uspsa and it wouldnt show up as a classifier. SO now we are waiting for the patch from uspsa. <_<

An addendum to set-up notes for 08-04 is that T-2 has hard cover to bottom 1/2 of A-zone, per USPSA HQ clarification.

We're waiting on patch to be able to run scores for a patch involving 08-02 and -04 too. Our Club shot it on 1-13.

Hopefully the patch will allow us to enter the 6 Classifiers we just shot on same 1-13 as a Level I Special.

• 2 weeks later...
If not how did you determine percentage? And was the 9.14 HF/69% for production, I assume?

konkapot has been shooting L-10 for about the last year. The 69% is what he got back from Sedro when the January 12th percentage calculations were posted.

mattk

When USPSA updated my classification, it was listed as 69%.

I shoot L10

Damn. You are a GM too aren't you? If so that seems like it will be a tuff one to score well on, or did you just hose it?

Edited by JThompson

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
L-10

3.31 35pts. HF of 10.44

Any idea what the percentage is.

Bear,

Using Konkapots 9.14 HF equaling 69%

I get your 10.44 HF coming out around 78.9%

Damn, that sucks. I thought it was better than that. i guess we're looking at a 2.5 run with all A's for 100%..

L-10

3.31 35pts. HF of 10.44

Bear,

Damn, that sucks. I thought it was better than that. i guess we're looking at a 2.5 run with all A's for 100%..

Yea, I thought my 8.8 HF was pretty good. But that figures to 66%

Sedro Woolley has reverted to basing some of the HHFs of the CM08 series as a percentage of Limited HHF. Since many of these classifiers came from the last two Single Stack Nationals, only SS scores were available to establish the initial HHFs.

As a result, it looks as though SS top scores at those Nationals were used to set the HHF for SS, as well as for Ltd and L10. The Open HHFs were set at some percentage above that HHF, and the Production and Revolver HHFs were set at some percentage below the Ltd HHF.

Just like the CM03 HHFs, this procedure sucks when applied to Revo HHFs. In general, the percentage reduces the Ltd HHF too much when the classifier doesn't require revo shooters to make a reload, but it puts the HHF totally too high when Revo shooters have to do a reload and no one else does.

I've only looked at a few of the classifiers so far, but CM08-04 is a prime example. Nobody has to reload to shoot 7 shots EXCEPT for revo shooters. For everybody else, this is a speed shoot, and even if you miss, you've got at least one round left for a followup shot. Revo shooters only get 6 shots before a required reload, and the COF requires 7. So you have the option of reloading to take the final shot, or taking a mike on the final paper. Since there's only 35 pts available, skipping that last shot costs you 15 points, but saves you the time of the reload + shot.

Without specifically giving HHFs, revo shooters get about 1.3 seconds more than a Production shooter to shoot the COF for 100%. That would be more than enough to make up for equipment differences, except that we have to get in a reload too.

• 3 weeks later...
L-10

3.31 35pts. HF of 10.44

Bear,

Hmm.. a 1.0 draw, followed by .16 splits and .32 transitions ought to do it. :rolleyes: