Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Another 1 1/4 Trigger Job

ryucasta

Have to give Charlie a thumbs up on the trigger. I broke down and bought a 34 last week. Shipped it directly to Charlie on Thurs. He got it Fri. and shipped it back out on Mon. Fed Ex just dropped it off. WOW! I don't have a trigger pull gauge but it is probably 1.5-1.75 lbs. Great service and turn around time. And before all you plastic lovers (NIK AND FLEX) start, with this trigger job it probably doesn't qualify as a real Glock so I can shoot it without catching crap from you 2! :D If you must shoot a Glock then you have to at least get a real trigger job in it from Charlie. It isn't a 2011 but pretty damn good.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have to give Charlie a thumbs up on the trigger. I broke down and bought a 34 last week. Shipped it directly to Charlie on Thurs. He got it Fri. and shipped it back out on Mon. Fed Ex just dropped it off. WOW! I don't have a trigger pull gauge but it is probably 1.5-1.75 lbs. Great service and turn around time. And before all you plastic lovers (NIK AND FLEX) start, with this trigger job it probably doesn't qualify as a real Glock so I can shoot it without catching crap from you 2! :D If you must shoot a Glock then you have to at least get a real trigger job in it from Charlie. It isn't a 2011 but pretty damn good.

I told you you would like it.

See you at Factoryville on Sunday.

• 4 weeks later...

Well,

Sent my gun to Charlie on Monday and he got it Tuesday. He did the trigger job and got it back out Wednesday. Expecting it tomorrow. Cant wait, Ive heard great things about this trigger and cant wait to try it. Charlie was great to deal with, super nice guy.

Well,

Fedex showed up at the door today at 930am and had the gun. I took it out and like everybody else said, WOW. Nice trigger. Now I understand how everyone described it. I did a trigger job once on a Glock of mine about 3 years ago and it was as light as this, but not as smooth ALL the way through the pull, especially at the break.

It is very smooth and the break is so smooth of a let off, it almost kind of goes off on its own. The pre travel is a little bit shorter than before and the reset is the same, but the smoothness with the entire pull, beginning to end is excellent.

Thanks again Charlie,

Now I cant wait to shoot it.

So far I have roughly 3000 rounds on my Vanek trigger and it's settled down to 2lbs. I had some light strikes with Winchesters, but I suspect I didn't get them fully seated (just flush)

I use Blazers exclusively for practice and it never fails to set them off.

• 1 month later...

KGJ1119,

Yes it is reliable firing factory PD loads. I currently am using a couple of my Vanek triggers with loads (9x19 Major) that use small rifle primers and it goes bang everytime a press the trigger.

The trigger pull weight depends on a lot of things.

1. Brand and type of connector.

2. Nose profile of trigger bar.

3. Pivot hole position on trigger bar and trigger itself.

4. Weight of striker spring.

One can get a Glock trigger under 1 lb. with the right combination.

CHP,

I can understand your concerns about using the Vanek trigger in a CCW/Carry gun since some might consider 1.5# trigger to light for carry. I myself though have no qualms about using a 1.5 trigger for carry since the Vanek triggers have never failed to work for me after 10's of thousands of rounds fired in IDPA and USPSA competition. After all none of us on this forum work for the DEA... ;)

http://www.firearmscoalition.org/multimedia/footshot.wmv

CHP,

I can understand your concerns about using the Vanek trigger in a CCW/Carry gun since some might consider 1.5# trigger to light for carry.  I myself though have no qualms about using a 1.5 trigger for carry since the Vanek triggers have never failed to work for me after 10's of thousands of rounds fired in IDPA and USPSA competition.  After all none of us on this forum work for the DEA... ;)

http://www.firearmscoalition.org/multimedia/footshot.wmv

Very true.

While I do believe in Charlie's triggers, I don't believe in reduced power striker springs. I don't even use them in my competition guns. However, I realize I'm in the minority.

Triggers are like women - each guy sees something different in them . . .