Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Another 1 1/4 Trigger Job

ryucasta

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just got my G34 back from Charlie Vanek...

oh man!!!!!

the trigger breaks at 1lb9ounces...nice short reset...can;t wait to go to the range tomorrow..

also got the narrow (.100) fiber optic from Dawson..looks very nice...

welcome to production class.... :D

The 5 pound rule for Production triggers only applies to IPSC not USPSA. As far as turn around is concerned I have sent Charlie the gun on a Tuesday and had it back on a Friday of the same week. BTW, I'm in California and he's in Arkansas.

As far as I know..the 5pound rule is an IPSC production rule..

I sent the gun on Monday..Charlie emailed me on Tuesday saying the gun was ready and test-fired..and would be FedEx on Wednesday..I got it back Thursday morning...

He is a good guy..highly recommend him and the work..

I also just my trigger done by Charlie Vanek on a G34, all I can say is HOLY $%@ every time I dry fire it, sooo smooth. Didn't put a trigger gauge on it yet, but I believe 1.5 lbs. Sent it Monday, got it back Thursday. Shot it today, awesome. All safeties still work too. And, you get the old trigger parts back so you can drop in the old trigger group to go back to stock for GSSF. Thanks Charlie!

• 1 month later...

Charlie has a secret modificiation. I will not say what it is because people would attempt to do it themselves. Some would be successful, others would ruin many many triggerbars until they got it right. It's not a easy mod to do, and it is his idea so he should benifit from it. Just drop the $$ you will not be disapointed.

1. He's very good at all these steps - your attempts to copy will fall short.

2. He does a lot of things that are common knowledge and very helpful.

3. He skips a lot of things that are common knowledge and NOT helpful.

4. He does it quickly & saves you many hours of work, frustration, & ruined parts.

5. See #1 above.

• 5 months later...

You can add me to the Vanek band wagon. I shipped the gun off overnight and Charlie turned it around the day he got it ( two days later - thanks UPS <_< )

Charlie shipped the gun back and it's hard to believe how good it is. It's not a Glock trigger anymore! :wub: You can see the work that went into it. This isn't just polish and springs. :ph34r: It's a reengineered trigger group that I could set back to stock.

Charlie's also great about returning emails and answering any questions - Before and AFTER the sale. Great customer service, hard to find these days!

Highly recommended! :D

• 1 month later...

Having looked inside 2 Glocks with these triggers & having test fired one gun, I can tell you that Charlie deserves the $$$ he gets. Why?

1) Results. These things WORK!

2) The mod.s are BOTH extensive AND completely reversible. The work appears to have been done to new Glock brand parts; I believe your original parts are returned to you in addition. Charlie actually does a lot of work that is apparent; there may be other subtle changes I did not notice.

3) Reliability. One gun I tested is an Open class GSSF Glock owned by a non-reloader who is one of my GSSF team mates on "Team Blazer" - as in CCI Blazer that features super-hard CCI primers. Charlie's trigger even sets off these hard primers. The other gun has had exaclty one (that I know of) failure to set off a rifle primer in a .40 Minor load. Could have been a high primer; I don't know. In general though, these triggers work great. I do not shoot a GLock in USPSA anymore & don't plan to start back up (I like my SV & CZ too much) but if you are planning on shooting a GLock, consider one of these triggers.

I just sent in two of my Glocks to Mr. Vanek. I experienced the same as what was previously described, Charlie took the time to discuss my needs and was very open to telling me his workload and when he can get my guns turned around. It inspired confidence and I promptly sent him my Glocks!

I tried one of Vanek's triggers on a Glock owned by a member of Team Blazer at a GSSF match. It was AWESOME! I can't wait to get these back after the July 4th holiday.

Wished that I would have been poking around this board and forum sooner... just registered and am liking it very much (here)!

Thanks!

Charlie Vanek has got to be the best thing that ever happened to a Glock. If the trigger were any sweeter I could probably use the force to fire it. And Charlie does the fastest work in the business, he picked up my G21 at 9AM Tuesday & shipped it back 9AM Wednesday. He also called me to explain why he did some extra work that I wasn't even aware was needed. Charlie did such a good job that I am planning to get a G34 to use for production because that trigger job is better than the single action pull on my Beretta.

Well, its a fantastic day... I received my two Glocks back from Mr. Vanek today (Wednesday)!

Charlie received my two Glocks Friday, worked on them during the weekend, sent me an email saying they were done and ready to go during the weekend!

Monday was July 4th so he had to send the Glocks back Tuesday morning and I got them in my hands right now.

I had to clean my drool off my chin (among other things) when I dry-fired these beauties... they are now more than "just Glocks"... they are among my prized possessions.

Thanks Mr. Vanek!!! You are a COOL GUY!

DVC,

3Alpha

I tried one of Vanek's triggers on a Glock owned by a member of Team Blazer at a GSSF match. It was AWESOME.

i figured you would end up with one...everyone that tries my vanek trigger loves it. he's come up with a really nice glock trigger.

I tried one of Vanek's triggers on a Glock owned by a member of Team Blazer at a GSSF match.  It was AWESOME.

i figured you would end up with one...everyone that tries my vanek trigger loves it. he's come up with a really nice glock trigger.

Hey There Driver8M3!

I owe you one! It's been great so far... phenomenal triggers. Anyone that shoots a Glock should try one.

DVC,

3Alpha