Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Another 1 1/4 Trigger Job

ryucasta

Just received my new trigger job from Charlie Vanek a.k.a. Gunner5 on GlockTalk all I can is that it has exceeded all my expectations. The G35 that he worked originally had a Top Fuel trigger from Custom Glock I decided to try his trigger based on the write up that TeamSandCaptain had provided earlier. Charlie’s commitment to service was most impressive (Just like Matt's) he listens to the customer and he promised a quick turnaround and by golly he did it I sent him the gun on Tuesday and I received it today. If I was to compare the performance of these triggers to WW2 aircraft the Top Fuel Trigger would be a P51 Mustang which was an impressive aircraft (piston engine) but Vanek’s trigger would be an ME262 Swallow (jet propulsion) a day a night difference from a performance standpoint.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HighTech,

It's my understanding that he'll have a website up and running in the next few weeks. On side note this is the first Glock compettion trigger that I have had done that will fire small rifle primers.

Charlie Vanek's email address is gunner5@cox-internet.com (He has informed me by email that it's ok to post his email address). As far as the price for the trigger is concerned I was charged $175.00 which if you ask me is peanuts for what you’re getting.

It's in a G35 that I use for USPSA Limited competition. BTW, I'll be firing another 600 rounds through it today. As far as the spring is concerned I'm using an original Glock recoil spring with an extended tungsten guide rod. I have tried various spring combinations from Wolff and ISMI with this guide rod, but I have found that with my 40S&W major load it performs the best with this particular spring.

Chp5,

I normally use Federal #100 due to the competition triggers that I was using before. With this trigger as part of my test I used Federal Small Rifle (50 Rounds) and Remington 6 1/2 (50 Rounds) primers and so far no lite strikes the rest of the test was done with Federal #100 and that was due to the fact that I had quite a bit of 40 S&W already made with that particular primer.

I also plan on testing in the next few days at least 100 rounds of each of the major factory loads like Fiocchi, Winchester and Blazer to name a few just to see if they'll work since you'll never know when you might need some extra ammunition at a match. BTW, I have so much confidence in this trigger that I just sent another one of my Glock’s to have the Top Fuel trigger replaced with the gunner 5 trigger.

Bugs,

If you want specific details on how Charles Vanek a.k.a. gunner5 tunes the trigger I would suggest you contact him directly by email at gunner5@cox-internet.com. But in response to your initial question I haven’t seen any screws of any kind anywhere on the trigger bar.

Just received the second trigger job (G34) from Charlie Vanek and all I can say is that his trigger is no fluke. I'll be posting either later tonight or tomorrow the results of my testing.

Just finished testing the G34 that I recently received from Charlie Vanek at a local indoor range basically I put 500 rounds of 140 PF 9x19 using Federal Small Rifle primers and they all went off without a glitch. I'm planning on using it tomorrow for the Steel match at Norco.

Charlie Vanek aka Gunner 5 has the absolute best Glock trigger.

Today we had a Steel and GSSF match. Everyone’s first words when they dry fired the trigger were “WOW”. There was a Glock Armorer (from Glock) who was very impressed as well. He pulled the trigger said “wow” and then listened to Raul go into his sales pitch on the trigger. Charlie really needs to give Raul some business cards or something.

The Glock Armorer also tried a trigger job from Tom Novak and agreed that the Charlie Vanek trigger was better. His exact words were “This is the better trigger. Like a Glock trigger but super light, and really smooth. Wow, thank you.

I got to put some real trigger time in. Ran one of the steel stages with it. It does indeed reliably light small rifle primer. It’s so light it does take some getting use to. This called for running the stage a few times.

I’ve tried the big 3 triggers from CGR, Tom Novak, and now Charlie Vanek . I was skeptical when I heard how light it was, that it could light small rifle primer, and used stock Glock parts. It is a no brainer. Charlie’s trigger is the best. This is the trigger I’m going to spend my money on. Charlie if you’re reading this, I’m going to call you. This is going to be my birthday preset to myself. It's hard to imagine a Glock trigger can be this good.

Why are you guys using small rifle primers and not small pistol primers?

:wacko: I've heard of others doing this, just never asked why.

ryucasta, have you actually checked the trigger with a trigger gauge?

It shows 1 1/4#? That would be an awesome trigger to have. It is safe to say that Mr. Vanek is going to be real busy!

C Sims,

Yes I have checked both of the trigger jobs that C Vanek has done for me with a RCBS Trigger Pull Scale and they came in at 1 1/4#. The reason that I tested with small rifle primers was that with the other trigger jobs that I had purchased they wouldn’t ignite Winchester or Remington pistol primers they would only work reliably with Federal #100. By testing with rifle primers which by default are harder I was able to prove to myself that this trigger would be reliable under just about all conditions.

They're trying the small rifle primers because those are harder to set off and also because anyone with a 38super can possibly mix up they're Open primers with their "special Glock primers", as in, Federal Small Pistol.

I'm getting the Vanek Trigger too. Trying rifle primers gives us peace of mind. Like seeing what a girl's Mom looks like before you date her steady. ;)

dvc - eric - a28026

• 2 weeks later...

Carlos,

Turn around time has been within one week, and you have to send the gun. Should you need to contact Charles, here's his email gunner5@cox-internet.com

He received my G35 (late) last night, did the work, & sent it FedEx today. I'll get it tomorrow. Fast!

I'll let you know how it goes. Charlie asked me to see if McCormick's lube drops the pull any more. Prior to sending it, ChipLube was about 1/4 lb better than Slide Glide, but Slide Glide stays in place better.

dvc - eric - a28026

I'm not asking for any specifics, but is this trigger job simply a modification of existing stock parts, or a combination of stock and aftermarket parts? I'd love to try this trigger at the FGNs if there's going to be anyone there that has had this work done.