Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Another 1 1/4 Trigger Job

ryucasta

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

After reading about everyones experience with this trigger I finally got to handle one this weekend at a local match. Needless to say, my glock is making it's journey to get a replacement trigger. Impressed would be a definite understatement of how I felt about this trigger. I can hardly wait for the Fed Ex guy to appear on my door step. :)

Allen Webb-Instructor

Tactical Response LLC

Got the 35 in the mail yesterday. I got to take it to the range this afternoon. I can not believe the difference compared to the 3.5 connector that was in it. It was like night and day. Thanks again to Charlie.

Allen Webb-Instructor

Tactical Response LLC

• 4 weeks later...

fed-ex it directly to charlie...he will give you the address. once completed, he will return the gun to you via fed-ex. he can send it to your home, or as he did for me, have it held at a fed-ex office for pick-up. in that case, use the address of the fed-ex office with a "hold for pick-up" line added.

it must be signed for, so if you wont be home, have it held at a fed-ex office for pick-up.

• 1 month later...

Charlie was kind enough to answer my questions as follows:

"I talked to a FFL last night and most likely will be back in business in a couple of weeks, but I'm going to start with customers that have been waiting patiently for me and I have "several" lined up now."

I can't wait!

• 2 months later...

shoot it for a month and it just seems normal. then try a normal glock trigger again...

after i had my vanek trigger for a while, my frame rail broke in the middle (well actually on the 1st shot) of a match. another shooter was kind enough to let me shoot his glock, which had a regular trigger. you should have seen me standing there trying to pull the trigger the 1st time with the borrowed gun...MUCH heavier than charlie's.

Charlie,

Do you need the whole gun or just the frame? Also, what's your turn around about now. If I have it done, I want to make sure to have it back before Fl Open. Otherwise, I'll wait till after.

Send him the whol gun. Charlie told me 3 to 5 days. I shipped it out the evening of the 26th, Wednesday. I got it back the morning of the 1st, Tuesday. Six days including shipping both ways. Can't ask for much more.

I took an RO class last weekend in Springdale, AR and while there, I dropped off my G34 with Charlie. All I can say about his trigger jobs is that they are just incredible. Mine turned out being a 1.5# first shot pull and subsequent pulls are also 1.5#

I'd say that the pre-travel and reset are about the same as stock, but the pull is smooth, super-light and consistent the entire stroke, there is no hard break as the striker lets go.

Plus Charlie is the nicest guy you'll ever meet. We B.S'd for nearly a half-hour when I dropped it off and picked it up. Worth every cent.

Part of an email I sent to Kevin --

"turn-around is 24hrs MAX plus the time to ship FedEx, which I admit is expensive.

Just shot for the first time in 6 months & I'll tell you - with recoil and blast I can't trust myself to prep the trigger at all, not even touch the trigger. Slap all the way and reset till my fingernail hits the trigger guard. It's different. And extremely helpful for all-around "practical" accuracy. The surprise break is like COMPLETE surprise. Where in dryfire I can feel all the contact points, while shooting its just nothing between starting to move my finger and Bang."

PS - beware of trying to slowly reset the Vanek trigger [live ammo] because any little twitch or movement of the gun can lead to an unintentional follow-up shot