Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Another 1 1/4 Trigger Job

ryucasta

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got my G35 with Vanek trigger Friday (he got it Weds). Shot mini-match Fri nite, although I would have rather gone to the practice range 1st...

VERY VERY happy with the quality of the trigger. There is no take-up, the pull for mine is 1.5lb, and it is absolutely smooth & consistent thru the entire pull.

The safeties all work. There is "almost" no take-up - combined with the fact that changing the recoil spring weight has no effect, and I'd say that Charlie has found a way to take the recoil spring out of the equation.

About 10 guys handled my gun. Their reactions were ALL along the lines of Holy S**t!! or dropped jaws or just handing it back while shaking their head in disbelief.

One comment was: "That's not a Glock anymore. It's something else now"

What it is, is an iron-sited racegun with a sweet grip angle & really soft recoil. That's exactly what I was hoping for.

We had a VA-count stds stage with reload to strong-hand. String 2 is reload to weak hand. 32 rounds total. Did it about 5 or 6 points down. I'd say the trigger took 1.0 to 1.5 seconds off of EACH string. Compared to 2.6 lb trigger.

The time it takes to get a nice shot with one hand is just ridiculous now. Maybe even better than a 1911. Certainly more surprise break and less yanking the gun around. If there's a standards at the FGN, you must have this trigger or you're not in the game. MHO... ;)

dvc - eric - a28026

Got to play around with 3 of ryucasta's Glocks today... two Vanek's and one Novak.

The trigger on my 35 is decent... fairly crisp break at about 3 lbs with a short reset, all from drop-in parts.

The Vanek is friggin' awesome. The reset is like stock, but I think you could get a much better rhythm going with it. If you jerk the trigger on this thing, you've got a real problem... it takes almost nothing to break the shot. Smooth is fast, so this will definitely be THE trigger job for Glockers once the word gets out.

The Novak was pretty nice, too, but not nearly as memorable. Light, but that's about all I remember about it.

So, I guess I know which way I'll be going in the near future... gotta start saving those dimes.

300lbGorilla,

Feel free to refer to your trigger as the "Dump trigger" for future comparisions. :D I too will be purchasing a Vanek trigger once I pick-up my new toy ( sometime after the 24th). Lets keep it on the mums until after I get it done. I don't want to have to wait too long for a turn-a-round time. :)

This business is really starting to take off, thanks to all the great reviews I have received.

I will get the triggers out as fast as I can in the order I receive them.

I will be at the Area 4 Championship in Princeton, LA. June 6-8. If anyone wants a trigger job or check out my work.

Also, I'm going to try to make the Nationals in July.

Charlie

• 2 weeks later...

I also got Charlie to do a trigger job on my G35. The trigger is extremely smooth and light, with almost no stacking. Turn around is very fast and Charlie is a great guy to deal with - very professional.

I'm taking it to the range in the next couple of days and plan to shoot it in LTD in the ALA state match this weekend. I'll give an update after I shoot it.

I sent my G22 to Charlie for his trigger job. He received my gun on Tuesday morning, and by Wednesday morning I had it back. He had it less than 24 hours! All I can say is this is one of the best Glock triggers I've ever tried. Shot about a 100 rounds with it today without any problems. Excellent trigger, excellent service, excellent guy to deal with. If you haven't gotten your Vanek trigger yet, what are waiting for? Charlie get an A++ in my book.:)

• 4 weeks later...

my questions are a little odd i'm sure, but does the trigger saftey still work... drop saftey still work. i'm just a little affraid of a gun with a trigger that light with zero mechanical safety on it. 1911's have a thumb saftey that blocks the sear.

my glock is probabally under 3 pounds now (friend has trigger gauge) i'm an IDPA Master class shooter and a USPSA B class shooter... rarely shoot classifiers. light triggers are cool. but i've used the guns of some national champions. they usually aren't THAT light.... with the exception of todd jarrett.

anyone have any explanation of how the one pound difference ( from 2. what ever to 1.25) is going to decrease my times?

All safeties with the Vanek trigger are intact and working.

There is no quantifiable way to tell you how a lighter trigger will decrease your times. However, I can say that I can really burn up the close targets like I never could before. And, accuracy when burning them up has greatly improved. Tight, long shots are no longer a problem. Steel is no longer a problem. A lighter trigger gave me a lot more confidence and consistancy in shooting.

Also, my strong and weak hand only shooting greatly increased.

Charlies trigger helps me with weak hand only shooting, and precision long rang shots. I'm getting better hits with his trigger. Everyone raves about how light the trigger is, but trigger just feels better overall. It's not mushy like the stock trigger. Breaks realy smooth.

I met Charlie at a match a couple month's ago. I handed him my G17 and he worked his magic on the spot. The trigger is incredible and pulls at 1.5#'s. I don't reload 9mm so I buy CCI Blazers since I get them for $4 a box. The gun has digested every brand of ammunition I've put through it without incident. I put 1000 rounds of Blazer through it during a two day shooting school I attended 3 weeks ago and it never missed a lick. The trigger job was well worth the $175!!

Wes

• 3 weeks later...

I first heard about the trigger jobs that Charlie Vanek was doing via this forum and the GlockTalk forum.

People sounded so enthused about this a Glock trigger, I thought I might give it go.

At the Area 4 match in June this year he was showing samples of his work to a few folks.

I tried his sample pistols, and then a fellow competitor's pistol (Team Sand Captain)...

I'm sure that I can't describe the absolute look of amazement on my face as I dry-fired these pistols about 25 times. The triggers were sooooo smooth. No creep, just a smooth 1-1/4 to 1-1/2 pound pull...like cutting warm butter.

I gave him my G35 at the match, and in about 3 hours he had it back in my hands.

That was last month, and I held off posting until I could run a few hundred rounds through it.

To date, I've put about 1,000 AE 165gr fmj through this G35.

No hiccups of any kind - no light strikes, failure to reset, or any other issues.

I liked it so much that I asked him to do the same on my G34.

If you have a Glock that you shoot in IDPA or IPSC competitions, you owe it to yourself to see what a difference this guy's trigger work can make in your confidence and ability as a shooter.

P.S. DISCLAIMER -

I don't work with Charlie, and don't know him other that the couple of times I've seen him at a match, and when he's worked on my Glocks. But I do know that he does a great trigger job, is forthright, honest and fair in his dealings, and I would not hesitate to recommend his work to anyone.

• 2 weeks later...

I also heard about Vanek´s glock trigger job in this forum and he sent all the trigger package to South America. I´m very happy with the trigger pull(soft), trigger travel and trigger reset. It´s a smooth trigger release. In that sense, the Vanek´s trigger job can be considered the right trigger for competition.

Miche

Just got my G20, .40 S&W back from Charlie this morning, next day air Fedex. And oh my GOD!!!, I have felt good glock triggers before...and some of the safeties didn't work, but this beat them all, and all the safeties work. 1lb 6oz pull, INCREDIBLE!!! I can't highly recommend this enough. I was debating whether or not to dump the STI Heavy dust cover for next season and shoot the glock but now there is no question.

Thanks Charlie,

Doug

• 3 weeks later...

high

this is shootst from arkansas

i have been a army 45 shooter than switched to a sv 45 than a sv40 than a beretta 40 . this has taken me 5 years to run into charlis vanick . i was given a glock35 that he had done tricken out for limited shooting !!!!

i know own a glock 35 40 cal with a charlie trigger and polish job as well as his new sight conferagition.

i think i have died and gone to heaven !!!!!!i have been told by so many people in this area that i have never shot as well as i do now .

this is because of the gun and the work charlie has done on it !

i cant say enough about him and his work .

shootst

• 5 weeks later...