Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

The 610 is Back: 4" & 6.5"

Jerry V

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cheers:

I have not just paid too much but I have been looking at them hard. Not being a smart_ _ s just i got lucky and have not bought one yet.

A 5" would be great but a 6 1/2 can be cut down.

Now when will they hit the market?

Waiting waiting waiting.

Edited by vrmn1

I bought a 5" 610 a few months ago, just to see what all the ruckus is about, and I still can't figure out anything it does from a competition standpoint that a .45 ACP revolver doesn't do better.

I guess it might make sense for the shooter crossing over from Limited who already has a bunch of .40 ammo, components, reloading equipment, etc. Otherwise, I don't really get it.

I bought a 5" 610 a few months ago, just to see what all the ruckus is about, and I still can't figure out anything it does from a competition standpoint that a .45 ACP revolver doesn't do better.

I guess it might make sense for the shooter crossing over from Limited who already has a bunch of .40 ammo, components, reloading equipment, etc. Otherwise, I don't really get it.

I agree with Mike.........there isn't much better than a safe full of 625's and 627's.

I agree with Mike.........there isn't much better than a safe full of 625's and 627's.

Different strokes for different folks I'd have to say, dare I say there's more out there than 45ACP B)

(ooh !! wonder what kinda replies that will bring...)

No, you get it. It is the caliber issue. just like the guys who shot 40 in production cause they already shoot 40 in Ltd. 9 is cheaper, perhaps a better caliber for Production but not for the occasional shooter that already has his 650 set up for 40.

Hooray for S&W! It seems they listened :)

Different strokes for different folks I'd have to say, dare I say there's more out there than 45ACP B)

And you call yourself an Americam............ :goof:

The one thing I find that the 610 does better than the 625 is that if you already own 40 cal firearms, you do not need to re-tool and buy bullets for another caliber. Not to mention that 45 bullets tend to weigh more and subsequently cost more. I'm going to be talking to my bud and seeing if I can get another 610.. woo hoo! This also means I can keep my 657 as a 41 mag :) :) :) :)

And you call yourself an Americam............ :goof:

And a Red Blooded one at that :D

(course that blood's a little thin from all that Crown Royal :cheers: )

The biggest problem I see with a 40 for revolver is finding decent bullets. There are not really any good round nose bullets that lend themselves well to the fastest reloads.

Please dont reply with you can do a reload with the truncated cones just as fast because I aint buying.

I'd also like to see it in an L frame.

I'd also like to see it in an L frame.

Glad I'm not the only one. Should have been a short cylindered L frame. But then I think they missed the mark on the SSR also. Should have been a short cylindered .38 spec +P K frame. Maybe I expect too much.