Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Reloading Benches

Jerome Poiret

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a large, hard plastic floor mat on the way. The kind you see under office chairs across America.

That will make primers and powder easier to clean up. But honestly I never had a problem in my old apartment which had carpet and I loaded thousands of rounds there.

Jonathan

I have a large, hard plastic floor mat on the way.  The kind you see under office chairs across America. 

That will make primers and powder easier to clean up.  But honestly I never had a problem in my old apartment which had carpet and I loaded thousands of rounds there.

Jonathan

Those get staticky when placed on carpet, so be careful. I know this because I have one underneath me right now. In the winter, I touch my leg to the leg of the computer desk before touching my computer... the blue spark's kinda cool, but not on the laptop.

• 2 weeks later...

Many thanks to the Sig Lady for help in posting my pictures, I still live in the world of 35mm.

My room was finished just two weeks ago and I made all the cabinetry from scratch using rough cut kiln dried ash. It's the last renovation on my 107 year old house and took about 6 months to complete as I started from gutted.

It's amazing how much better the 550B works when solidly mounted. I machined an ash base to elevate it to the right height to use standing up which is the only way to load. :D

I used to have two good friends before they helped me move the safe up to the room.

Started a reloading room for a member of our club yesterday so it may be a living as well.

Tom

You guys make me a little jealous! Here's mine. Walk in the front door of the house and this is the first thing you see on the right side wall. There's no room in the garage and it was really the only place to put it. Good think my wife likes it!

reloadingarea.jpg

Joel

Zen:

Sorry to mention this but, aside from the carpet which you've already been picked on about, that TV could be a major no-no. TVs have the amazing ability to completely suck up you attention. Loss of attention is a great way to create a problem when you reaload. I realize you can always turn it off, so make sure that you do.

I don't even have a radio or a phone in my room. The silence and isolation make it much easier to focus on the reloading. Also tends to make it faster - sort of a get in and get out mentality.

Geek

Doggorloader,

That has to be the nicest reloading area I have seen. I would be afraid to clean my guns in that room, for fear or spilling some solvent. Nice work, and if you start a business doing just reloading rooms let this former cabinet maker know. ;)

• 3 weeks later...

jonesbench.jpg

This is an older picture of my bench before I moved all my stuff into another room. I will get more pics of my new room and try to get them posted. I have another bench that has my 650 on that I ordered from Brian. By the way, thanks Brian for all the help with my order, and thank you shooter grrl for the help with the posting of the picture.