Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Reloading Benches

Jerome Poiret

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Ok, among the new year's resolutions I put the one to post a couple of shots of my reloading area.

Small room in the basement: about 1.5 m x 2.5 m. It serves as reloading area and Laboratory for my homeworks (I wish I'd be able to build something like Ron's double closet).

3-1-1.jpg

3-2-2.jpg

Of course, in my new year's resolutions I didn't even slightly think to put the one saying"Clean your loading area!" :P

What's a Dillon?

bench.JPG

IF you build a bench from a countertop that matches your press, your accessories, your curtains and placemats, you too can convince your girlfriend it's a great thing to reload in the "dining" room. Solves the problem of figuring out what to do with a China cabinet when you don't have any China......

bench2.JPG

Don't sweat it. We don't eat here. Just got tight on space when we consolidated our apartments.

It'd be nice if everyone would just let us reload wherever we pleased...!

Ain’t that the truth? Where would I like to reload? Why in one of the extra cabins of my 110-foot yacht while at anchor at Barbados!

Now where DID I put those lottery tickets…?

Ed

Well, the poster (I hand-made and wrote it from a blank sheet) dates back to 1990, when I was attending university.

The college where I lived had a nice feature: we all were active university students (if this poor translation means something to any of you, for the rest we were all goliardic students); this means we were all busy with students' rags and so on; we had a pyramidal organization like the roman church (with pope, cardinals, bishops, costumes and so on) based principally on university seniority.

I worked my way up to the top of the pyramid, and the poster was my announcement that the previous pope had left (I was at that time the vicar cardinal) and that a conclave was summoned to elect his successor. At the end of the conclave I was the new pope for that year.

Since in goliardy there are only three gods (bacco -meaning spirit- tobacco and venus) everybody puts them in his preferred order and quantity when creating such a poster.

I don't smoke, and between bacco and venus my preference was ... well you can see it! ;)

Nope - I'm not single, my partner has her darkroom in the next room and this is my room :-).

The 1050 is actually mounted on a "power tool stand" that is pretty solid. I decided to do that since it gives me stability with portablity. I can look out the window and screen it off when not in use since the room is primarily an Aikido dojo :P. It's also the perfect height for use with the kneeling stool so it works well. I could have bolted it to the counter top or the desk but this seemed more flexible.

Works pretty well so far.

Kevin

You beat me to it, 300lb!! Best use of fridge alcove I've EVER seen!!! Great fit! I'm jealous. :D

Gee, even a retro-hippie, ergonomic knee-rest seating unit. Hmm... I used to have two of those. Comfy. Until I later broke a kneecap (not using the chair, mind you) and they were no longer comfortable.