Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Reloading Benches

Jerome Poiret

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Say goodbye to this current reloading room. I am moving so it has to come down. Unfortunately I am going to be renting for a year so my next one might be ridiculously small. Once I buy another house then the new one will definatley be crazy big. I'm think of switching out one 650 for a pair of 1050's. :D Now that the woman is shooting I need to have a dedicated press for her stuff. That and I always need a spare. :rolleyes:

New_bench2.jpg

I finally got my camera figured out so here is my room. It's really messy but the mess doesn't show up in the photos. :D

That's a 550B and a feeder hooked to a casepro. Gun bags on the floor, not on the shelving unit where they are supposed to be. Boxes of shotgun slugs and shot.

post-5240-1114197571_thumb.jpg

post-5240-1114197585_thumb.jpg

my room is on the first page of this thread. i like to reload standing up. however, my 650 is 6-8 inches too short even with a strong mount. i have my press on a desk height bench.

what would be the best way to elevate my press 6-8 inches and still have it secured to the bench top?

thanks in advance.

finally got around to taking pictures.

336951624TEOyIR_th.jpg

know as Man's World at my house. It is the only part of the house that is mine and yes it is the garage.

Better shot of 550

336952658AxijPB_ph.jpg

my goal is to someday get that bucket of brass loaded (then when that is done I have another two ammo cans I can start on)

HKSniperman says "A 550 with a bunch of toolheads and a Rockchucker."

What a great set up.

Jake Martens from Indy, are you shooting IPSC/USPSA? Send me a PM.

Tom Bergman

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

OK... It's taken a while, but I am finally getting my reloading station and shooting shop setup going. Here's a pic of the bench I just built... It's straight from the NRMA plans, with some alterations for strength improvements, and I had to custom make the sliding door tracks from aluminum channel.

If you look closely, you can see that I added leveling adjusters to the bottoms of the legs. This also keeps the wood off the floor in case of water, et al...

I've still got to wire the bench for power outlets and add locks to the doors.

bench_800x600.jpg

Yes, it always looks like that unless I'm actually loading (except for putting the cover back on the 550B) ;)

I'm building another bench to go out in the middle of the floor for "other" projects, so I can get all the way around it, jig things up, et al. On order:

1) Tall adjustable stool so I can sit while reloading (if I get tired of standing)

2) Refrigerator w/ lock for storing powder, primer, and other heat sensitive items.

I've got other additions planned, and will add them as they are completed.

Not in this pic are my tools to the right, and my dry air supply to the left.

• 2 weeks later...

My first post and all I can say is WOW!!! There are some awesome setups here and then there are some that mine will probably end up looking like :blink:

I have space cleared out in a room and am awaiting my very first reloader.... A dillon 550B!!!!!

Thanks for sharing, You all gave me some good ideas for my bench.... Well after seeing some of these areas... I may even just put the computer in the living room and change the computer room over to a Gun/loading room. Or maybe I can SQUEEZE it in... The room is 13 X 14 Will add pictures as I go along.

Here's part my reloading room - or as the wife calls it "The Lab".

For progressive loading I have a 1050 in 45acp + 40 S&W, a 650 w/ heads for 38super, 9mm and 223, a 550 with heads for 40S&W, 38spl, 38 short colt and Star Progressive for 38spl wadcutters.

For single loading I have a Redding Turret, Redding Ultra Mag and a RCBS RockChucker.

The bench was made from recycled jobsite materials and cabinets..

reloadingroom5yf.jpg