Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

DOUBLE TAP CHAMPIONSHIP

As usual DTC was…different. If only I had followed Master Jamie’s advice to “respect the targets”. On the positive side, I did not fall down (not an uncommon occurrence) and got all my hits in the cave (I don’t do low light well).

Many thanks to Robert and all the RO’s and other unsung hero’s that put up this event. :cheers: We will be back.

I start the count up for consecutive stages without a miss or a procedural today at…1.

David C

• Replies 543
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HA!!! Squad 21 rocked!! Think we taped targets almost as fast as James (Crouching Tiger/Hidden Dragon) Ong shoots. By my count, as a squad I think we took home 6 trophies...? Craig, Carina, Scott, James, Roy, me. Think thats all of 'em, sorry if I missed someone.

Oh, yeah, that was me that popped Don with the roll. I was also part of the forward observing team for the tactical onion launcher, providing valuable aiming cues and the final "you are clear to fire" information. :rolleyes: The green beans, too. And about 4938 peanuts...

Jim, you were just in the wrong place at the wrong time. The butter was meant for stingerjg. I was getting out of the booth to make my way over there and you just walked up and stuck out your hand. Bet you'll think twice about doing that again, huh? Did like the AR though.

We will be back next year. :cheers:

Thank you match staff, RO's, suport crew, scoring team, set-up and tear-down crew. You put on a helluva match.

Giggle :lol:

No sweat Ken...I know about colateral damage....after being hit with a weapon of mass destruction..(bloomin onion core)

Intell marked Shred as the likely suspect..and he took two hits (one to the forehead) with hot dinner rolls :rolleyes:

Later spys informed us it was Polo launching the onions and green beans...all the while The Knightoflight was sniping with dinner roll particles fired from a MOR..(straw) Everyone took hits from small arms fire..(peanuts)

The battlefield carnage was impressive...a true animal house momment :surprise:

Icedragon returns home as a changed man :blink:

The restraunt crew may still be cleanin up and wondering how so many people had the same birthday :rolleyes:

All in all I cant remember laughing so much in years...what a great fun loving bunch of folks :cheers:

I guess there is a little kid left in all of us :)

Butterfinger

as Steve J Posted the Results are Up on the Double Tap Ranch Web Page.

Made a Bee line to the ISP this morning the (@%$&*%'s) Changed the IP address over the Weekend and did not send an e-mail out or Nothing. I was not Happy, going to hear from me.

THanks for all the Great comments! thats what makes it worth taking a bunch of our time to host the match.

Once again I like to Thank Steve Menzik for SOOOOO much Help and Making the KICK ASS HOA wood trophies. I get to see them just before everyone else.

Also thanks Jim CHambers, David Langille, Robert Kelly, Fred Thorp and Bob Madera for Helping Set up the Match.

Espically All the RO Staff and my Daughter Sandra Nulty for Doing a Great job Scoring the Match. She entered all of Fridays Score Friday Night and Had them Ready for me the Next Morning Thats close to 1200 Score Sheets and for Also Putting up with me when the new Computer I bought for the Match Would not talk to the printer ( had a Small Melt down at that point)

Want to thank all the ladies in Texas lil's Consession area for such great match food and service.

Once Again Thanks and we will see you all Next year!

Edited by scorch

:cheers: I think my favorite thing is the Hospitality on every stage. Every one puts out the welcome mat and makes you sad to say goodbye on every stage.....even the stages that made me :blush:

Alamo

Thread drift :o

:P How did the SOB-s do against the SS guys ? :P

Edited by AlamoShooter

Notes from a newbie shooter at Double Tap 2008. This was my first big match away from my home club, the Bullethole Range in San Antonio Texas. I was a little nervous the first stage, walking the plank, but felt at home for the other 11 stages. I took a few notes for next year.....

1. Avoid sitting behind Carina at dinner. I took many hits intended for her......

2. Grab 40 # dummy with a firm grip and pull. I finally got it out of the chair on my third try.

3. Shoot a little faster. I got good hits, but was a little slow.

4. Get in better shape for next year and keep dry firing.

Great match, great people. Even newbie shooters like me can have a good time at a major match. I am looking forward to next year. I would like to thank squad #21 who took me under their wings and helped me out. I will always remember the friendships made here.

Thanks to Robert Porter, the RO's, and the set up and clean up people. Great event.

Jerry Snyder

Edited by 1911jerry

I thought the cave was too cool. Really fun match, great way to start the year. Everyone, we're working on the pictures with editing and stuff. As near as I can figure, Michelle shot around 5,000 pictures. We'll get them up as soon as we can. Odie

Mick,

He finally got old enough to go by himself but Brad's Mom was home looking after Brad's Dad. I couldn't make this match but I knew that with you around he would be in good hands.

Thanks

Larry Burchfield

He's turned out very well especially right after the timer sounds!!!!

I've been to all 4 DTCs, and I agree this was the best one yet. This is also the first time I have RO'd a major match (stage 6, the big ones go "BONG"), and it was a hoot! I really enjoyed meeting all the shooters, something I don't get to do as a regular competitor. I now have a new appreciation for all the work that goes into a match this size - Robert, Steve and everyone else worked their butts off to make this happen, and I will certainly remember to thank the staff at matches I go to in the future. The shooters were great, the weather was typical Texas schizophrenic, and I'm sick as a dog today but I will do it all over again next year! :cheers:

I thought the cave was too cool. Really fun match, great way to start the year. Everyone, we're working on the pictures with editing and stuff. As near as I can figure, Michelle shot around 5,000 pictures. We'll get them up as soon as we can. Odie

Well, heaven knows she could sure use some of your help instead of just having you play around on the computer while she's slaving away for you!! :goof:

My thanks to all who worked so hard to make this match happen!!!!

It was so obvious how much effort went into it!

The theme was just too cool...and the trophy for HOA was awsome.

Thanks so much for a very great time :cheers:

We cant wait to do it again!

Jim

Weather was Texas schizophrenic! that is the best discripition i have heard yet! we had all the season this weekend

Not quite all the seasons, but as you can see, I think I got them - The last 100 miles home were a little slow. It got worse, but I was a little busier driving then.

This is the second time I've shot the match, and can not say enough THANKS for all the work by everyone. With the number of shooters, all the great stages, what an awesome match.

I hope everyone involved is proud of a job WELL DONE.

Sherwyn Greenfield

I'd rather clean red dirt out of my mags than snow anytime :rolleyes:

post-4241-1206995300.jpg

The link should work fine with internet explorer...for some reason firefox displays html code.

I can't get the main link to the '08 scores on the DTC website to work for me. I keep getting HTML code.

Anybody have a link to the combined overall scores for all divisions?

Thanks,

Chris

What a great match! Robert and his crew really put on a great shooting experience this year. My hat is off to all those who worked the match this year and especially to all the RO's. You guys really did a wonderful job.

stayed an extra night..and just got home..

lots of time to reflect on the weekend..

what a great match to start the year off..super ROs, great competitors and comrades...you are so great..

Robert.. :bow::bow::bow::bow: another fantastic Double Tap..thank you..and thank you to your crew..they are all great people..