Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

DOUBLE TAP CHAMPIONSHIP

The blooming onion center was one of the best pieces of blind unsighted indirect-fire involving a vegetable and fork I've seen in a looong time.

It's a good thing the rolls were soft.. I got whapped by one just above my right eye.

One of the best BE get-togethers, ever

I heard the roll was in retaliation for an onion attack by Shred.

Shred was just the forward observer....Polo fired the shot....sittin there all innocent like :closedeyes:

Poor Shred just had a guilty look on his face :lol: ..and was savaged by a dinner roll :blink:

My ribs are still sore from laughing :D

Jim

• Replies 543
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The blooming onion center was one of the best pieces of blind unsighted indirect-fire involving a vegetable and fork I've seen in a looong time.

It's a good thing the rolls were soft.. I got whapped by one just above my right eye.

One of the best BE get-togethers, ever

I heard the roll was in retaliation for an onion attack by Shred.

Shred was just the forward observer....Polo fired the shot....sittin there all innocent like :closedeyes:

Poor Shred just had a guilty look on his face :lol: ..and was savaged by a dinner roll :blink:

My ribs are still sore from laughing :D

Jim

Something is terribly wrong when ... :unsure: I am the one that looks mature :blink:

This was my first DTC and it was a really FUN match. Even though the weather didn't cooperate on Friday (my shoot day) I had a really good time.

I will make next years match as well. I would just like to varify that the "normal" weekend is the 3rd weekend in March, not the 4th weekend as it was this year.

Thanks to Robert and all of his help for putting on an outstanding match!!

The Match Weekend will move from the 4th to the 3rd weekend some years because of Easter moving around. but will be scheduled for4th weekend when easter does not fall on that date. Next Years Match will be MARCH 27-28-29, 2009 no theme as of yet. I wish I could have made the roadhouse BE dinner sounds like it was a blast.

Edited by scorch

Already Making Changes for Next Years Match.... We are going to get all the prize table stuff in Triplicate and Have a Prize table after the Friday part of the match for those Shooting on Friday. This will make it fair for those shooting friday and Your Buddies won't have to hassle with the pink pick up sheets ( Saw one guy with abouot 15 sheets) Buying in Triplicate will make sure the prize table is equal for all (100 shooter Friday and 200 on Sat/Sun) and Having a prize table on Friday will make the Sunday Prize table move faster getting us off range earlier. (Less Prizes to distribute on Sunday) But you must be present to win any thing off the prize table. We will still have the awards on Sunday and Will ship any throphies/awards (Not Prizes) to you if you shot on Friday.

Already Making Changes for Next Years Match.... We are going to get all the prize table stuff in Triplicate and Have a Prize table after the Friday part of the match for those Shooting on Friday. This will make it fair for those shooting friday and Your Buddies won't have to hassle with the pink pick up sheets ( Saw one guy with abouot 15 sheets) Buying in Triplicate will make sure the prize table is equal for all (100 shooter Friday and 200 on Sat/Sun) and Having a prize table on Friday will make the Sunday Prize table move faster getting us off range earlier. (Less Prizes to distribute on Sunday) But you must be present to win any thing off the prize table. We will still have the awards on Sunday and Will ship any throphies/awards (Not Prizes) to you if you shot on Friday.

Great idea...however some folks may walk away with a prize and a overall finish prize. Considering there were 5 people that I know of who shot Friday and ended up in the top 3 of 3 divisions. Just something to consider!

I already have the DTC on the calendar for 2009. Just wonder when Scorch is going to make the trip to the Summer Blast. :surprise:

we have thought of that and are still figuring on what to do about that. The top guys are very gracious about what they win. To most of them its more about the match and the finish, then the prize.

It's pretty easy to separate 90% of the Friday shooters into the 'not-possible-to-place-in-division' group (anybody not in the top 3) if you can get the stats run quickly. The guys (and gals) with a shot remaining could 'tag' something with the understanding it would be shipped to them (or a buddy could grab it) if they didn't end up placing in their division. It would very slightly hose the Friday shooters since there's a chance a tagged prize would become available Sunday, but I'm sure Robert can tweak for that.

Another useful thing would be a pre-printed prize-table list posted out where people can see it. Saves a lot of pestering the person drawing and name-calling by the match staff that would rather be smoking ceegars ;) It ought to be possible to do the random drawing in the computer too. I can think of a couple ways in Excel that would work.

It ought to be possible to do the random drawing in the computer too. I can think of a couple ways in Excel that would work.

That would really speed things up. A computerized list of winners and their prizes posted as soon as the last shooter is done shooting would have the whole prize distribution finished in a half hour. And the shooters that do not have their name on the list can start the long trek home a little sooner.

Bill

• 2 weeks later...

Shred Send me a E-mail on How to do the Excel Random thing. Flat lander Won't be able to post prize info since you have a choice of EVERTHING left on the table when your name is called ( this way you may get something you need or want rather than something you don't)

Hey Scorch, whatever you do I am OK with it as it is the match itself is why I attend, thinking of shooting it next year with a revolver.....yea call me crazy!!!!!!

Suggestions about the prizes and would save you shipping and time on Sunday. Area 8 does a random drawing prior to the start of the match. Some folks walk away with a gun and some may get a bottle of gun oil. Nice thing is you never know what you are going to get, they do a double blind draw. Items in one hat, names in another draw one out of each and pair them up.

You then still could award your standard 1, 2, 3 finish items. Just a thought, can I request you do spend a little more of my match fee on heat next year, us sourthen yankees (I am almost in northern territory....I know I am trying to move farther south) we leave the cold to come somewhere warm and we get there and it is colder than where we left. :rolleyes:

Keep up the great work, see you next year!

Yes Friday Was a bit cool but the weather was 90 the day before and 77 the day after. we don't do the double blind because i don';t need a Barrel for a Berreta. The way we do it folks have a choice of any thing left on the table when there name is called so you get what you want and might need.

Edited by scorch