Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Nonstandard Range commands

RPMartin

Hi all,

Just thought I'd put some of these down before senility erases them from my memory. yes I have heard these used, years ago....

LAMR= Feed that puppy up and get 'er ready to bark.

Are you ready= Get ready

Standby= hold tight

Start signal= Go Get 'em

Stop= What the H___ are you thinking of?!?!

If you are finished unload and show clear= if the coon is dead, dump yer ammo

If clear, hammer down, holster= is it empty? put it in the pouch and call it done!

Range is clear= we done playin' now.

There are more, but I want to hear some of the nonstandard commands you have heard.

RPM

LAMR = Stoke that Smoke Pole Son, Stoke 'em; Load and get jiggy with it; Load and prepare to pop a cap in their a$$; Uh...go ahead and load...I think...is that right?

Stop = Whoa dammit! <stream of profanity> Whoa!! <more profanity>

USC = Dump 'em and shuck 'em; safe that weapon;

Hammer down, holster = Stow that hogleg

And my personal "favorite" that I am real glad wasn't strictly complied with: "Holster, hammer down, unload and show clear" :wacko::(

Now that you have taken 30 min of my life that I can never get back please end this now.

Since you dont have any ammo left hammer down and holster.

If your sure you dont want to shoot the backstop some more unload and show clear.

And my fav.

Now that you have scared the targets, other shooter and several small Countries with your shooting prowess please do everyone a favor by unloading and showing clear.

Bill almost got it right

"Stoke It, Stroke It, FLICK It, Stick It"

Feel free to Fondle

The always popular addition to ULSC is "Slide Forward" We just love to Watch George Jones Shuffle slowy forward at this command. (As opposed to how he normally moves through the COF, i.e., more rapidly shuffling.)

I do like Stoke'em Up Cowboy as well.

and Stop, usually sounds more like "SSSSSSTTTTTTOOOOOOOOOOPPPPPPPPPPP! followed by a string of profanity and thanks for not putting any holes in me.

As for safety briefings

Don't shoot me Don't shoot my truck, Don't shoot anyone else on the squad and Don't shoot yourself.

Jim

Now that you have taken 30 min of my life that I can never get back please end this now.

Since you dont have any ammo left hammer down and holster.

If your sure you dont want to shoot the backstop some more unload and show clear.

And my fav.

Now that you have scared the targets, other shooter and several small Countries with your shooting prowess please do everyone a favor by unloading and showing clear.

These remind me of my early days.

• 3 weeks later...

I love it when the RO asks......"Do you have any questions???"

Talk about non-standard range commands.

On the bad side......I've seen shooters from other country's load and make ready at that point, to which a really good RO quickly says "Load and make ready".....on the funny side, I tend to ask some REALLY personal questions.

Tim

For LAMR: Gas it up and get ready to drive it like you stole it

I've also heard my share of "Poke it and Stroke it Baby." Seems no one can resist saying that to a lady shooter...go figure! :goof:

At natl's when the RO's would ask if I had any questions, I'd regularly ask, "What's the capitol of Montana?" or "How long should I cook a 12lb turkey?"