Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

How do you keep your mags and the guns they go with together?

I tried the search function, honest I did.

The closest thing I have found is this mini range bag from Bagmasters in St. Louis:

bagmasterminirangebag.jpg

http://www.bagmaster.com/?gclid=CPS2jar7940CFREDWAod2Qv4LQ

It will hold two guns and 8 mags.

I just want to be able to grab a pistol pouch and its corresponding mags throw it in a larger range bag and GO! It always seems like I am running late for a match, so it would be nice to have everything together.

I'll have to email them and ask if they have other colors besides red. At 50 bucks a pop though, they ain't cheap.

You all got any other suggestions (besides tupperware tubs to put the mags in)?

Muchio grassio!

I throw all my open mags in a clear zip-lock bag ....because the 170mm mags dont fit nicely in anything else (and shooting open means I only need 4 or 5 mags at the most.

I do keep my Limited mags in a really nice I-Shot Mag Storage Pouch that I got at last years AREA 8 match.

pix-products-mp6.jpg

Edit to add: your gun can be kept in anything suitable for gun carry. (zippered gun rug, plastic hard case, etc.) I like the plastic hard case because it keeps the sights from getting banged up.

Edited by CHRIS KEEN

I-Shot also has a nice gun pouch with 7 pockets for mags. I have that and also use the I-Shot mag pouches which holds 6 mags. Grab a gun, grab a pouch and go.

Also have an I-Shot 2 gun/10 mag bag I also like. I use this most of the time for my range bag - don't need anything else (everything I need fits in it.

Edited by racerba

I have one of the bagmaster things. I like being able to put my main gun and the back-up along with 8 mags in one bag. I just grab it and go. I'm going to do the same for my limited stuff also.

The two guns I shoot the most are my Open gun and my Limited Gun.

Both are built on S_I frames so they use the same holster / belt / mag holders.

All other gear is compatible so all I have to do is swap out the gun and go.

I keep Magazines for both guns in the range bag.

The magazines look alike so I use Grams base pads on the 38 super mags and Dawson base pads on the 40.

That way I can easily tell them apart.

I also shoot lim10 with a 45 STI Edge.

I keep a set of mags for it in an I-Shot nylon pouch that holds 6 mags.

When I throw that gun in the bag, I toss the mag pouch in with it.

For my Production gun and my 1911, each has it's own range bag complete with gun specific belt/holster/mags/pouches.

Tony

Edited by 38superman

I've got a stack of the i-Shot pouches, filled with six mags each. Grab the gun(s), grab the appropriate pouch/pouches and go. Six mags tends to be enough for almost everything, my range bag always contains another 4-6 Glock 10 round 9mm mags, since that's what I shoot more than anything else......

If I'm shooting Production/SSP I have 8 glock mags in my I-Shot bag, L10/Esp my CZ mags are in an I-Shot mag pouch, CDP/SSP Springer mags in another I-Shot mag pouch.

Bruce

Edited by bruce282

I picked up 4 of the Midway bags when they were on sale so every gun and belt has its own little baggy except the revo and S&W sent me a free bag for it. These augment the 2 CE bags I bought when I started that are now reserved for the Glocks. Things like glasses & muffs & spare parts go in a tool box because they are needed with which ever gun I take out that day. I usually throw the ammo of the day into an orange 4shooters.com bag so I can throw it over my shoulder as I grab the gun bag of the day.

I-Shot also has a nice gun pouch with 7 pockets for mags. I have that and also use the I-Shot mag pouches which holds 6 mags. Grab a gun, grab a pouch and go.

My I-shot bags hold one gun, seven mags and the two zipper compartments each hold Dillon/MTM 100 round plastic ammo boxes. Red bag for Open and Green bag for Limited. Grab a bag and you have the gun, seven mags and 200 rounds of ammo.

Edit to correct typo.

Edited by CenTX

I bought a Ryobi nylon and hard plastic tool bag from Home Depot that I use for a range bag. Has compartments that I keep ALL the mags for guns I shoot in it so all I have to do on match day is put the guns in the bags I keep in the Ryobi from the safe, and whatever ammo I'm going to be using that day.

I use high tech, very low cost ziplock bags. They keep mags clean and rust free(open not closed)

I think I have 4 or 5 of those mag pouches that I have won over time I feel they are too bulky and kind look man purse like. :lol:

I bought a Ryobi nylon and hard plastic tool bag from Home Depot that I use for a range bag. Has compartments that I keep ALL the mags for guns I shoot in it so all I have to do on match day is put the guns in the bags I keep in the Ryobi from the safe, and whatever ammo I'm going to be using that day.

I couldn't do that.

I would get confused and show up at the range with a drill, 4 mags and a 1/4" bit.

Tls

In my safe I have the pistol lying on top of an I-Shot mag pouch. Mags and pistol can then be scooped up and put into my range bag. Yes it takes up a lot of shefl space, but I never have to worry about grabing the wrong mags, or woundering where they are.

Bagmaster nakes a stage bag that I like. Open top, holds gun, magazines, and couple boxes of ammo. Its a litle different that the one you have pictured. They are normally sold with thier range bag, but can be purchased seperatly.

BNorth wrote:

I wish I had enough guns and mags for this to be a problem.

I come from the "one gun is none, and two guns is one" school of thought.

Always have a plan B, always have a backup.

All the more power to ya if the guns are the same models and parts and mags are interchangeable between the two.

(thread drift on)

I was just perusing the Dillon Reloading Equipment subforum and there were some things said there that made sense. If you're gonna have two Dillon's eventually, buy the same model. That way parts, tool heads etc are interchangleable. One dedicated to small primers and one dedicated to large primers would be really nice too.

(drift off)

Edited by Chills1994

My primary has 4 black magazines, and my backup has 4 chromed mags. If I drop down to the third position on the depth chart, it is a SS .45, and sticks out like a sore thumb. I guess all those hours watching Sesame Street when I was a young 'un paid off, as I can match by color and size.