Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

The Bourne Ultimatum

Just finished watching it. It's a very fun movie, great story, great suspense. Once again, the normal Hollywood crap where the right wing of government is made out to be the bad guy. But, that is very easy to overlook.

If you are a fan of this series, you won't be disappointed.

Last scene, did anyone catch the gun mess up? :goof:

Just finished watching it. It's a very fun movie, great story, great suspense. Once again, the normal Hollywood crap where the right wing of government is made out to be the bad guy. But, that is very easy to overlook.

If you are a fan of this series, you won't be disappointed.

Last scene, did anyone catch the gun mess up? :goof:

I thought I was the only one to notice that

Total disappointment. Paul Greengrass uses a "manic", shacking handheld camera for the entire film. It's used here to REPLACE the action and suspense we're used to in this fine series. This is a disjointed mess. An uninspired effort. Greengrass hopes that bad film can be camouflaged with...bad photography. Save your money.

Jim

My wife and I went to see it last night; I thought it was a good movie, maybe not as good as the first two but worth the price of admission IMO. I missed the gun mistake at the end as well. The one thing is I wish they would have ties up a few more lose ends in the story; I never read the books (probably should) so maybe they tie things up a little neater.

Just watched it the movie and it was worth watchin' the prop mess up was noticable. What annoyed me more was the obvious deveation in the cameras pan toward Jason's "Sig Pro" in his waistband earlier in the movie. There are tastful product shots and there are tastless product shots, that was tastless.

Not mention half way through film the movie turned off and the lights came on for a couple miniutes and the same thing happened at the end, we didn't even get to see the credits. I'll be writting Regal Entertainment Group about that one.

Yep, the start of the scene, he's holding a Glock. Later on, its a Sig.

It's the rear sights that gave it away for me.

There were two mistakes.

1 - was the Start with a Glock end with a Sig issue that vrod mentioned

2 - in the same scene he did in fact cock a striker fired pistol before he pointed said glock in the face of the bad guy

The wife has read the books and was eagerly waiting for this film. Her response...

"I don't know what script they used but this was nothing like the book." Then over dinner she went over the movie vs. book differences. Way more than I can relate here.

I give it 3 out of 5 stars. Not an Oscar winner. Not even close to the book. But I did enjoy it.

I've only read the Bourne Ultamatum book and not the other ones, when I saw the preview, I went WTF. In the book, Marie is still alive, and David Webb is in his 50's.

I was talking to my mom who has read all 3 of the books and according to her the movies have little to do with the books besides the character's names.

Well, this is one case where the books have "gun glitches" too. In one of them, Bourne "proves" he wasn't the one who shot an innocent person because he was shooting a Glock 21, and as everyone knows the "effective range" of a Glock 21 is only 25 meters. The person who was killed was almost 50 meters from him so there's no way he could have killed her.

I kept thinking of my buddy who used to win dinners by betting the other guys at the range that he could hit an 18" gong at 100 meters off hand. He was always good for about 7 out of 10 and I could do 2-3 out of 10 as a C shooter. I guess Bourne must be new to D class?

I recently saw the movie and thought it was a decent action flick but not quite as good as the first two.

It seemed to be an endless chase scene as Bourne out manuevers the security services in major cities around the world.

Lots of action and not much of a story.

Worth the price of admission but nothing special.

There were mistakes on the firearms end of things but I quit thinking about that long ago.

Hollywood never gets it quite right.

Tls

Guys,

There was no gun mistake in the end of the movie. He was having flash backs to his indoctrination into the program. During the flashbacks, he was holding a SIG. During real time, he was holding a Glock. No mistake. I didn't catch him "cocking" the Glock earlier in the movie, but that is possible.

The camera was too close during the fight scenes but still they were good, however it seemed like a Motorola ad through much of the movie. I did like the last chase/wreck scene.And it was a cocking Glock when he pointed it at the bad guy and a Sig when he removed it.

I saw this last night. I liked it. I am a huge fan of the Bourne saga and this didn't dissapoint me. I would've liked a couple of changes to it but I still liked it. I did like Identity and Supremacy better though.

Overall I liked it. And I watched Identity and Supremacy back-to-back before I watched Ultimatum today... so that made it a little more fun. And in addition to the gun screw-ups, there's no way he could stole that Audi (that he drove off the roof, which was a hilarious scene by the way) by just ripping into the wiring. I don't care too much about the technical screw ups though. I just like his character... Always aware, cool-headed and decisive.

be

The wife and I thought it was pretty good. I caught the cocking of the glock but didn't notice the Sig/Glock discrepancy. My wife made a comment about the amount of camera movement in the fight scenes. She said it made her dizzy.