Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

The Bourne Ultimatum

Here in A-Stan and just watched the Ultimatum in the hangar with my chronies. Awesome movie and great story. We were confused as hell at the start when he was in Russia. Glad to see them tie it together where the Supremacy ended in New York.

I chose the Supremacy though since the fight scenes were better than in the other two and you really started to see how smart the Treadstone operators were...especially Mr. Webb.

Rich

I think after the past few yrs, I am almost finally at peace. :) It rocked!!!! Anyone who knows me will know the importance of these films to me. So I'm glad this one was great. :)

I also love that cognitive awareness, level-headedness & decisiveness, too. It seemed to be pretty maxed-out at Waterloo station! :D My standout bits:-

*Waterloo scene

*Foot chase in Tangiers ending in a fantastic hand-to-hand.

*Nicky and Bourne - hint of romance (such a tease of a strand!)

Unintentional funny bits:-

*Poor kid in blue hood

*Bourne opportunistically nickin the NYPD cop car and leaving the cop engaged in a gunfight with Paz/henchmen. -Classic! ;o)

I wanted them to link the point when Bourne's psychosis broke (seeing Wombosi's kids in Identity) with a past, trauma of his kids/family being killed. -Which would explain his almost subconscious ability to lookout for kids (Eamon's kids in Identity). Also, what was the ultimate reason that he joined Treadstone? We know he wanted to "save American lives". But why? What drove him to this? Death in family, friend in battle, etc? You know, maybe this is a deliberate plot hole.

-My English teacher used to teach us the importance of an open-ended story and how this leaves it open to deliberate interpretation for ourselves. :)

Here's some snaps of the main man himself at the UK Premier I went to in London, 15th August:-

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=1097...mp;id=560397159

Enjoy!

Lab. :)

Edited by IceDragon

I wanted....

Something other than yet ANOTHER Damon attack on the US and CIA. What is it with this guy? Another AHL (America Hating Lib) who makes his living pretending to be the kind of guy he hates.

I chose Identity, more mystery and plot, less preaching and posing.

Am I the only one who saw the last 20+ minutes as an anti-recruiting political ad? "Don't trust, commit or sacrifice for your country folks, they'll ask you to do unkind things, and FREEDOM AIN'T WORTH IT."

I hope Damon and those like him find themselves in a situation where they need the help of those they scorn, what poetry that would be.

OK, ranting out of the way, fight scenes were good, if a little drawn out, and car action was entertaining but shaky as mentioned. The audience I sat with actually broke up laughing when he jumped out of the wreck. :rolleyes:

Edited by dirtypool40

• 4 years later...

Here is the trailer for the new flick out on Aug. 3rd................ :cheers: Looks to be good with the "new" Jason.... <_<

http://www.myspace.com/video/trailerpark/bourne-legacy-trailer-2/108764337?TemplateId=9382&utm_source=ORM&utm_medium=email&utm_term=bttn&utm_campaign=9382_whatshot#pm_cmp=O_9382_whatshot

Edited by Raymond in Houma

Just an FYI , new one is coming out.

Legacy trailer:

comment:

The Bourne Legacy Official Trailer #1 - Jeremy Renner Movie (2012) HD

The narrative architect behind the Bourne film series, Tony Gilroy, takes the helm in the next chapter of the hugely popular espionage franchise that has earned almost $1 billion at the global box office: The Bourne Legacy. The writer/director expands the Bourne universe created by Robert Ludlum with an original story that introduces us to a new hero (Jeremy Renner) whose life-or-death stakes have been triggered by the events of the first three films. For The Bourne Legacy, Renner joins fellow series newcomers Rachel Weisz, Edward Norton, Stacy Keach and Oscar Isaac, while franchise veterans Albert Finney, Joan Allen, David Strathairn and Scott Glenn reprise their roles.

If only they could get Michael Mann to direct one of the Bourne movies, then we could get some good gun play, and Bourne would actually figure out that it is easier to shoot then get into a 10 minute fist throwing contest. Hope the new one, is better than the first 3.

• 2 months later...