Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

15 items or less

Sean Gaines

I am not one to post in the hate forum. But this just has to be one of the most frustrating things that I come across, seems pretty regular. I go to the local pigly wigly store and buy some late dinner items and birthday items for my wife, and I think I have all of about 10 items. All the other registers are filled with customers, and I am in a hurry. I need to get home and get stuff cooking before the wife comes home, I had this special meal I was going to make for her so of course I go to the 15 items or less counter. Well guess what. there is this repulsive guy at the counter, with I $hit you not probably about 75 items. I kept saying things out of the corner of my mouth like, "this guy can't count", and " can't you see the sign next to your head". And I was saying it loud enough for him to hear. I guess I was trying to provoke an argument with the guy, but he just ignored my coments. So here I am venting. So there you have it. I HATE PEOPLE WHO CANNOT READ SIGNS THAT ARE RIGHT IN FRONT OF THIER FACES, OR HAVE TOTAL DISREGARD FOR OTHERS. AGGHHHHHHHH, I want to staple that sign to his forehead. Sorry guys/gals haven't been to my anger managment class in a couple days.

The sad part is, they can read fine.. people are just so self centered these days..

It's like people that don't use turn signals (they don't help them turn, why use them!) , or put their headlights on on hazy/foggy days..

If it doesn't hurt them.. what do they care..

Maaaannn...I had a whole cart-load the other day and they directed me to the (empty) express lane. It didn't feel right going there. Then, of course, the empty store started spitting customers out of nowhere...with 10 items or less.

:(

Maaaannn...I had a whole cart-load the other day and they directed me to the (empty) express lane. It didn't feel right going there. Then, of course, the empty store started spitting customers out of nowhere...with 10 items or less.

I've seen that more than once at our local market.... Express Line is empty, clerk is being "helpful" and taking overflow from regular lines "I can get you here, sir"...... and of course the second they start checking out that full cart, 5 people with 1 item each show up all of a sudden. Store needs to enforce its own rules, or why have them. :wacko:

Course, you still have the occasional nimrod that just ignores the sign all on his/her own. :angry2:

Store needs to enforce its own rules, or why have them. :wacko:

Store rules often are to take the overflow --- because no customers like waiting in lines. I've never blown through an express lane with an overloaded cart full of groceries, but I may have stretched the 15 to 25 once or twice, when the express lane was empty. Of course, I usually bag my own too, and can generally pay faster than the average customer.....

I've seen that more than once at our local market.... Express Line is empty, clerk is being "helpful" and taking overflow from regular lines "I can get you here, sir"...... and of course the second they start checking out that full cart, 5 people with 1 item each show up all of a sudden. Store needs to enforce its own rules, or why have them. :wacko:

Course, you still have the occasional nimrod that just ignores the sign all on his/her own. :angry2:

I agree. Never again for me. They suckered me in and all I saw was no line. :(:(:(

I think cash registers should cut off at three or five items over the limit #. "Sorry Sir, that's all we can ring up at this register".

The stores won't do it because it would piss off too many self-important people, but I can dream...

Not to hijack a thread, but I also hate it when there is only one register open with 5 people already in line. I've actually left a full cart of groceries in the line and walked out. Hope they got the ice cream back into the freezer quickly.