Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

The important things in life

Homemade Mayo when possible, Dukes Mayo from N. Carolina if you can get it otherwise Hellmans; Smuckers natural PB and Crunchy Jiff if you have to have the sugar in your PB. :cheers:

Edited by AikiDale

Most people I have asked usually combo up as:

Hellmann's and Skippy

OR

Miracle Whip and Jiff

Although, I have no scientific proof to back it up!

As for me, It's smooth & creamy Jiff & Miracle Whip to the bottom of the jar!

I voted Hellman's... but I think it was (is) Best Foods (???) in California (where I grew up). And Jiff, definitely Jiff... creamy. The only time I like Miracle Whip is on white bread with mild cheddar cheese... nothing else... and I haven't had that in yeeears. I prefer wheat-berry bread, mayo, lettuce, tomato, fresh avocado and Jack. :D

OH, and I absolutely DESPISE mustard!!! Don't even ATTEMPT to cut my sandwich with a knife that has been anywhere NEAR mustard!!!

Marshmallows are gross too. icon8.gif

eta: Best Foods? Maybe that was it... I DESPISE grocery shopping too... so whatever brand of mayo is on restaurant and take out food is what I eat. :lol:

Edited by Sharyn

Hellman's mayo. My grandma once made me go back to the store to return the jar of Kraft mayo because it would be adulteration to her tater salad recipe.

Heinz Ketchup. Is there any other?

Guldens Mustard, only on my Sabret or Hebrew National hot dogs, hate mustard on anything else. I love burgers and there's nothing worst than tasting mustard on a burger!

Any beer :cheers: Actually, I'll take that back... Was in Annapolis couple of weeks back and tasted Dogfish Head Beer. Not good. Tasted like rotten passion fruit.

I'm one of the two that prefer death by lethal injection to PB :sick:

voted for hellmans, although on this side of the rockies it's called bestfood

My first trip to the Grocery Store in TN - need mayo - where the f*#k is the Best Foods?!?! Had to call my dad and ask him what is was called "out here". Won't use any other kind - ever! Same for Skippy Smooth PB :)

Bestfood's (Hellman's) Real Mayo & Jiffy Super Chunk here!

As far as the rest of the important things in this world that can be spread on bread, howzabout Nutella & Jet-Puft ;)

Miracle Whip is the best. Miracle Whip and banana sandwiches are awesome. :lol: I am ticked that Peter Pan did not make the list. :angry2: I guess i will get over it since you can hardly find it after they made a bunch of people sick. :o

Other: I think it was called Blue Plate when I was growing up.

Other: Any of the "Natural" (Laura Scudder) or store ground (Whole Foods) varieties which allow the peanut oil to separate. Jif and Skippy are more like peanut-flavored spread. Read the labels? I like mine to say "peanuts, salt", and if it just says "peanuts", that is good, too.

Who cares: as long as there is peanut butter. My dad said if my mom ever ran out of peanut butter, he would divorce her. He was joking. I think.

Lee