Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

07 OPEN Nationals gossip thread

dirtypool40

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess I'll post this here because there aren't any replies yet... :( There are so many Nats topics that I didn't know which one to choose! So, Eric, here's a little movie morsel to help get this topic going...

2007 Nationals video tidbit

Hmmm... not sure what gossip I can give you except a lot of penalties of some sort were earned on my squad on our first stage. :( Saw a few make-up shots, no-shoots, gun jams and general bobbles on the men's super squad. Not a whole lot to be told after only three stages.

Thanks for the vids Sharyn. Looks like a lot of "choppy" stages...shoot two rounds here...3 rounds there...2s round here...4 rounds there. Looking over some of the stage results for some of the local shooters I know....seems like high disaster factor stages...lots of misses/no-shoots/procedurals (the procedurals part is interesting).

How are you enjoying the trees? :lol:

Edited by SteveZ

NANNY NANNY HA HA....... I got Sharyn's video, all the other threads are greeeeeen.

Keep em' coming. :lol:

Day 1 guesstimate Snapshot of the top 5, if I did this correctly, looks like:

Chris Tilley

Saul Kirsch +3

Max Michel +14

JJ Racaza + +19

Todd Jarret +26

Actually it looks like the top guys are spread over at least two squads, so this is a ROUGH guess trying to grab the usual suspects and make sure they have all shot the same stages. Any confirmation of that order?

It also looks like Shannon Smythe (SmittyFL) and Dave Re (XRE) are smokin' on "Super Squad #2".

Edited by dirtypool40

Actually it looks like the top guys are spread over at least two squads, so this is a ROUGH guess trying to grab the usual suspects and make sure they have all shot the same stages. Any confirmation of that order?

For the most part, all the "supers" are on the same squad - squad 6. They're shooting as I type this ;)

It also looks like Shannon Smythe (SmittyFL) and Dave Re (XRE) are smokin' on "Super Squad #2".

Smitty and I are on opposite rotations, but shooting the same stages, seemingly. I got off to a solid start yesterday - today just didn't hook up. I had some errors that I'll have to be careful to protect against tomorrow. I'm really only unhappy with how I shot on stage 10 - the other stages are relatively minor issues (though resulting in some $$$ into the kitty for our little side match). Mainly, lapses in focus. Stage 10, we got down to score, and there were five holes in one of the clamshells. Reshoot. I'd hit the NS on the left side clam, so this wasn't entirely unwelcome. But... re-shoot-itis got me. I was pretty beat at that point, and couldn't get it back together to shoot a good run for my re-shoot - I shot basically the same score (including the Mike/NS on the left clam), but a second slower :blink: D'oh...

So.... half the match done, I can get some rest tonight, and see if I can't put some good stages together tomorrow. The speed is there, and, for the most part, so is the focus, etc. Just needs some cleaning up, and need to stay with it for all 6 stages tomorrow, instead of 5... ;)

Thanks for the great looking vids, as always. Very interesting way Doni dropped into the prone position. Wonder what she calls that? I know my medium insulated body couldn't do it that way. :P

Man, what a beautiful background this range has. Good luck to everyone out there.

Edited by GlockSpeed31

As Saul Kirsch wrote Henning went Minor with 164PF

Henning had gone minor at Mile Hi Showdown the weekend before too..

Damn. WE talked about that before he left. He was going to add a bit extra as a safety factor. :surprise: