Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

L-10 Nationals Champion

Putty

I like several folks for it, but the safe bets are Dave Sevigny or Rob Leatham. I have to suspect we'll see Robbie w/ a single stack gun, too ;)

ETA - I think it'd be really cool if TT could pick up a win at a Major, too, so...

Edited by XRe

I'll go with Dave. This should be a really terrific contest, though; there have to be at least a dozen guys that could take the title. In addition to the usual suspects, I wouldn't be surprised to see Robert Vogel or Ted Puente challenging for the win, or at least placing in the top six. Taran Butler also seems to be on top of his game right now, and I bet he'll have his best finish since '03.

I also expect my pal Steve Rubalcaba to do us proud here in the Green Mountains and stomp all over "B" Class. Go Steve!

Among the ladies, Julie is the obvious choice, but Carina also seems to be shooting well lately so I expect she'll make it a close one.

I'd have to go:

TGO - nuff said

TT - He's due and looked good all year.

Manny - been close several times. Also due.

Sevigny - Been there, done that

Taran - can hook up

Seeklander - Good 06 Lim Nats and still getting better.

Strader - a freak of nature who's been quiet too long and is still due

Puente - "Hammy the points Squirrel" might be the best shooter, pound for pound, at that match.

Hell I've probably missed some monsters crossing over from PRoduction, that field is gonna be TOUGH. Anyone of those guys hooks up and they could win. Except for TGO and Sevigny, the others are still chasing their first. The all shoot so good it's a crap shoot.

Edited by dirtypool40

Among the ladies, Julie is the obvious choice, but Carina also seems to be shooting well lately so I expect she'll make it a close one.

Thanks for the kind words but the only thing I'll be driving is a mouse, not a gun, during the Open/L10 Nationals. I have to cover at work for someone else's vacation :(

Does anyone know whether TJ is shooting Open or L-10? It's been a while since he's won a Nationals and I expect he's hungry for another title. I'll add another prediction that, whichever division Todd shoots in, he won't finish below third-- assuming his gun is working (something he seems to have been having issues with over the past couple years).

Also, among the ladies, Jessie Abbate might give Julie a run for her money. She won the ladies' title over Julie this weekend at the Georgia State match.