Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Side match for Open/L-10 Nats?

Anyone remember this little game we played at the last Open nats??? http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=39614

Anyone up for a repeat? James Ong and I were chatting, and we think it'd be fun (of course, James won last year, so of course he'd think it would be fun ;) ).

The game is - anyone who commits puts in $1 per penalty or D (that's right, soft mikes become mikes in this game ;) ). The person who puts in the least, gets the whole pot (ie, the cleanest match wins). A match DQ is in for however many penalties and Ds they have at time of DQ, but cannot win the pot (obviously). Score sheets must be shown for verification at the end of the match. You can buy out at any time for double your current total.

Who's up for it??? :D

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would'a....could'a...should'a...

I would have tied with James at the Open/PRODUCTION Nationals last year. I got scared out with the 3 stages that had all the targets at 35y +

And, I didn't really want to focus on not shooting penalties, I wanted to focus on shooting A's. (Funny though...I still ended up shooting with the wrong focus.)

We do something like this at the local match often enough...usually shooting for beer. The last match I recall...our squad had me (Prod), PB (Production), Keen (Open), Flyin40 (Open), Seevers (Open) and Chad Rausch shooting Revolver. I think we all still owe Chad a beer. I hope we don't have to show our classification cards when we pay up.

I don't make that kind of money. :surprise:

You're in direct control ;) You can pay out $0, if you want (assuming you shoot clean...) :D

Welcome aboard, Turtle!!! :D

Got a question re: how it'll work...

Basically, everyone must be in before their first shot of the match is fired. Pay up at the end, when you show your sheets for verification. Depending on your match, I would expect to be in for between $10 and $30. I can't remember what the high number was last year, but I don't think it exceeded that?? James, do you still have the records? And, the game is open to both divisions, for sure.

James and I are on squad 20 - I guess I'm on the hook to "manage" this little endeavor this year, and James can "keep me honest" :D We shoot first rotation on Saturday, and so will be done first. I'll plan on packing my stuff up, and heading over to stages 3, 4, and 5 (where the Open Super Squad will be shooting). Find me there if you haven't already - I'll have a Burkett Video shirt on. We should be able to wrap up right after shooting finishes on Saturday, and have a winner announced :)

Tell your friends! Rib your buddies until they commit!! :D

BTW - I have four confirmed in the game right now... keep the entries coming!

If i remember right the most anyone had to cough up was under $30.

That from a guy who blew out his knee the week before the match and was scheduled to have surgery the week after. :wacko:

I tried to keep track of the contest everyday the last time, but it turned out to be too cumbersome.

Let's meet at the parking lot at the end with scoresheets in hand and let the fun begin :cheers:

None. You shoot points, Ds, misses, no-shoots, etc, the same as anyone else. You own 'em on your score sheet, why wouldn't you own 'em in this game? (BTW - read Flex's post above - he was shooting a Glock in Production and had he chosen to play with us, would've tied for the win...)

As was discussed last year, the only real spot that the open gun gains advantage - in direct comparison - for the purposes of this game is on swingers, and the differences in strategy between the two platforms will usually put the Open gunner in a riskier position, timing wise, so shots are potentially just as errant.

Edited by XRe

If i remember right the most anyone had to cough up was under $30.

That from a guy who blew out his knee the week before the match and was scheduled to have surgery the week after. :wacko:

I tried to keep track of the contest everyday the last time, but it turned out to be too cumbersome.

Let's meet at the parking lot at the end with scoresheets in hand and let the fun begin :cheers:

It might be even easier this year...with the new scoring software. The hit totals are posted along with everything else. (Not that you guy took much time last year...)

As long as the scores get posted/updated...we could know who won before you guys do at the range. :)

I know that there are many of us that have “howdied but ain’t shook”. Maybe money changing hands will improve my lousy social skills. Besides, gas is under three bucks again and I found a roll of quarters in my sock drawer.

Put me on the list Dave.

David C

TY5333

Ok, the list so far:

Dave Re (XRe)

James Ong (ong45)

Todd Sindelar (Turtle)

BJ Norris

Clint Upchurch (Clint U66)

Kathy Littman (Shooter Grrl)

Craig Outzen (smokshwn)

Nate Martin (Nate)