Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

So Flex,

Are you really not going or is that just a mistake?

Hey guys. I just heard the unfortunate news about Flex. That is a huge drag. I am looking for anyone who needs a hotel (or half) of a hotel. I am at staying at the La Quinta right by the match hotel and the rate is $75.00 a night. If there is anyone still looking for a room or if you have a room and are looking for a person to split it with, please PM me.

Thanks,

Drew

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm out. When I called Sedro, they couldn't find that I sent them anything. So, I went digging in the basement. I found my app sitting in a duffel bag with some other gun stuff (stage designs, Front Sight mags, etc.) that got tucked away when we moved this year.

I'm out. When I called Sedro, they couldn't find that I sent them anything. So, I went digging in the basement. I found my app sitting in a duffel bag with some other gun stuff (stage designs, Front Sight mags, etc.) that got tucked away when we moved this year.

Sorry to hear it Chief Running Gun. :rolleyes:

Thanks to all for the comments and the words of encouragement. It really means a lot. And, it saddens me that I allowed myself no to go (if that makes any sense).

I'm sure I could get a walk on slot. But, I was already pushing my luck to go to the match in the first place. I really didn't have the time/money/resources. I've worked so many Majors this year that I've been neglecting things at home. This was just the straw that broke the camels back. I was going to take about a months break after Nationals anyway...

I hesitated about talk of this on the forum at all. I know how you all are. I am sure I'd get plenty of the "whatever I can do to help" messages. The fact of it all is...for me...I need to look in the mirror and figure out why I am where I am. I just need some down time to figure it out.

For anybody wanting to help me out...me not having my chit together has screwed over my travel partner. You'd be helping me by looking after Drew. He is searching for a room-mate now...and somebody to split the gas cost with from Ohio. I had planned on buying him lunch and dinner, maybe a beer or two...perhaps some of you could pick up my slack.

I am still slotted for Area 2 in November (though I'd better confirm that ;) ). I hope I'll see some of you there. I'll be the guy with the Glock. :)

Enough about me though. This thread is about the Nationals. You all have Alphas to think about. Get you heads in the game and shoot smooth.

Thanks to all for the comments and the words of encouragement. It really means a lot. And, it saddens me that I allowed myself no to go (if that makes any sense).

I'm sure I could get a walk on slot. But, I was already pushing my luck to go to the match in the first place. I really didn't have the time/money/resources. I've worked so many Majors this year that I've been neglecting things at home. This was just the straw that broke the camels back. I was going to take about a months break after Nationals anyway...

I hesitated about talk of this on the forum at all. I know how you all are. I am sure I'd get plenty of the "whatever I can do to help" messages. The fact of it all is...for me...I need to look in the mirror and figure out why I am where I am. I just need some down time to figure it out.

For anybody wanting to help me out...me not having my chit together has screwed over my travel partner. You'd be helping me by looking after Drew. He is searching for a room-mate now...and somebody to split the gas cost with from Ohio. I had planned on buying him lunch and dinner, maybe a beer or two...perhaps some of you could pick up my slack.

I am still slotted for Area 2 in November (though I'd better confirm that ;) ). I hope I'll see some of you there. I'll be the guy with the Glock. :)

Enough about me though. This thread is about the Nationals. You all have Alphas to think about. Get you heads in the game and shoot smooth.

Thanks Flex. I needed That! ;)

Come see us in Mississippi in May '08. I' ll but the first beer. :cheers:

You best be treating my girls Beth and Cindy right! Or the entire BWB ladies camp alumni will just have to make a fuss! :lol::devil:

Especially if you ever plan to shoot A6....

Well, since it's YOU, we'll...um...COMPLETELY IGNORE YOUR WARNING. :yawn:

Looks like the men in this squad are gonna need testosterone treatments. By the way - does my gun make my ass look big?

You have no backside Jim....all your squads mates have chewed it off over the years. Feel free to ignore my warnings and then you can wonder why the Area 6 match is always full and why your orders for Glock parts always take so long to ship. :P:D:lol: BTW, I heard Chris Edwards will be on your squad too.

On another subject: we should have something set up on Saturday where you can retrieve your self-shipped ammo. The range will be closed to competitors, and that means closed. If you have ammo coming through the USPSA match ammo program (Precision Delta), you won't be able to get that until Sunday during registration due to the paperwork involved.

Good luck at the match.

Troy

Troy,

Any more news about picking up our shipped ammo? I assume it will be OK to pick it up Sunday at registration? thanks.

You have no backside Jim....all your squads mates have chewed it off over the years. Feel free to ignore my warnings and then you can wonder why the Area 6 match is always full and why your orders for Glock parts always take so long to ship. :P:D:lol: BTW, I heard Chris Edwards will be on your squad too.

Why would Jim need to order Glock parts when I sold him a real gun. His backside is flat from falling down on it, not getting it chewed on! :lol:

Edited by Sgtsvi

the rain chances have worsend

this from the national weather service

Today 80% chance of rain

heavy

Rain

Hi 84°F Tonight

tonight 90% chance of rain

Heavy

Rain

Lo 71°F Saturday

Heavy

Rain

Hi 83°F Saturday

Night 60% chance of rain

Heavy

Rain

Lo 69°F Sunday 30% chance of rain

Chance

Tstms

Hi 85°F Sunday

Night 20% chance of rain

Slight Chc

Tstms

Lo 66°F Monday 50% chance of rain

Chance

Tstms

Hi 82°F Monday

Night

Chance

Tstms

Lo 61°F Tuesday

Chance

Tstms

Hi 78°F

Bring your umbrellas, looks like a wet one!

It has been raining here (Tulsa) off and on most of the week. How bad will the weather have to be before they cancel and use the makeup day?

Flood conditions!

Direct cloud to ground lightning.

Hailstones bigger than golf balls. (anything less is just heavy rain)

An F2 or higher tornado.

Fire and brimstone from the sky. (just kidding about the fire and brimstone, we haven't had any of that this late in the year since the 70's)

:lol:

It has been raining here (Tulsa) off and on most of the week. How bad will the weather have to be before they cancel and use the makeup day?

Flood conditions!

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN TULSA HAS EXPANDED THE

* FLASH FLOOD WATCH TO INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING COUNTIES...IN

ARKANSAS...BENTON...CARROLL...CRAWFORD...FRANKLIN...MADISON

AND WASHINGTON. IN OKLAHOMA.ADAIR...CHEROKEE...CREEK...

DELAWARE...MAYES...MCINTOSH...MUSKOGEE...OKFUSKEE...OKMULGEE...

ROGERS...SEQUOYAH...TULSA AND WAGONER.

:surprise::blink:

I knew you were looking! :unsure:

My Glock is in semi-retirement, as I've gone to the Infinity dark side. Just don't say anything in front of her.

This is gonna be fun. Can't wait to meet the new folks. I got a noogie for you, missy. :blink:

Take the time you need to regroup bro... life isn't only shooting. ;) I would love to do Fla. but I don't think the money is going to be there.

JT

Any more news about picking up our shipped ammo? I assume it will be OK to pick it up Sunday at registration? thanks.

I'm just as concerned about this also, but just in case I can't get to my ammo before Monday, I'm bringing another 250 rounds with me. More ammo is not bad.. and that means that maybe I can function fire some to be under the limit to fly home with.

I'm just as concerned about this also, but just in case I can't get to my ammo before Monday, I'm bringing another 250 rounds with me. More ammo is not bad.. and that means that maybe I can function fire some to be under the limit to fly home with.

Mine was delivered today. I am just wondering about the procedure to get it. I guess if it is at the USSA, I will be OK.

Day, Forecast, Description, Precip chance

Today

Sep 07

Details T-storms

Hi: 84° Lo: 71°

Day: Definite thunder with heavy rain with moderate rain showers. High 84F, humidity 70%. Winds SSW at 10 to 15 mph.

85%

Night: Periods of thunder with heavy rain with occasional moderate rain showers. Low 71F. Winds SSE at 5 to 10 mph.

95%

Tomorrow

Sep 08

Details T-storms

Hi: 83° Lo: 69°

Day: Periods of thunder with heavy rain with occasional moderate rain showers. High 83F, humidity 70%. Winds SSW at 10 to 15 mph.

90%

Night: Likely thunder with moderate rain showers. Low 69F. Winds NNE at 5 to 10 mph.

60%

Sunday

Sep 09

T-storms

Hi: 85° Lo: 66°

Chance of thunder with moderate rain showers. High 85F and low 66F. Winds N at 10 to 15 mph.

25%

Monday

Sep 10

T-storms

Hi: 82° Lo: 60°

Chance of thunder with moderate rain showers. High 82F and low 60F. Winds NE at 5 to 10 mph.

45%

Tuesday

Sep 11

T-storms

Hi: 78° Lo: 58°

Chance of thunder with moderate rain showers. High 78F and low 58F. Winds N at 10 to 15 mph.

30%

we just pulled in about 20 minutes ago - Once we hit OKC coming up I35 you could tell it had rained a bunch - We didn't hit any rain on the drive up but saw where it had rained.

Match hotel has many more eating options close by than last year's location -

Safe travels everyone-

Edited by Bryan W