• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3/12/07

-One hour on the elliptical

-Full dryfire session

No rest for the wicked, my day started early with a great workout (2nd hour of I Robot...if you were curious :P ) and an excellent dryfire session. My main focus continues to be on visual patience and snapping my attention to the exact spot on the target that I am going to land my sights on. I feel that I have made the transition to pushing the limits of my speed in dryfire, and still having the visual patience in matches to hit A's.

I'm still very pleased with yesterday. I shot the entire match twice without any penalties (something that used to plague me). My reshoot was in Open, and after checking the "unofficial results" list, I was surprised to see that I was 2nd place! Same gun, minor loads, ten rounds in the mag. The advantage of shooting major is diminished when the guy shooting minor is hitting all A's.

Today starts another phase in my routine...the diet phase :o . Although I am feeling rather fit, the love pouch around my midsection tells me otherwise. I'm already doing the hard work (exercise) so by simply eating less, I can achieve this new goal.

So what are these gonna put your percentages at homie.... Vogel will be switching to production soon.... and i'll be hittin it hard after the SS classic... we want competition bro!

Heh...thanks Steve. I believe that (although it really wasn't my intention) after the USPSA update I will be in the middle of A class. If this is so, than it's going to be a balls-to-the-wall effort on my part to break the A/M barrier. I have a feeling that savage beatings from top M/GM's will be a valuable learning experience this season :D

PB your calcualtions could be wrong, because I came up with 76% not 80%. And yes ........ GET READY FOR SOME SERIOUS WHOOP-ASS from the rest of the Production shooters that are now circling you like vultures to a kill. ;)

In fact I might just put down my new Open gun to go back FULL-TIME to making you earn your wins in Production. :rolleyes:

PB your calcualtions could be wrong, because I came up with 76% not 80%. And yes ........ GET READY FOR SOME SERIOUS WHOOP-ASS from the rest of the Production shooters that are now circling you like vultures to a kill. ;)

In fact I might just put down my new Open gun to go back FULL-TIME to making you earn your wins in Production. :rolleyes:

:D I am truly looking forward to it! The only way for a good shooter to get great is through practice, and the persistant lessons that can only be taught by M/GM's kicking your ass :D

Hey Pharaoh,

Great shooting with you again. Your hard work has obviously paid off. Congrats on the the 1st place win. The link below says it all.

Man Crush

Too funny :lol: You're a great sport HK!

Next time I will be sure that the video includes the steel shots (and avoid the spaz attack on my reloads) :D

We can't see any of the steel falling ! :wacko: What's up with that ?

I'll speak to the producer about that... ;)

We can't see any of the steel falling ! What's up with that ?

You see the time and score? He is critiquing him self not the bullets hitting the steel

And im working for free.

Bobby I really do appreciate you filming me when I shoot! I have learned much from watching the tape later. I owe ya a beer next time we're out and about :)

3/13/07

-Full dryfire session

I gotta tell ya, it's been a pretty good three days for me :D I have only won my division one other time, and only when the heavy hitters are off in other divisions. At work yesterday I checked my phone to find two messages around 5:30pm. The first was from Keen, who said that I had won the Glock certificate from the GSSF match. Thinking that he was pulling my leg, I listened to the second message, and sure enough I had won the damn thing! I'm still trying to decide what I want to do with it.

I fixed the elliptical machine today with a wrench and some Break Free (it was making this doomsday screeching noise). The workout flick of the day was the first hour of Eurotrip (freakin FUNNY movie!). The temp today is in the 70's, and I must have sweat off 20 pounds in the workout room.

Dryfire was excellent, I felt like I was picking up tenths on all my drills. SOTM is refining itself...I listened to the MB radio show last night while loading ammo, and focused on a few of the tips that Chris Tilly had to offer.

It does look like I'll be in A class once the update hits. I feel satisfied that I didn't shoot on Sunday with the intention of upclassing, rather I just shot to the best of my ability. The competition will be much more challenging at the major matches now, but that only furthers my desire to train all the more.

3/14/07

-Full dryfire session

I got myslef up this morning 30 minutes earlier than usual...a change that seems to give me tons more time in the morning before work. My workout today (first hour of Training Day...Man up!) was unusually hard. Looking back on the workout data, I hit a hr 0f 225, which is 119% of my max. I think that I'll scale the intensity down a bit, lest I stroke out before my first major of the year.

Dryfire was smooth and precise. I am seeing more perfect sight allignments in less time, without having a rushed feeling. SOTM and dash reloads continue to refine themselves...however I will work with a water botle today at work, as well as any other chance I get to make people think I'm crazy.

No USPSA update yet...Now that I am in A, I feel myself having this "Why the hell not" attitude towards making Master as quickly as possible, although I know that this is the wrong approach. I busted my ass three months ago at a classifier match and squeaked into B, yet last Sunday I was just out to have a good time and shoot all A's and ended up in A. I need to rein myself in and just focus on the shooting.

Deep down I know that the card is just a card. D or GM, I want to shoot my best every time.

3/15/07

-Full dryfire session

It's official...

Classification

OPEN Class: B Pct: 64.76 High Pct: 64.76

LIMITED Class: U Pct: 0.00 High Pct: 0.00

LIMITED10 Class: B Pct: 26.60 High Pct: 26.60

PRODUCTION Class: A Pct: 76.84 High Pct: 76.84

REVOLVER Class: U Pct: 0.00 High Pct: 0.00

I shot my G34 prety damn well in Open :P

Excellent workout today (2nd half of Training Day) Time permitting, I would have spent another hour on the elliptical machine, but I had to get back and dryfire.

I focused today's practice on seeing the perfect A shot on every target. Visual patience is an amazing thing that really doesn't take additional time to see. Shooting consistant, shooting A's, these are the keys to winning matches.

I've been going over the rough draft stage diagrams of SC Sectional, A6, and Summer Blast. I am aware that the odds of the actual stages looking anything like the diagrams are nil, but it's a good mental workout...at least for me. It looks like I'll be able to shoot @ C-ville this Saturday right before work...although I will not have the time to dryfire beforehand *gasp*! I hope it doesn't get any colder than it is now <_<

3/16/07

-Full dryfire session

Another great workout this morning... (first half of "Kung Fu Hustle", you owe it to yourself to watch that flick!) ...my resting heart rate has lowered dramatically since I began the cardio workouts. Hopefully this will translate into better oxygen absorption, which leads to better focus and acuity.

Dryfire practice has become so smooth and fluid that I find myself taking less time for the same about of practice. This has allowed me to expand on my practice at home, and work on additional skill sets.

DSCN0831.jpg

This drill begins with me 18 ft away (these are 1/4 sized targets). Upon start signal, engage PP1-PP4, make a mandatory reload and engage T1 with two rounds. Poppers were one of my many kryptonites of last season...

DSCN0833.jpg

Again starting at 18 ft, upon start signal, engage PP1-PP4, reload on the move, and engage T1 with two rounds. I have to enter the room to see T1. This pushes me to start running once I see the right sight picture on the last steel, hit that reload in one step, and be set up to hit T1 the moment it becomes visible.

The SC Sectional is exactly a month away. If I want to be competitive in A class, this kind of OCD behavior is more than necessary :D

PB,

Congrats on the match and the A card. Well deserved.

JFS

Thank you for the kind words JFS. I've said it before and I'll say it again...It's the good shooters and great sportsmen like yourself that have encouraged me to have this kind of participation in our sport. I'll catch you tomorrow @ C-ville!

3/17/07

-MATCH!

I opted today to, instead of dryfire, work out, then go to work, to shoot the Circleville match this morning and RUSH to work. Don't worry, I'll double up on dryfiring this Tuesday to make up for it.

The match today wasn't exceptionally difficult, rather deceptively east, and I saw many people simply go to fast. I chose to be precise and shoot at my own speed. The result was a consistent match and ZERO penalties :D (Call me butter 'cuz I'm on a roll :P )

Five stages...the classifier was Close Quarter Standards. I had all of my hits, but had a jam on the first string.

th_DSCN0844.jpg

My only other error was missing the big assed popper on the stage below. It triggered a drop turner, and I had every intention of engaging said turner, but my plan A had me going to slide lock, and I did not believe that it was worth the time and extra reload to engage it. (Watch how I did fine on the LITTLE steel though :blink: )

th_DSCN0839.jpg

I shot this stage well, which was an orgy of no-shoots and hard over...

th_DSCN0837.jpg

And although my trigger finger was frozen stiff, I shot this two string table stage well (in my opinion)...

th_DSCN0841.jpg

This stage provided the "Take 'em Down" conundrum of an eleven round stage. I decided that it was worth the risk, and it paid off :)

th_DSCN0847.jpg

Overall, I am very glad that I had the opportunity to get out and shoot a match today. I would say that I did not fair the cold weather as well as I had hoped, and will make it a point to not let it slow me down in the future. That being said, I feel that my overall performance was lacking. I don't like to think in categories of "speed up/slow down" but I felt exceptionally slow today. I will continue to practice and refine my shooting so that I can compete at a level that I am happy with.

Edited by Pharaoh Bender