Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Micah's Range Diary

Micah

Bill, it has been an odyssey of the mind and body. There is no longer a Micah and a 550 as individual beings, rather our consciousnesses are intertwined as one creation that is an abomination unto itself.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Several thoughts today:

Yoga is absolutely NOT something that vegans do between rounds of golf Frisbee and smoking rope...depending on the program that you are working, it can be extremely intense. I am seeing significant changes in my body core, and feel more fluid in my movement.

My G26 slide, barrel, and extractor came back today from being hard chromed!:

2012-06-19_16-47-54_277.jpg

2012-06-19_16-48-25_89.jpg

I've been to the range twice in the past two days in addition to my dryfire outine. I feel exceptionally fortunate to have a place to train and do whatever I need to do.

Lots of steel, and I am slowly crushing the plate rack...something that has always dogged be due to my prior lack of access to the training modality.

I go back to work tomorrow morning, but am shooting a match in KY on Sat, and good old MRPC on Sunday.

I am literally doing everything that I can to ramp up to the remaining matches if 2012 (IN Sect, MI Sect, IN SS/Prod, IDPA Nats). No matter the outcome, my data indicates that I am wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy better than when I first geared up again towards the first of the year. I can accept that 2012 has not been my complete comeback year, but I am going to make everyone in my division work hard for the win.

I've been to the range twice in the past two days in addition to my dryfire outine. I feel exceptionally fortunate to have a place to train and do whatever I need to do.

Lots of steel, and I am slowly crushing the plate rack...something that has always dogged be due to my prior lack of access to the training modality.

I go back to work tomorrow morning, but am shooting a match in KY on Sat, and good old MRPC on Sunday.

I am litterally doing everything that I can to ramp up to the remaining matches if 2012 (IN Sect, MI Sect, IN SS/Prod, IDPA Nats). No matter the outcome, my data indicates that I am wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy better than when I first geared up again towards the first of the year. I can accept that 2012 has not been my complete comeback year, but I am going to make everyone in my division work hard for the win.

Good for you man. You make me almost want to switch over to production, but I have said limited rest of the year. I have dodged dedicating my time to it long enough. Good luck with the rest of your season

1340331173[/url]' post='1729481']

Good for you man. You make me almost want to switch over to production, but I have said limited rest of the year. I have dodged dedicating my time to it long enough. Good luck with the rest of your season

Thank you Jake, that means quite a bit. The Indiana match is the carrot that is really driving me right now.

I shot the best match that I have encountered in a long time today at MRPC. No penalties...and I felt the intensity (and almost anger) in stage 2 that I have not felt in YEARS. I purchased a new computer 10 days ago, and am trying towade through it's video software to make my video. It's coming...

Nice!!!

I was tempted to wear a wife-beater once, but after having some brass fly into an open-collared shirt before, I've avoided them since. :P

...gotta find a better video program! Here is my video from Sunday:

^ How about we settle for a cold drink after the match Andrew :)

Below is the video from the Oxford match on Sunday. I had a few BAD reloads...one of which caused the jam on the first stage. All my fault...I will iron that out.

th_7-1-2-12OX.jpg

^ How about we settle for a cold drink after the match Andrew :)

Below is the video from the Oxford match on Sunday. I had a few BAD reloads...one of which caused the jam on the first stage. All my fault...I will iron that out.

th_7-1-2-12OX.jpg

same way that I shot the memory stage, well sort of

Micah> I was watching one of your videos that had a 3rd person view of your stage runs. I noticed that you were almost always entering the shooting positions with the gun down then having to raise the gun up to shoot after you were fully planted in the shooting position. This is costing you multiple seconds of wasted time on some stages. Try working on having the gun up and ready to shoot before you get to the shooting position so that you can start shooting as soon as your stance is stable enough to start shooting. Your shooting, gun handling, and reloads in general is solid. But you are wasting a bunch of time by not being ready to shoot as soon as you get into the shooting positions. Instead of dry firing the basic gun handling mechanics I would suggest that you work on your movement into the shooting positions with the gun up and ready to shoot as soon as possible.

The only other suggestion I can make is to film your stage runs from a 3rd person perspective. You can glean WAY more performance data from the videos when shot from a 3rd person vantage point verses a 1st person vantage point.

Thank you for the review Charlie. I have recently incorporated the use of the 3rd person perspective in my shooting again...the hiatus was due to my unwillingness to hand someone a camera and ask them to film, but I have since overcome that situation. Since my training is dryfire 7 days a week and only hitting the range twice a week, dropping my hands is an issue that I have overlooked even though I do plenty of movement drills at home. I will be more mindful of that issue and enjoy the bump in hit factors in the future :)

Still alive, still doing cardio 2x, yoga 2x, and dryfire 2x daily. A stomach bug kept me out of the matches this weekend...already being dehydrated I failed to see the wisdom in making it much worse for me. MRPC is on the map for this weekend, as are every other viable club matches before the Indiana Sectional.

Side note: It's pretty cool to know that I am in the best shape that I have been in since wrestling and football in high school.

Here's a random pic of me at my mother's birthday party tonight. She is a two time cancer survivor, and a hard core GM in my book every day of the week:

photo-2.jpg

Still alive, still doing cardio 2x, yoga 2x, and dryfire 2x daily. A stomach bug kept me out of the matches this weekend...already being dehydrated I failed to see the wisdom in making it much worse for me. MRPC is on the map for this weekend, as are every other viable club matches before the Indiana Sectional.

Side note: It's pretty cool to know that I am in the best shape that I have been in since wrestling and football in high school.

Here's a random pic of me at my mother's birthday party tonight. She is a two time cancer survivor, and a hard chore GM in my book every day of the week:

photo-2.jpg

MRPC is next weekend... Miamisburg is THIS weekend.

Micah, I just have to say it. You look damn good brother! Those who don't know you just don't realize what you have done in a very short time.

Here's to you. cheers.gif

Lite beer of course.roflol.gif

I really enjoy shooting the way I know I should be shooting. Paul Santiago put on an excellent match today at Miamisburg, and for that I am exceptionally grateful! Much thanks brother :)

The video is rendering as I write this, and I will post it once it is uploaded. Today, I had a good match. A handful of club matches are between myself and the Indiana State Championship, and I am striving to glean as much knowledge as possible.

One thing that I have been trying to focus on is to shoot with bent knees and "on point" (balls of feet). It lends to faster entrances and exits, and aids stability. With the core, knee, and leg strength that the yoga has given me, I am more than capable of it....I just need to relearn how to move with it.