Micah's Range Diary

Micah

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Spent this evening and 350 rounds on just the plate rack. There is a wealth of knowledge to be obtained from the various drills that you can do there.

I would imagine that I should eventually start loading up the new bullets for practice since I am bone dry on range ammo.

More dryfiring, more reloading my newly pulled 9mm major rounds,

I finally burned through the rest of my good lead bullets, so It's gonna be a molly party up in here for a LONG tome.

I put up 6 small silhouettes in the two bedrooms of our two-bedroom apartment. My fiancee was starting to give me "The Look", and then I showed her how you "decorated" your living room, so she compromised and let me keep up my 6 small targets (she figured that was better than letting me put up 15 targets). :)

Here is the video from the Ohio State match. Big thanks to everyone that suffered throughout the weekend to make this match happen!

th_5-28-2012OhioStateChampionship.jpg

I'm still processing the match in my mind, so I really don't have any comments at this time.

Here is the video from the Ohio State match. Big thanks to everyone that suffered throughout the weekend to make this match happen!

I'm still processing the match in my mind, so I really don't have any comments at this time.

Cool music

Nice!

We should get you a Facebook range diary page, to make all your videos/pictures readily accessible, man. (I know, I know -- more work and stuff...)

th_5-28-2012OhioStateChampionship.jpg

Nice!

We should get you a Facebook range diary page, to make all your videos/pictures readily accessible, man. (I know, I know -- more work and stuff...)

Uggg. After vowing never to do FB, I went ahead and created one. There isn't anything there, but you can search for me under Micah Barcelo.

Dryfire this morning, and 400rds in the evening of speed drills. I was amazed that I have been waiting to see way too much validation before breaking the shot, when I needed to see much less to break the shot. If it's not crappy outside tomorrow I'll do it all again.

Dryfire this morning, and 400rds in the evening of speed drills. I was amazed that I have been waiting to see way too much validation before breaking the shot, when I needed to see much less to break the shot. If it's not crappy outside tomorrow I'll do it all again.

If there was anything I learned from taking manny's class was to see only what you needed to see and that was based on the target, whetherit was 3yards to 20 yards or with a no shoot or hardcover.

Can you expound on this, Jake?

If there was anything I learned from taking manny's class was to see only what you needed to see and that was based on the target, whetherit was 3yards to 20 yards or with a no shoot or hardcover.

A big thank you to the staff that ran a tight ship and the Western PA Championship! I did not end up where I wanted (4th in Prod), however I smile when I watch the video. I am getting my speed back...and that is a very groovy feeling.

Just another step towards my destination.

(The link picture looks crazy, but I assure you, it is a link to the match video).

th_06-04-2012WesternPA.jpg

Oh yeah, and I had a fall that cost me a time wasting make-up shot, a foot fault, and some blood. Time for new shooting kicks! (see the 1st stage in the video)

FAST!!!!!!!!!!

What's the best way for C or B class shooters to take out Texas Stars?

Yesterday, I tried your technique for taking out Texas Stars (I think it's top, top left, top right, bottom right, bottom left). I like that approach since it keeps the star from spinning until the last 1-2 plates. Thing is, yesterday, it started spinning after I took out the top plate! Others seemed to shoot the top right, then would just ambush the plates as they came up to the 2-3 o'clock position.

Thank for you for the complement Jet. Depending on its bias you will want to shave the plates after knocking off the top in the best sequence to force it to redirect its energy. In the instance of the star that is already in rotation, it's a bit of a free-for-all. The most important thing is to not waste shots. Feel the palm of your support hand doing all of the heavy lifting, and in your strong hand the only sensation should be your trigger finger smoothly fulling the trigger.

Summer/Fall goals for 2012:

*Get my BMI below 22

*Become proficient in Spanish

*Become proficient in ASL

*Always win club matches

*Win >1 major match

*Become proficient in Yoga

How I will achieve these goals:

*Continue eating whole foods, nothing processed, no sugar or flours

*Dedicate >30min study per language daily and study during free time

*Dryfire >once per day, go to the range >twice per week

*Continue daily Yoga training at home

The match today at Silver Creek was AMAZING! I will absolutely be back next month.

Below is the video from the match today. It's a bit longer since I had my good friend Kendall film from a 3rd person perspective, and I incorporated that film in with my headcam.

Thoughts on today: Plate rack fail...WAYYYYYY too many extra shots! And I need new cleats. That, and I am shooting better every day:)

th_6-10-2012SCCC.jpg

Closing in on my second week of my 3 week "vacation" and I have stuck to my goals. Tons of working out, yoga, live and dryfire...and reloading like it's my job.

Before

2012-05-21_16-14-59_939.jpg

After

2012-06-14_08-59-08_29.jpg

Closing in on my second week of my 3 week "vacation" and I have stuck to my goals. Tons of working out, yoga, live and dryfire...and reloading like it's my job.

Before

2012-05-21_16-14-59_939.jpg

After

2012-06-14_08-59-08_29.jpg

Wow I can't believe you loaded all those bullets! Look like 14,723 loaded rds