Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New Limited Blaster

Matt Cheely

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow Matt, that's a huge amount of missing metal. I like the look though. You went very thin near the muzzle and the connecting metal between the windows near the top of the slide is also very thin.

Please share the durability issues with us (if you do have any issues). What's the slide weight? Are you using 12.5 pound recoil springs?

It's not overly close to the muzzle, and there's not really much force exerted at that point. Did have to weld in the bushing cut as I went slightly into it. There is more metal between the cuts than your would think. I put it in 3D and looked at it before I decided to do it. It is on the edge, but that's what I was trying to do! Slide is about 11oz with sights and I use an 11lb. spring with a shock buff.

Edited by Matt Cheely

Damn, Matt, that's extreme!! Did you cut it with EDM?

Nope, just on the mill. Lots of sanding afterwards to get it perfect.

Forgot to mention that I shot it at 25 yards today. Resting my arms on my shooting bag it put down a 1.25" group.

Wow Matt, that's a huge amount of missing metal. I like the look though. You went very thin near the muzzle and the connecting metal between the windows near the top of the slide is also very thin.

Please share the durability issues with us (if you do have any issues). What's the slide weight? Are you using 12.5 pound recoil springs?

thats the first thing I thought also.Wild looking blaster

Finally built myself a new limited gun after selling my old one last year.

I don't think I've seen anything like this before...

LD2.jpg

LDTop.jpg

OK Matt, nobody likes a showoff...........except us. Very cool. B)

Makes my design seem downright mild, conservative even.

:unsure:

That's downright funky.... Have you had to grab those cuts under pressure, yet, to rack the slide, and did you come away with fingers still on your hand??? :o

:lol:

Definitely unique looking. I wanna see it up close :)