Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Single Stack, Looks Like Sti Is Interested

zhunter

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That gun should slay the rest of the market. ;) Good to go from the box with a proven base to build from should a shooter desire to do some custom work.

YaHooooo......! I will have one soon! :D

Mrs. Merlin is not gonna be happy with me, but I do love spending other people's money :)

I played with an early one a week or so ago. In that price range they'll be hard to beat. They may be a little hard to find for a while, so grab one if you want one.

Can you compare and contrast it with the Trojan? Why the difference in price? Is a comparably configured Trojan twice the gun the Spartan is?

Now this is what I call wanting to get in the game!!!

VERY NICE entry level Single Stack

What this will do to the prices of other 'stock' 1911 pattern pistols? First Taurus comes up with a 1911 for under $500 and now you can get an STI built 1911 for less than $600. I wonder where that leaves Colt, S&W and Springfield?

I wonder where that leaves Colt, S&W and Springfield?

Still selling 1911's. ;)

OK, fine. You win. :) I'm just wondering about downward price pressure if comparable firearms are being offered by reputable companies at lower prices.

I was wondering about the MIM stuff, too. However, if the frame, slide and barrel are good quality and well-fitted, it might be worth buying one, gutting the fire control parts and replacing them with something along the lines of the Extreme Engineering kit. I'd then look at getting some Wilson parts as replacement for the slide stop and barrel bushing.

I'm guessing that for less than $800, you could have a helluva nice SS.

Edited by ima45dv8

The differences I see between the Spartan and Trojan are that the Spartan makes no mention of any treatment on the front strap, it doesn't have a high cut front strap, it has a parkerized finish, it has a round top slide, and it has a "Commander" style hammer.

I'd say it probably makes a better "starter" gun for a single stack project - its more finished than an SA Milspec for little additional money, and its still close enough to 1911 spec to allow you to basically do whatever you want to it...

I was just curious if the "STI Commander style hammer, patented STI trigger system, and STI sear and disconnector" meant the tool steel hammer/sear or MIM.

Regardless, for $550 out the door, that's a pretty unbeatable deal for a well-fit long-block 1911.

I wonder where that leaves Colt, S&W and Springfield?

Still selling 1911's. ;)

OK, fine. You win. :) I'm just wondering about downward price pressure if comparable firearms are being offered by reputable companies at lower prices.

I'm sure it will put pressure on Springfield, the STI being in-between the GI/Mil-Spec and Loaded models. I'm not familiar with S&W 1911's. And Colt? I don't see them offering anything of that quality and price in the near future, but then again, they don't need to.