Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Cheapo Range Bag By Midway

AustinMike

Looks like it comes from the same factories in China that the Uncle Mikes and Competitive Edge Dynamics (CED) bags come from. Dillon bags also came from those factories until they went with a US company a few years ago also.

I toured one of those Chinese factories in Guangzhou a few years ago when we were looking at vendors for a quick rifle case project. The stuff we looked at was high quality and had qc, just real, real cheap labor is what sets the price. No idea on the quality of this bag as the chinese will make it according to the specs you give them, good or bad.

We eventually went local with our maker for quite a few reasons that are probably best talked about in another thread.

Edited by Cactustactical

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It has to tell you something about the character of the company that did it. Not that they are selling a product that somebody else copied but that they did it themselves and put their name on it. Unethical to say the least.

Especially since they just approached you recently about carrying your bag! Need any help twisting the knife out of your back? That's terrible! :angry: I guess you can look at it as a a form of flattery, but as I've got experience with unethical people stealing intellectual property that I've worked very hard on, I'm sure it is frustrating too. I'm sure most people understand it's not an apples-to-apples comparison though. Maybe they are planning on carrying your bag after blowing out the knock-offs. I hope that is the case, but probably not.

On a side note, Helmie with i-SHOT noticed my previous post and has offered to fix or replace my current bag. Nice to see guys like you stand behind what you sell. I don't mind paying more when the product is made well and the manufacturer stands behind it.

Edited by AustinMike

I'm in on the backpack idea. Put me down for a nice one in red. The other shooting packs I have seen were some kinda ugly colors. With the quality of chuck's bags the thing could be a day pack for rock climbing.

Blackhawk makes great packs that can be used for this purpose. I bought one when I went to New Orleans after Katrina hit. The pack I have has a compartment for a Hydra-storm reservior and pockets for my magazines, padded shoulder straps and waist strap. They have different sizes and colors. They are worth checking out and the quality is exceptional (So much so that I want to check out their range bags). The best part was none of the nasty mold and garbage made it into my gear and clothes after two weeks of being in all of that nasty crap - the pack kept all moisture, dust, etc out.

I even bought one for my son to use for a school bag because none of the ones we bought for him would hold up to all of the weight of his books. He has put it to a lot of abuse and his is fine.

I didnt see anything about warranty either, I offer a 5 year warranty.

Only 5 year? Well I never! :o:o:o

AFAIK any warrany is good, and I've never heard of much of a warranty on any bag.

RePete.

Green Mountain has a very good warranty too.

But Chuck supports our activities and deserves our business.

FM

Edited by Front Man

Guys if you are looking for a really good bag at a very reasonable price take a look at this one. I am a range bag/electronic muff junkie. I have 6 or 7 range bags in my gun room right now. This is the one I use. I have used this bag for close to three years.

http://www.midsouthshooterssupply.com/item...?sku=00208BD910

Edited by Joe D

• 2 months later...

Got mine in today. It's a nice design, but the zippers are a bit rough. Don't know how well it'll hold up, but it seems like it's worth the $30. It's my first bag for my first gun, so I'm expecting to tear it up in a season or two. If I still like shooting after that, I'll probably pony up for a nicer bag (i.e. Chuck's). Cheap is nice, but only time will tell if it's good. On the upside, they do use metal for the zippers/clasps and d-rings. For that price I expected plastic.

I agree, these Midway bags are a ridiculously good deal at $30. I bought 5 of them. I also own higher end bags but the Midway bag is probably the best deal for the money out there right now.

I bought one just to see what it was like. My expectations were pretty low. I must admit that I am very pleasently surprised. For $30 it is an outstanding deal. I cleaned out my battered but still very serviceable IShot bag and moved everything to this one. My only complaint is that it is black which makes it harder to find things inside the bag.

It is by no means near the quality of Chuck's bag but it is a very good deal. Only time will tell how well it holds up.

I also picked up a second 6" Frankford Arsenal digital calipers. I use mine all the time and wanted a backup. At $10 it is also a steal.

Edited by XD Niner

• 2 weeks later...

This is why we generally don't allow customer service issues onto the forum. Somebody will have an experience that went badly for them from their perspective, then somebody else will know a different side of the story (we live in a small world). We end up with guys going back and forth...and nobody is happy.

If you want to talk about the bag...then talk about the bag. Leave the customer service issues out and leave the NRA out.

Kyle F.

Forum Administrator

Administrator note:

For the moment, I've removed all the posts on this thread from a couple of members and a post or so from a few other members.

This is the second time I've had to take action in this thread.

If you were one that had their posts removed from this thread...don't post in this thread again. Period. Ever. (<<<I hate saying "period". :( See what you made me do.)

We don't come here to read the equipment wars or hear back and forth arguments. That is not what this forum is about.

Brian's Forum is about the shooting.

I just received on of the Midway shooter's bags today. I purchased the bag for $30 plus shipping (plus I got a bunch of other stuff).

Frankly, I was amazed at the quality and features for $30.

• 3 weeks later...
I just received on of the Midway shooter's bags today. I purchased the bag for $30 plus shipping (plus I got a bunch of other stuff).

IT'S AN OK BAG TO LEAVE THE EXTRAS IN, THAT WE ALL DRAG TO MATCHES.

IF IT STAYS IN THE CAR IT IS BETTER THAN A PLASTIC TUB AND IT DOESN'T

SLIDE AROUND LIKE THEY DO. YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR!

• 2 weeks later...

Just to let you all know that it is now back in stock at MidWay.

Ordered one.

I don't shoot pistol often enough to worry about wearing out a reasonablly good bag.

Although if I DO manage to wear this one out I look forward to one of Chucks bags.

Thanks all for recommending, reviewing and comparing the bags.

• 5 months later...

has anyone had problem with the shoulder strap on the midway bag. I got one as a gift (Wanted chucks but got in instead). When I am transporting from house to truck or truck to range the shoulder strap will loosen up and drop the bod position below my knees and it tries to trip me up. I noticed the metal support in the center of the strap is flimsy so it is probably flexing, or maybe I just carry too much stuff?

Looks like Midway ripped off Chuck's Bag

Jim

Yup, to bad they didn't rip off the quality as well. Stick with Chucks bag. I know of two of these that the stitching pulled out, and another that the strap broke loose and dropped the guys stuff on the cement. We spend a lot of money on our blasters... let's not drop them on the cement to save a couple bucks. ;)