Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Cheapo Range Bag By Midway

AustinMike

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If it weren't for the shipping charge, it would be a steal <_<

Said about $10 ground to my area. Not too expensive, but Midway generally is high on shipping. They really jack you over on powder/primers (not that I've ever ordered that stuff from them, but I always get their "remember we sell them" emails!)

If someone orders one, I want to see it... I kind of doubt, after seeing bags by Hafner, Green Mountain, Dillon, etc - and the way they're priced - that someone could undercut Chuck by that much and build a bag of that quality... This might be one of those "they should charge more so people take it seriously" kind of things, but... I kind of doubt this is a "hard use" bag, like Chuck's is....

Quality doesn't come cheap, that's for sure! Looks like whoever built this bag for Midway had a good look at yours, Chuck. I thought it was yours when I saw the picture in their flyer, then saw how absurdly cheap it was and thought, no way! I notice they don't have 150lbs of bullets sitting on top of it though. ;)

It looks exactly the same as my 511 bag.

Cheap clips on the shoulder strap (pot metal) that break and the biggie for me was the shoulder strap tabs DON'T go all the way around to the other side and pull out when the bag is over loaded.

But I do like the bag in othe respects though.

RePete.

I have seen a lot of people come around with the "el-cheapo" range bags. I have also seen them cussing like sailors when the straps come loose, etc. I always tell people you get what you pay for. Certain things aren't worth getting cheap on - i.e. bags, guns, etc. I'd rather worry about my shooting and not my equipment. So, go with Chucks bag. You get service and quality. I have had mine since Chuck came out with them and other than being dirty and faded, its still going strong. Its survived two trips to Ecuador, countless airline flights and car trips.

I'm planning on getting one of Chuck's bags when my I-shot bag disintegrates, which will probably be next year some time. I like their range rug bag for an interior pistol bag, but their tournament range bag turned out to be a waste. The plastic clip on the brass bag didn't last 2 matches and I replaced it with a metal one. It's looking pretty shabby after just over a year, with the fabric tearing in several places. I wish I'd only paid $30 for it! :( I'd definitely not expect a $30 Midway bag to last as long as Chuck's - just thought that was rather interesting when I saw it. Looked like a pretty deliberate knockoff. <_<

I have 2 of Chuck's bags and they reinforce what I was told as a kid:

"You get what you pay for, and you pay for what you get."

If the other's guys bag cost less, well, you can't argue with someone who knows what their product is worth. ;)

I am extremely upset with Chuck's bags... and I have two of them. After only four or five years of service, I managed to break off the little clip slider from one of the many free brass bags I got in shooter packets at various matches across the country. I demand a full refund! Oh wait.. I won both big bags too.. Go buy something from Chuck. He supports the sport tremendously.

Okie Dokie. I couldn't resist. I just can't believe they wanted over $100 for 2nd day shipping <_<

I want to compare it to my other bags. I can always use it for a shaving kit :)

Edited by kmca

And for the price of the shipping and the bag, you could have just spent a little more and got the real deal that WON'T disappoint.

Rich

No way I would pay $100 shipping. The shipping turns out to be about $16 by USPS priority service. I've got a Shooter's Connection bag already. I just want to see what $30 buys :)

Edited by kmca

You can always donate it to a junior raffle or something, after you're done comparing it :)

Good idea Chris!

I have three range bags now and if I bought the Midway bag I'll bet I could find something to put in it. I would have to see one though before I purchased one regardless of the dollar amount. ;)

FM

mine will be here today. I was also wanting to see what $30 would buy. I also have 2 of Chuck's bags. Ill have an update later today or tomorrow on the bag.

I am very interested in your update as I am in the market for a new bag....I have a CED bag and had my new USPSA patch arrive in the mail the other day and thought wow that would look cool on my bag. Well me not being much of a homemaker kinda guy I fired up the iron to stick it on and promptly melted the hell out of my less than a year old $70 bag.. :( I only cried for a few minutes.......DUH

Well i got my bag from the 'Big Brown Truck' this afternoon. I snapped a few pics and gave the bag a once over.

Its not the quality of Chucks bag by a long shot, but its still a decent bag. If your a person that only goes to the local matches or dosent think they would need a 'heavy duty' bag, this would be a good choice.

-The brass bag looks cheap and i would take it off if the hook thats on it would open up wide enough to be removed.

-All of the zippers seem to be fairly sturdy.

-The straps for the carry handle go all of the way around, but the shoulder strap doesnt.

-The stage bag has 6 loops for magazines.

-Comes w/ 2 gun rugs.

-I laid down on the bag. It smashed down about 1/2 way, but then again, i weigh about 225lbs.

ill know more once i fill the bag up.

post-2283-1164930006.jpg

post-2283-1164930027.jpg

post-2283-1164930108.jpg

post-2283-1164930134.jpg

post-2283-1164930148.jpg

post-2283-1164930168.jpg

post-2283-1164930180.jpg

Ahh...yet another example of Engineering Design Validation through theft. Gotta love it! :lol:

If they're selling that for $30, there has to be something wrong. I don't care what the hourly wage is, the materials and shipping cost that much.

Chuck,

Any plans to make a smaller bag for those of us who don't have quite that much stuff to haul?

Trust me---nature abhors a vacuum, your bag WILL fill up. Maybe Chuck should go the

other way. Wheels? A Sherpa/porter/coolie with each bag? Within 2 weeks of getting my

new bag from Chuck, I was packing around an additional 20 lbs. of "range bag

essentials". :rolleyes: