Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I sort of agree about the comparison to last year's match. It did not have the memory stages of that match. But in my opinion it was a technical match. I saw a lot of A-Open shooters getting mikes on many stages. There were some diffucult shots on many stages and some easy shots (3yrds or less) the could lull you into missing.

On a personal note: the Texas star with the steel hard cover was a mind blower. It took awhile to notice I was pounding the hard cover and not the plates, they kept coming around and around.

I think all the stages with the drop turners well excellent beyond expectations. I got to see the big dawgs shot some of them. Stage 10, I think was the: activator steel, steel, static paper, drop turner and swinger--mirror images on the left and right. Watching the open GMs was like poetry in motion.

Edited by Mistral404

I shot with Matt on thursday and he told me he was leaving town over the weekend, for a class or training, I can't remember.

I RO'd stage one and had a good time, great attitude from all the competitors.

My new signature should be "I can't beleive I got beat by a guy in a cast"

Keith if your out there, great shooting, I'll be gunnnin for you in January.

Stage 1 was a trip. That first swinger as fast and with such a small window of opportunity to shoot it. My timing was so off, I got a 'A' zione hit on the berm in trying to anticipate it.

Keith is a great shooter, I shot another match with him. He is very good when both feet are working. He would move out of C class but he only shoots SS so there are no way for him to move up via other divisions.

Yup, the roller coaster was fun. I was interesting shooting production on that one! And while not really Area 2 match related, I heard that you 3 gunners will get a chance to shoot this stage with rifle. Now that I think about it, I would of loved to have a rifle for that head shot at the end of the tracks <_<

at smm? cool. anyone have any videos of this stage?

After seeing all the people who had zeroed the stage I shot it a bit conservative and ended up 14th overall on the stage in Limited as B class. I braked towards the end and ended up stopping short but the targets on the end were wide open so I just shot from there.

Great Match!

Neal in AZ

I wish i wasn't first to do it in our squad on thursday, especially shooting single stack............there was a fourth array of targets????

I bet all who watched me either got a good laugh or was impressed by the throwing of the bullet at the steel and hitting it. LOL I tanked the stage.

I wonder how close it would have been if Matt had shot it over 3 days like the others instead of with the RO's. <_<

Don't know, but it don't matter, now, do it?

My experience is that shooting a whole match in one day, when others shoot it spread out is a mixed bag, just like anything else. Could go either way, as you get fatigued, and such. Let's not draw conclusions - or try to take something away from someone who had a nice accomplishment, eh?

roller coaster pic

I'm going to make Dave build me one! :lol:

No you're not.

Oh come on Dave, she didn't get the Zebra gun rug. How about at next years Sectional? :D

Had to bring the Zebra gun rug thing back up again, didn't you . . .

Make Jane happy Dave.....build a stage where you have to shoot while riding a zebra. One errant shot and she gets her zebra rug.

roller coaster pic

I'm going to make Dave build me one! :lol:

No you're not.

Oh come on Dave, she didn't get the Zebra gun rug. How about at next years Sectional? :D

Had to bring the Zebra gun rug thing back up again, didn't you . . .

Make Jane happy Dave.....build a stage where you have to shoot while riding a zebra. One errant shot and she gets her zebra rug.

No THERE'S a solution that will work . . .

. . . I just can't figure out how to repay all of you for all of this great advice on how to make my marriage better via the shooting sports . . . [rant mode on] building roller coasters, designing stages where you ride a zebra (for Pete's sake), buy a Texas Star . . . some of you were encouragers in getting her an open gun (did you know how expensive these things are?!?!) . . . and now I'm in the basement three times a week loading bullets (38 super comp) where you literally have to stuff the gun powder in the case!!!! And now it's not just the locals. Piling on from Arizona, no less!! [rant mode off]

IF I build some sort of moving, roller coaster device and make it look like you are riding a zebra, all of you will be require to come and shoot the match, even if you live in Arizona (Maples)!!