Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Why I Shoot Limited.......

DanM

At a local match this weekend I witnessed a very well known shooter have their battery cover fly off the C-More and the battery fly away on about the second shot of the stage :blink: I thought to mself, there is the reason I shoot limited.

I shoot Limited because it is a more real life training exercise.

I do love the Open gus for the cool factor, but just not for me, at this time anyway.

Mrs. ZH will most likely shoot Open tho, they shoot flatter and have less recoil.

I can see I will need another Dillon. 9 major or 38 super comp is the question :wacko:

• 1 month later...

I do love the Open gus for the cool factor, but just not for me, at this time anyway.

Mrs. ZH will most likely shoot Open tho, they shoot flatter and have less recoil.

I can see I will need another Dillon. 9 major or 38 super comp is the question :wacko:

I saw a guy hose a stage once with an open gun.......................then turn and say, forgot to turn on the scope! We all laughed and said "show off" under our breath.

Its all about how fast you like to travel.

Me ... I like to drive at "Drag Race" speeds, but there's "Stock Cars" and "Funny Cars", etc.... Different "guns" for different tastes.

I like to go real fast (Open) and take all the mental challenges and risks involved in stride.

I have a good laugh when:

I see a open gun jam,

their scope doesn't work,

they forget to turn on the scope for a stage,

I beat all the open shooters with my limited gun.

:ph34r:

:P

Or when there is a barrel that they HAVE to get WAAAAY up inside to shoot a target/array.

Let 'em mess up their own dental work for a change.

:lol::D:lol::lol::D:)

Or when there is a barrel that they HAVE to get WAAAAY up inside to shoot a target/array.

Let 'em mess up their own dental work for a change.

Dude, I shoot Open cause I'm a concussion junkie.... :D Bring it on!!! :lol: :lol:

I remember at the '97 Open Nats, the last stage I shot involved having to get up tight into a window to reach all four targets. The ROs had screwed a 2x6" in above the window on the far side. They acknowledged that they had done so for "payback" purposes... I said, "Sweeeeet!" :D:lol:

I have a good laugh when:

I see a open gun jam,

their scope doesn't work,

they forget to turn on the scope for a stage,

I beat all the open shooters with my limited gun.

:ph34r:

:P

I get a laugh when I see a Limited shooter

1) Get a jam

2) Front sight leaves the gun

3) Rear sight falls apart

4) I beat Limited shooters with no sights on my Open gun.

The first 3 because you know it happens to Limited shooters that say they shoot limited so that they won't have gun trouble...and I have seen all three...I have a great video of one of our top shooters trying to hit an 8" plate at 12 yds, and putting a very nice group into the back stop about 6" away from the plate because his front sight on his STI .40 came loose and moved....two mags later...:D

and the 4th 'cuz it's just funny :P

• 9 months later...
At a local match this weekend I witnessed a very well known shooter have their battery cover fly off the C-More and the battery fly away on about the second shot of the stage :blink: I thought to mself, there is the reason I shoot limited.

Laugh all you want, Murphy does not care what kind of gun you shoot. He will get around to you some day. <_<

I have seen more front pins in bomars break than I have ever seen open gun scope problems. I will say though as a primarily open shooter that when guys open guns dont work during a stage that it is a good source of humor. :P But the group of guys I shoot with are like sharks circling and waiting for your gun to break so they can bust your chops, and it doesnt matter to them if it a glock or an SVI they will break your stones for letting it happen, and wont ever let you forget.

I once saw an open shooters comp fly off! It was a home-made open glock pistol with the compensator just attached with set screws. Then afterwards the guy is looking for the comp to see if it was still useable. Not. Luckily, nobody was injured.

HUH, Clarify this one