Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Why I Shoot Limited.......

DanM

I shoot Limited because it is a more real life training exercise.

I do love the Open gus for the cool factor, but just not for me, at this time anyway.

Mrs. ZH will most likely shoot Open tho, they shoot flatter and have less recoil.

I can see I will need another Dillon. 9 major or 38 super comp is the question :wacko:

HUH, Clarify this one

I got rid of the wife-to-be, and got another Dillon instead :goof:

HUH, Clarify this one

Look at the post date. There was a "future Mrs. ZH" one year ago.... ;)

Correct

Wow, I am still stumped. Z does not seem the type unless these things have changed.

Hey, she fit all 3 of the rules!!!!!!

And she would have fit the 2 I still have now too!! :devil:

Edited by zhunter

Why do I now shoot open,,,,

bum knees, and a fast trigger finger,,,,,

TGO has knee issues and I think he does pretty well with the limited guns...

Not a fair analogy, TGO could have one leg and still kick everyone's a... :lol:

Hey I shoot both.

I have shot more than one stage after I forgot to turn the C-More on (producing much amusement for my fellow shooters).

I have also had the fiberoptic (or entire rear sight) fall off my limited gun in the middle of a stage.

It produces about the same result.

As for the concussion,

lets just say that after a few thousand rounds through my open blaster, I am now immune to the effects of a flashbang grenade.

Tony

Edited by 38superman

Ok lets just face the facts :closedeyes:

Some limited shooters have PISTOL envy of open shooters :P

It comes from shooting short fat barrels and reduced capacity :goof:

Jim :devil:

I have no ENVY of open shooters, mine is 6" and many of they work with shorties

• 2 months later...

I shoot mostly Open now, but very often I am shooting Limited too. I like both, but consider shooting Open kind of a "magic thing".

About a month ago or so I was RO'ing an Open shooter. It was night (but well lit) shooting, and the shooter had a Docter red dot. On the very first array, on about the third shot his entire Docter sight comes off from his slide as he is shooting. This particular COF had several boxes, barricades and ports: it was a long field course. I though of stopping the shooter and make him aware of his predicament, but if I did that, he would get a reshoot automatically. Anyway, I figure he would stop himself any moment. I was wrong. He shot the entire course, actually scored very well. I asked him to "show clear" and he did, and then after "hammer down" I asked him if he noticed something wrong with his gun. He looked at me "quizzically" as though there was something wrong with me. :rolleyes: I asked him: "Where is our Docter sight...?" He exclaims: " What the hell %$#@* happened here ??" We all had a big laugh as someone handed him back his sight. "HE DIDN'T EVEN KNOW IT HAD FALLEN OFF !!!"

In another match I was shooting a brand new Limited gun I had just completed for a customer. It was not "hard chrome plated" yet. As I am shooting the front sight is moving with every shot, and I noticed my shots wandering off along with my sights. I had to stop before the sight came off completely, remove it an continue shooting without it. I shot better with the sight off too. :surprise: (Oh, yeah, afterwards, had the gun hard chrome plated, put the sight back on and it is still there. He, he !!)

News flash: One season of shooting Open has made me a MUCH better Limited/Limited 10/Single Stack shooter than words can describe. I didn't jump two or three or four classifications, but I am a VASTLY more improved shooter,

So one day I am sitting there shooting and as I am going along I stop several times to really look for the dot, just thinking boy my grip must be off or something, but keep going. Shoot a decent run.

Next stage I get ready, at the beep. NO dot then I am like hmm, dead batteries. Shot the stage, slow but had all my hits. It is amazing that one can still hit without the dot really.

The idea of the docter falling off does not suprise me, when I shot Jpoints I used a lot of the vision of the entire gun to sight not just the dot.