Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Florida Open 2007

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As of my last check slots ARE still available. Squadding flexibility will be somewhat restricted but you can still get in.

Does anyone know if there are any slots still open?

Thanks, Sue

Edited by L9X25

I don't think there will be anything formal for a BE dinner Saturday night. I volunteer to be the hub of ideas and eventual plan for a get together on Sat. Maybe Venry can jump in here and volunteer to help out, he did a great job with the Mexican dinner last year.

Anyhow, catch me at the match or before and I'll try and organize something.

Latest information is that the match is FULL for Saturday and Sunday squads, but there are a few slots remaining for Friday.

Obviously, with well over 300 competitors, there will be several no-shows. People that show up on Saturday ready to shoot would likely get in. Unfortunately, they will be on the squad of the person that failed to to show up, and no squadding changes can be made at that time.

Is seems that USPSA will have the classifications updated by the 14th or 15th and the match classifications will be checked on Friday before the match.

At the begining of this week the weather was looking iffy for Saturday ... the latest forecasts now show the rain arriving earlier and a much drier weekend with only a 10% chance of rain. High temperatures in the mid 70's with plenty of sunshine. Let's keep our fingers crossed that these predictions hold.

Leo

For all you guys shooting the FL Open on Friday, bring additional ammo and head to St Augustine for our monthly match. Our match is held the third Saturday of each month.

For additional information and a map to the range go to www.mysapsa.com

I don't think there will be anything formal for a BE dinner Saturday night. I volunteer to be the hub of ideas and eventual plan for a get together on Sat. Maybe Venry can jump in here and volunteer to help out, he did a great job with the Mexican dinner last year.

Anyhow, catch me at the match or before and I'll try and organize something.

Well ... I'd be glad to help any way I can, as I did last year.

It would be hard to get any "confirmed" reservations without any specific commitments as to group size anywhere in the area for a large group. The only place that I know which can accomodate us at a last minute gathering would indeed be the same Mexican Restaurant we went to last year. The food and service was/is excellent. I wouldn't mind going there again this year.

Since "brundoggie" volunteered for the task ... I would suggest approaching him (tracking him down :unsure: ) and letting him know that you wish to partake in this get-together.

Although most of the shooters have usually made (or will make) the decision to gather in smaller (personal) size groups, it would be nice to get to meet some of the people we mingle with here at BEnos. I, for myself will be tracking down "Brundoggie" and adding my name to the list of people willing/wishing to "hang-out/meet" at the Mexican Restaurant, or any other suitable place.

Any others ... ???????