Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Western States Single Stack Championship

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Steve,

I hope you got back from your trip OK. The weather back east has not been real great! Speaking of weather, it is looking pretty good for this weekend! I have not been to your match before but I am familiar with Rio from the Area 2 match. When/Where do we sign in? Can we register on Friday? What time should we be at the range on Saturday? How large are the squads? I'll stop asking silly questions now and go dry fire...

See you this weekend!

Chuck

The minimum round count is 235. There are 12 stages. Shooters' meeting is at 7:30am on Saturday morning. Stages look great so far.

There will also be a stick/stake shoot-off this year. It wil be shot by three man/woman teams and each team can only have 1 GM or 1 M. So you can't have 2 M's or a GM & a M on the same team.

Edited by jasmap

The minimum round count is 235. There are 12 stages. Shooters' meeting is at 7:30am on Saturday morning. Stages look great so far.

There will also be a stick/stake shoot-off this year. It wil be shot by three man/woman teams and each team can only have 1 GM or 1 M. So you can't have 2 M's or a GM & a M on the same team.

Thank's jason! I was out there yesterday spying also,stages look cool. ps: your not on my bagger list anymore! :lol:

I got my wish today. I was waiting to shoot stage 1 and I kept wishing it would stop raining. For a little while it did. Of course it was snowing during that time so I guess I should be careful about the wording of my wishes.

-ld

If it wasn't for Global Warming, that would almost sound cold.

I remember the SMM3G last year, sounds about like the same comfort level.

Warm shower/bath and a high octane beverage should help.

Congratulations on finishing.

Edited by Viggen

It started to snow after I shot my last stage. It reminded me of last year's SMM3G. I'm glad I was the 1st shooter on the last stage because the rain and snow didn't let up after the first 2 shooters. Overall, it was a fun match but not as difficult as last year but I'm not complaining.

I'm still waiting for my free lunch and breakfast and a shirt that has "2007 WSSS" printed on it. :)

Here's what we ran into on the drive back to Tucson!

Good match, Steve! It was well organized and the stages were straight forward but challenging!

Nice job by the RO's , who stood out in the cold and rain (and snow) to make sure things ran safely!

100_0501.jpg

Edited by Tokarev

Here's what we ran into on the drive back to Tucson!

Good match, Steve! It was well organized and the stages were straight forward but challenging!

Nice job by the RO's , who stood out in the cold and rain (and snow) to make sure things ran safely!

100_0501.jpg

+1

The match as a whole was well balanced with strong hand, support hand, running and gunning, standards, etc. Great job Steve and staff for a challenging match. Could have done without the El Prez in the snow :)

MAJOR kudos to the RO's who somehow kept going for that last 1 1/2 stages in some of the most freezing rain I've ever been in.

Even with the weather, it was a terrific, fun match.

(+1 on the lunches and shirt, though!)

Hi Steve,

The Matches was Great, but in our squad #6 some of us were missing some of the score in stage 3 & 5, if my stage 3 score (108.54) was not missing :( , I will be 1st place in A, and 9th overall :D . unfortunately we need to drive back to CA, cannot wait for the score to post, Lost my trophy <_< .

Thanks again, see you next year.

Peter Q

Peter,

Sorry to hear about that. Tom and I left after stage 5 to go dry off. We wound up watching the Bears game ( :D ) and we did not get back to the range until the ceremony was over. The final scores were no longer posted so we were not able to see that stage 3 was missing :( .

Sorry!

Chuck

ps: A score of 9 OA in that match makes it official: you are a sandbagger!

It rained in Mesa, but it was a dry rain <_<

Again, this was a great match.

The stages were fantastic. Just enough of everything to test the shooter. Short stuff, long stuff, weak hand & strong hand. Sometimes you could stand and shoot and other times you had to run.

Steve and crew put together the best match in the country.

Ok - I will bemoan the weather. It was cloudy on Saturday but not too bad. Sunday--I froze. Shooting El Prez in freezing rain, sleet or snow was a bummer but Steve has no control over that.

Again, this truly is the best match in the country. Great RO and staff. Polly and Gail were super!

I will be there again next year.

This was clearly the greatest match ever because TGO helped tear down. An event not seen since the late Jurassic period! :D Now Rob does not only win every Single Stack, he literally tears them up.

Thanks for everyone who came to the match. I think it turned out quite well given the weather. Hope to see you all next year.

This was clearly the greatest match ever because TGO helped tear down. An event not seen since the late Jurassic period! :D Now Rob does not only win every Single Stack, he literally tears them up.

Thanks for everyone who came to the match. I think it turned out quite well given the weather. Hope to see you all next year.

Special thanks to you, Kelly, for your design on Stage 5. It was truly the "greatest stage ever!"

Special thanks to you, Kelly, for your design on Stage 5. It was truly the "greatest stage ever!"

Yup, It was a great stage! And we got to shoot it last on Sunday when the rain was full on! Gotta love those laying on the ground starts and scampering throug the mud puddles! Funny thing though: even with the shivering, it was my most accurate stage! :wacko:

Like I told the RO, yeah it's raining, but it's a dry rain. <_<

later,

Chuck

Yup, It was a great stage! And we got to shoot it last on Sunday when the rain was full on! Gotta love those laying on the ground starts and scampering throug the mud puddles! Funny thing though: even with the shivering, it was my most accurate stage! :wacko:

Like I told the RO, yeah it's raining, but it's a dry rain. <_<

later,

Chuck

Funny Chuck, my squad (# 7) shot 5 & 6 as the last two stages in the rain and snow and they were my most accurate stages of the match also. I was down 3 pts. on 5 and only down 1 pt. on 6. I am usually the guy that drops more points for a fast time but in this case I had a great score and ok time.

I was the last shooter on #5 so you were probably waiting for me to finish since all you guys were crowded around.

Neal in AZ

Neal,

You got the rug all wet! We were sitting the black Ford Edge watching you guys shoot. You guys didn't waste much time! I dropped 1 whole point on 5. My time was hardly screaming though. The manual dexterity had pretty much left my hands by the end of that sucker.