Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Western States Single Stack Championship

Neal,

You got the rug all wet! We were sitting the black Ford Edge watching you guys shoot. You guys didn't waste much time! I dropped 1 whole point on 5. My time was hardly screaming though. The manual dexterity had pretty much left my hands by the end of that sucker.

Yea, well, the freezing rain kinda encouraged us to finish 5 and get over to 6, where there was at least some overhead cover when you were shooting......

Edited by BBunin

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kudos to the guys in my squad (#7). We all hung around and worked even when our fingers were about to break off from frost bite. I heard stories about guys sitting in their trucks not working or leaving as soon as they got their yellow slips.

Kudos to the guys in my squad (#7). We all hung around and worked even when our fingers were about to break off from frost bite. I heard stories about guys sitting in their trucks not working or leaving as soon as they got their yellow slips.

Same well done for Squad 6#. We had guys with umbrellas over the score keeper. We had a person to hold the foul weather gear for the shooter and follow them to the end with the gear and hold an umbrella over them when they UASC and dress. It sort of looked like Michael Jackson's posse was doing USPSA! :D Our squad had atrophied to about 9 shooters by the last stage but they all stayed out and helped. It just that the hypothermia got the hands shaking and stiff. Combine that with wet tape and targets, well the process goes a bit slower than normal.

Later,

Chuck

Neal,

You got the rug all wet! We were sitting the black Ford Edge watching you guys shoot. You guys didn't waste much time! I dropped 1 whole point on 5. My time was hardly screaming though. The manual dexterity had pretty much left my hands by the end of that sucker.

Yes, it was my fault for spilling my water bottle on the rug. :huh:

You guys had a pretty good view sitting where you were in that car since it was right up there close to the entrance to the stage. .

It was really wet by the time I shot it. A shooter shot through just before me and he flipped the rug over so it was evenly wet. I was going to do that and he beat me to it.

I will also echo what Eric said about the squad. I was extrememly pleased to have all the squad stay till the very end on stage 6 even though it was miserable. It was good to know that you just spent the weekends shooting with such a good group.

Neal in AZ