Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Is 13 +1 Enough For Limited?

markd

I'm going to put together a Limited gun over the winter. My heart is with .45 acp but I hear some say that 13 +1 capacity can be a real handicap in Limited class. Can a man shoot 13+1 and have a real shot at winning at most matches or should I for sure go with a wide body .40 with 18 + round capacity? All opinions will be appreciated.

I'm going to put together a Limited gun over the winter. My heart is with .45 acp but I hear some say that 13 +1 capacity can be a real handicap in Limited class. Can a man shoot 13+1 and have a real shot at winning at most matches or should I for sure go with a wide body .40 with 18 + round capacity? All opinions will be appreciated.

You really need 20+1.

your skill level will determine first how it will hurt you. Second, if you build one out a Glock 21 (.45ACP) you can get 18+1. 13 round hi-cap mags, Grams +5 basepad kit makes 18 rounds, plus one in the pipe.

good luck

your skill level will determine first how it will hurt you. Second, if you build one out a Glock 21 (.45ACP) you can get 18+1. 13 round hi-cap mags, Grams +5 basepad kit makes 18 rounds, plus one in the pipe.

good luck

18rds of 45 in a 140mm legal magazine?

:blink:

Down load to 10.. shoot Limited 10...

Look at your times next to Limited shooters.. you'll probably have a good idea. If yuo're an 'A' you'll probably beat the 'B''s, but not the 'A's..

+1 on limited 10

you can put a donkey in the ketucky durby... but its not gonna win

When double stack guns first appeared on the scene (Para Gunsmith frames) we built a few magazine extensions that were 170mm and held 18 - 20 rounds of .45. I seriously doubt that 18 rounds of .45 will fit in a 140 legal magazine.

Edited by L9X25

Para P-14's can take a Dawson (legal 140mm) pad and hold 18 of 45ACP. I'm not sure how long they will run with that setup.

You can get close with the G21's, but I think you end up being down a round ?

My buddy (dwt) tried that setup a bit. He ended up going with Limited-10 with the G21 instead.

Now, he is running a G20 (10mm gun) with a 40S&W replacement barrel in Limited and Limited-10. He was a die-hard hold-out of not really wanting to go to 40...now he loves it. :)

If you can't run at least 19, shoot L10.

Para P-14's can take a Dawson (legal 140mm) pad and hold 18 of 45ACP. I'm not sure how long they will run with that setup.

it. :)

I have my P-14 Para .45 with the dawson pads for over 4 years and they are working fine still. can get 18 rounds in the mag easy. used gramms at first but they didn't hold up well in indoor range. concrete floors. ouch.

good luck

George,

with Calipers, and following the magazine measurement procedure in the back of the rule book, my G21 mags with Grams +5 extensions measure 5.525" which converts to 140.335 mm. The USPSA gauge is 141.25, right? Should fit ---- but man it'll be close......

Mine are reloadable with 17 rounds, 18 makes it an impossible seat in my G21.....

good luck

George,

with Calipers, and following the magazine measurement procedure in the back of the rule book, my G21 mags with Grams +5 extensions measure 5.525" which converts to 140.335 mm. The USPSA gauge is 141.25, right? Should fit ---- but man it'll be close......

Mine are reloadable with 17 rounds, 18 makes it an impossible seat in my G21.....

Well, ok then. I didn't think it would even be close.

I didn't think.

It was probably the beer though....... :lol::lol:

Naw, seriously, look at a S&W 5906 mag sometime --- they hold 15 rounds. Then compare it to a Glock 19 mag --- holds 15 also, but is much shorter and wider....

Same thing with the 21 mags. They're wide, and Beven chops the followers legs off.....

I didn't think.

It was probably the beer though....... :lol::lol:

Naw, seriously, look at a S&W 5906 mag sometime --- they hold 15 rounds. Then compare it to a Glock 19 mag --- holds 15 also, but is much shorter and wider....

Same thing with the 21 mags. They're wide, and Beven chops the followers legs off.....

Ack, you wound me, Nik. :P

I swear, it had nothing to do with the beer. The beer was blameless.

:D