Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CM 99-21

cpty1

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Damn, I was ON FIRE when I shot this today...

60 points (all A's baby!)

5.45 seconds

11.0092 HF

Calculator says... 93.6%!!! WOO-HOO!!!

My current percentage is 59.7%, so this won't count will it?

I forgot to write down my HF today dammit. As soon as the scores get posted, you can bet your sweet bippy I'll be running that thing through the calculator.

72% Baby :) I'm beginning to LIKE this one, after 5 years of shooting the damned thing. This one is all about KNOWING you don't have to aim ;)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Not a bad run for me back on 9/7 - Considering I have only been shooting USPSA for about 3 months now. I think I could have been faster, but lost 1.0 - 1.5 seconds on the reload. Outgoing mag hit the counter, and that 'sound' kind of 'broke' my 'zone' up a little when trying to re-charge the ole glock. Oh well ....

Joel Thomas 33 U Production 60 0 10.95 5.4795 36.8106 61.35%

Well, at least I got all 'A's !!! ;) My 4th classifier so, looks like when the database is updated, I'll be a solid 'D' shooter. Now .... to make 'C' by the end of 2005! ;)

• 9 months later...

Shot this one today @ Rayners Range. 4.81 seconds with 54 pts in Production with an old, beat-up G17! ;) Should factor out to be my FIRST 100% EVER! (Not to mention being a 100% in Production) I better watch it. :ph34r: This should bring me up to 80% in Prod.! :o

I went L --> R both times. Backed up a little before the draw, so as not to be crowded when bringing the gun up on the first target. I just snatched up the gun, made my shots, made the reload from the shelf, and made the rest of the shots. Nothin' fancy. Didn't really aim except on T3 (both times).

I did feel really loose while shooting this one. I too, did alot of practice snatching the gun up and bringing it to the 1st target, putting it back on the shelf and doing it again, during the LAMR. Probably drove the RO nuts, but we weren't in any hurry today. I felt like I had a loose grip on the gun during the unloaded "dry-runs" and also while shooting. Like I relaxed my grip and actually let the gun recoil instead of trying to controll it. At this distance I suppose it dosent matter much, just hose away.

I had 3 C's and the rest were all Alphas. I felt like the reload was a bit clumsy, but it wasnt painfully long either. Probably could do even better if I had a good reload. It is a little weird to do a reload from anything but the belt, but somehow I managed a decent one today. ;)

First I'm the good luck charm for Jake and now Chris... :D

Good meeting you Chris. Congratulations!

Now if you'll just shave your head, pickup a wheelgun, and cut about 5" off the top you'll be just like my hero and your uncle Sam. There are some other unspeakable things that have to do with Ramer, TN but you'll have contact Uncle Sam Keen to get those gory details.

I certainly didn't make GM but I shot a good run right after you left but with the wheelgun (great for me anyway.)

7.00 sec, all A's :)

WOW! Thats a smoking run for a revo. Not that I know a DAMN thing about revos, but it sounds fast! :D

I wish I could have seen it. It still amazes me how you fellows make those round shiny noise-makers go "bang bang - bang bang - bang bang - and then they seem to fall apart, and metal parts fall onto the ground - and then somehow they keep making more noise and smoke! ;)

I am glad you saw my great run today, because I still dont believe it. I mean, I dont think it's worthy of posting in the Magic Moments thread because it was over before I knew it. :o I knew it felt great but had no sense of "time" while doing it, I just did it. I couldnt believe the readout on the timer when I looked at it. I'm just glad I had "witnessess"! B)

Nice to meet you as well. I dont get up to Rayners much, but hopefully will make it 1 or 2 more times later this year. CYA THEN!~

"This one is all about KNOWING you don't have to aim"

Kathy, Kathy, Kathy...You keep talking like that and I'm revoking your "editorship"

:) :) :)

You must have had "an acceptable sight picture" to get good hits.

An acceptable sight picture can be just about anything, but it must be something. Otherwise, your luck will eventually run out. :)

I should know, I miked my first shot on a 2 ft target after giving an hour long class on acceptable sight picture on Saturday to 25 shooters. I setup to the left of the target, and that's where my index was and where the bullet went. :) :) :)

:(

SA

Edited by Steve Anderson

OK .... I take back the part where I said I didnt really aim on T1 & T2.

I must have aimed some sort of acceptable sight picture, but because T1 & T2 were so close (4 yards & 2 yards) the sight picture came and went so quickly I probably didnt have enough time to consiously process the visual information. On T3 I did, but again it was only an "acceptable" sight picture becuse that's where 2 of my 3 Charlies came from. B)